• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

childhood online computer games? (club penguin, webkinz, etc)

Wow that means you're famous!
My fav thing to do on neopets was get my daily omelet lmao
I liked how it was a different one every time and I collected so many of them. I always felt cool when I was lucky to get a rare flavor lol

My favorite was customizing the store. I made it all hamtaro style.

When I was young, I used to play Poptropica, mainly on the computers at my library. I've long stopped playing but I think my account may still be there. I also used to play the first 3 BTD games on Cool Math Games too.

i have quite a few!

neopets: after seeing this this thread, i discovered that i haven't logged on for at least a year. logging on to see my pet starving gave me animal crossing vibes.. and i hate it. anyways, the game was my jam back then.
fantage: OMG.. this was my first online computer game and it was so much fun! i actually brought the membership once.
roblox: judge me all you want, but i still play unironically.
club penguin: rip.

- - - Post Merge - - -

i have quite a few!

neopets: after seeing this this thread, i discovered that i haven't logged on for at least a year. logging on to see my pet starving gave me animal crossing vibes.. and i hate it. anyways, the game was my jam back then.
fantage: OMG.. this was my first online computer game and it was so much fun! i actually brought the membership once.
roblox: judge me all you want, but i still play unironically.
club penguin: rip.

I used to play an online game called "Pet Party" when I was younger. I started to play it thanks to an
old school friend who played said game one day at school. It was one of my favorite online game back
in the days and I actually spent lots of hours into it. However, I lost interest at a certain point, mostly
because the website where I played it got shut down and I pretty much lost my process because of
this.

Otherwise I just played typical silly online games on websites that offered those games. One was
about decorating cakes and I don't know why but it was a fun game, even if it was pretty simple.

I used to play an online game called "Pet Party" when I was younger. I started to play it thanks to an
old school friend who played said game one day at school. It was one of my favorite online game back
in the days and I actually spent lots of hours into it. However, I lost interest at a certain point, mostly
because the website where I played it got shut down and I pretty much lost my process because of
this.

Otherwise I just played typical silly online games on websites that offered those games. One was
about decorating cakes and I don't know why but it was a fun game, even if it was pretty simple.

oh mY GOD, I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO REMEMBERED PET PARTY! i loved that game! that was one of my favs too!

oh boy some mine were weird and no one ever knows what im talking about when I mention them

playdo, fantage, faketown, girlsense, and then Webkinz of course lol

I was a neopets kid, never played club penguin or anything else like that. I'm still active on my account if anyone wants to be friends :lemon:

I started out with Neopets like most kids did. I then moved on to MyEPets and LPS Online (think that's what it was called?) before I began playing my absolute favorite, Bearville. I'd still log on from time to time had they not shut it down.
My second favorite was Free Realms, which closed a little bit before Bearville did. I also had a Club Penguin phase in 2012 or so.

Other games I liked: Pixie Hollow, Fantage, that Mattel site with all the doll games and print-outs, and Disneychannel.com games. I'd also occasionally go on those shady "girls games" websites that are flooded with ads and bad quality games.

Games I never liked: Poptropica, Webkinz, Moshi Monsters, Roblox.

Last edited:
I had a million webkinz pets for a while there. My youngest sibling just wanted the stuffed animals and I mainly wanted the codes so it was an easy two part present for both of us. But I also played the Humongous Entertainment games on my computer (Pajama sam was my favorite) all the time.

Just a side note, I googled HE to see a list of all the games and it's on steam, but it's also on google play and the app store for under $10?! Super excited about that.

Ohohohhhh you really digged the nostalgia pit now. Club Penguin was such a huge thing in my elementary years! Strangely mostly the boys played it, so I hung out with them. But all boys from the elementary to the middle schoolers played it, we bought all the official strategy guides, fan magazines, and choose your own adventure books, talked to each other over the phone as we played it, talked online too, shared tips, drew the characters, even started "our own fan magazine and strategy guide". i was the main artist hehe. Now it's all coming back to me, the sudden change in art style and how we hated it, the major updates and our reactions, all the celebrity penguins and thinking they were real people, the puffles, the secret codes for clotheds and gold coins, the dance off competitions, the secret locations, the christmas updates, the decline, the annoying events they held to advertise for disney movies, and finally the fall. i can't think of anything else to describe my childhood more accurately than cp.

My gosh, Webkinz was a huge part of my childhood. I would play all day, every day. I had so many stuffed Webkinz. I remember being sad that there was so much member only stuff, because my parents would never buy me membership. I was on a few years ago to see what changed, and a lot of my old favorite games and features are member-locked now. It's really sad.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I started out with Neopets like most kids did. I then moved on to MyEPets and LPS Online (think that's what it was called?) before I began playing my absolute favorite, Bearville. I'd still log on from time to time had they not shut it down.
My second favorite was Free Realms, which closed a little bit before Bearville did. I also had a Club Penguin phase in 2012 or so.

Other games I liked: Pixie Hollow, Fantage, that Mattel site with all the doll games and print-outs, and Disneychannel.com games. I'd also occasionally go on those shady "girls games" websites that are flooded with ads and bad quality games.

Games I never liked: Poptropica, Webkinz, Moshi Monsters, Roblox.

Oh my gosh someone else who played Pixie Hollow. I was so darn sad when they shut that one down! I hecking loved that game.

It's crazy to think I was playing Club Penguin or at least watching friends play it at 5 years old. That game was addicting.

I played Toontown, and was absolutely devastated when it shut down. I was 8 or 9 around the time and stayed home on its closing day and cried. Toontown was also the reason I learned to read!
Funny story actually, I would always call my mom into the computer room to ask her what people were saying and she told me that if I didn't learn how to read she would make me quit Toontown so I got a web program and taught myself to read when I was 3, which is both impressing and hilarious.
Toontown sparked my love of reading and honestly had such an influence on me growing up that my mom told me she wouldn't be mad if I got a Toontown tattoo.

i played a bunch of webkinz and have begged my parents to buy me them, so i have like 20. roblox is another i'd play a lot. TBH ill go on it occasionally to see what's up with the community. I also spent way too much money on it than i'd like to admit

I loved playing the Pixie Hollow online game. I remember playing PetPet Park too, and going into that volcano with all of the noodles! And that one card game? Other than that, Club Penguin was my main website. I played Webkinz too, and even the Nickelodeon online game.

I used to play a lot of those games, but focused on two primarely.
I played A LOT (and still do, from time to time) of Woozworld, I don't know if anyone knows this game, but it was a lot of un and I made some great friends there!
I also played too much Transformice! It's a very cute game on which I spent way too much money. And the funny part is that I got perma-banned nearly 4 years ago and the administrators refuse to unban me... for mistakes I did when I was like... 13, I think it's ridiculous and a very toxic way fo thinking because people change, but heh, to each their own.

The main three I played were Club Penguin, Moshi Monsters and Webkinz. Moshi Monsters was more because of the physical figures and was a little bit of a craze at my school, I did enjoy decorating my house but the multiplayer connectivity was poor. Webkinz started because I got bought a little plush from a random toy shop which just so happened to still stock older webkinz! I really enjoyed it for a long while, very different to what I'd played before.

My older sister actually introduced me to Club Penguin, and I was obsessed! We would go to the Disney Store and every time I'd come home with a different plush or pack of trading cards, excited to redeem to code. It clearly made enough of an impact for me to still log onto Club Penguin Rewritten every event! :blush:

Back