childhood online computer games? (club penguin, webkinz, etc)

I used to just play a lot of flash games on newgrounds, miniclip and gamefudge. I think the first online game i got really into was secret builders and toontown back in 2008/2009, then it was roblox, moshi monsters, adventure quest, etc. Always would play with my sisters

Last edited:
Looking through these made me remember so many games I used to play!! Bearville was another really good one!

I used to play Webkinz and Club Penguin a lot when I was younger. I probably had over a 100 Webkinz (Plush and ones from the virtual store) >.<

I had 3 good friends on Webkinz, but they stopped playing and since I was younger, I didn't have any other way to contact them, so just good memories now. I had 2 friends on Club penguin, one stopped playing and I'm still friends with the other one :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

i was such an ungodly deep in animal jam kid. i had a blog and merch and everything. by merch, i mean the FIRST merch, this was before it became mainstream. so i guess i'm a furry hipster now
i was pretty into club penguin too, i had a bunch of toys, books, and the cards.
before either of those, however, i collected webkinz and played the game online. i also played this weird obscure bootleg webkinz for marine animals for a week back in the day??
View attachment 221001
View attachment 221002

I played on SeaPals for a bit when I was younger, I had the Pink Anemone Fish, it wasn't that fun of a site though lol

Build-A-Bearville was my early childhood. Apparently they shut it down, pretty sad tbh.

I was def a Neopets kid, I still play it actually as embarrassing as that is. I was super into Webkinz for a few years. I vaguely remember Bearville, Millsberry, Club Penguin, and Poptropica.

Webkinz and Club Penguin were the first online games I got into as a kid. I was more into Webkinz at first and collected over 70+ different plushes. I had 2 accounts on the website and I actually enjoyed playing with the plushes irl with my sister. We made up different scenarios and did plays with them at our library lol.
With Club Penguin, I gradually got more and more obsessed with it as I lost interest in Webkinz. I eventually started asking for memberships and card jitsu collectable cards instead of new Webkinz. I bought a rockhopper plush with birthday money too lolol. Club Penguin became my life and I made a lot of friends on there, but when they stopped coming online I started drifting to other sites.
I joined Moshi Monsters when I was around 12 and I continued using my account there until I was like, 15 lmao. I know that seems kinda old for a website like that but I really only went on there for the forums. I met a lot of cool people on there and would even video chat with them. I recently reconnected with someone from those forums on discord, so I'm pretty happy about that!!!
I loved Moviestarplanet as well but I never made any really good friends on it so it's not as nostalgic for me.
There are a lot of other websites I joined that I can't remember the names of, but online worlds were basically my childhood since I was homeschooled and didn't really have much else to do with my life back then lol.

I used to play those games on the 4kids website of shows I used to watch, Moshi Monsters, Stardoll and miniclip games. Addicting games was really popular. All I remember is being the best in my class at this one game lol. The World Hardest Game was the bomb back then too. I used to own a lot of CD-ROM games too; there was a Powerpuff Girls one and one with chess/checkers and other board games. And who could forget Pinball?

We didn't have a home computer or laptop when I was a kid, so I mainly played the games at my school. I remember playing Poptropica, and getting onto some educational gaming websites like FunBrain and CoolMath. I remember playing Timez Attack back in fourth grade, and it was sick. It was just so fun. I also got obsessed with Club Penguin for quite a while during my middle school years; so it wasn't that long ago when I decided to stop playing it. I used the app version for it, though.

Last edited:
I first played Club Penguin back in 2007, and I played it consistently from 2009 to 2012.

Oo I played a lot of games as a kid. I used to play kid games on discs before any actual internet stuff. My first actual online game was neopets back in 2004 probably. Around 2006 I started playing habbo hotel, I was into both sites for several years In 2007 I started playing Runescape and still play it on and off to this day. I also played IMVU, wizard101, toontown, club penguin, gaiaonline and games on Nickelodeon and cartoon network around that time as well. And I also went and downloaded free trials and stuff all the time on yahoo games and played a lot of stuff on there. Diner dash, virtual villagers, cake mania etc. In 2010-2011 I started playing omgpop practically daily for over a year until that site shutdown because of draw something. Also smallworlds too in 2011. Oo and town of Salem, toontown rewritten and a few others... I also played some flash games as well.

i remember playing neopets constantly around like 2002-2003, i was super into it and i'm pretty sure that's where i learned the basics of html. when webkinz became a thing i think a friend got me into that, but i didn't play it as long because my parents didn't want to buy more of the pets or spend money on stuff on the website, although that was before it became as much of a cash grab as it is these days.

non flash sites? 2 main games:
roblox
and poptropica.
i played a little bit of webkinz some pixe hollow and like weeworld for a bit but man roblox back in the day was the ****. I had membership and everything. It's sad to see what it's become. Im glad poptropica is still the same game. I went back awhile ago on a new account and the old islands are still up. I love that game.

"Little Space Heroes" which changed to "Space Heroes Universe" THAT game was my ABSOLUTE jam when i was 9-13. then i started playing acnl and stopped playing. by the time i went back it shut down and i was devastated. even today i miss it because the art style was really really cute and fun. i preferred it way more than club penguin

Toon Town was fun i played then when i was around 8-9

"Build-A-Bear World" or something i was also obsessed with that game. thats about it

and rObLoX

I think I played Neopets? Even though I wasn't allowed to at the time. And I vaguely remember playing IMVU, and dressed up so tomboy-ish I was made fun of lmao

Last edited:
Back