• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Chatex

Fabioisonfire

total a-hole
Bells
Chatex TBT HQ
ms_c.PNG

-

What is this?
Hey everyone. I started playing with online coding possibilities yesterday, and this is what I came up with so far, and I think I'll continue it:

Chatex.

Basically, right now, it's a very simple chat program with register/log in functions. People can host their own servers simply if they want to start a Chatex room, or they can go off of mine, which will be the easiest option. As of now, the server has basic functions, allowing the server host to give administrator/moderator powers, and also ban/kicking. I also have installed a simple change background option. There is also a censor system in place.

In the future, I'll be adding more options, such as a profile, counting logins, words typed, number of times kicked, etc. You'll be able to view other users' profiles and compare. You'll also get a credit system, which will go by how many words you've typed. The more words, the more credit. With the credit, you can buy extras for your profile, and more. I was originally planning to add this function to MP:H UP 2, which I will, but this is a separate project.

So I guess this is Beta, and I want you all to test it out with me. I've tested it, and it all works great, it's a nice little program of mine. If this gets popular enough, I'll create some forums, also.

-

Now for the downloads. (Each file .ZIPped):

-To download the Client, in which you'll be able to register/log in and join other Chatex rooms, click here.
My server is open, and my IP is 4.227.157.97.

-To download the Server, in which you'll be able to start your own Chatex rooms and control them, click here.
Feel free to share your IPs with the Chatex community.

-

Screenshots:

(Please, take some screenshots of your conversations and post them here.)

-

Can't find your IP? Go here.

"Can't connect to the server"

when it asks the IP I type "4.227.157.97" and I get that message..

Back