• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Can you name every state?

Most, but not all. I didn't even learn the states until like 8th grade, but I had some practice throughout elementary school..but I have a bad memory in general.

yes;
- TAS
- VIC
- NSW
- QLD
- NT
- WA
- SA

wasnt that hard???

I live in the states but I could probably not, at least not now. I used to in grade school when we had to do that but now, no chance. There would be plenty of holes in my America if I tried to list them all. The capitals no idea on most of them.

Yes, as well as every capitol. Thanks to the Animaniacs.

I'm not American though, and I don't even know all the regions and departments in my own country (France), which is super sad. If only we had a catchy song that lists them all (here's an idea)...

I can not but that is probably because I am English. I tried memorising that Animaniacs song when I was younger but that was just because I was a big fan of the show.
Americans have to remember some crazy junk, as well as all the states they have to remember all the presidents, and the pledge of allegiance. ...It's really creepy to me that children have to remember and recite the pledge of allegiance daily.

I'm Australian and I'm pretty thankful we only have 7 (well 8 really) states/territories haha!

I probably could. We also had to put them on a map this year in World Geography. As well as every other country in the world. For tests. It was torture. I can name any Canadian provinces as well, and as said before, I could probably correctly label any map you hand me (political at least.).

Last edited:
I can not but that is probably because I am English. I tried memorising that Animaniacs song when I was younger but that was just because I was a big fan of the show.
Americans have to remember some crazy junk, as well as all the states they have to remember all the presidents, and the pledge of allegiance. ...It's really creepy to me that children have to remember and recite the pledge of allegiance daily.

I never had to recite the pledge or memorize any presidents ' o'

Yeah I don't think I'd be American, ever lol.

I'm Dutch and I can only name about 20 states. But I am able to name all European countries :cool:

Last edited:
Probably. I haven't tried it in a while. Currently we have to memorize every state AND their capitals for a quiz next week. D':

I learned from a different song than the one that's already posted. The video is on YouTube and it's called "Tour the States" or something. XD

I can name them all zel. I blame a song my music class did in 5th grade. It listed all the states in alphabetical order and made it easy to learn the name of every state zel.

Nope, but I'm not American so it's never really something that's come up for me to learn. I'm British, and at school we had to learn all the countries in Europe and their capital cities, so I guess it's something similar.

Back