Can a new villager move in at the same spot as the last villager who has left?

Joyce

Bells
Switch
0865-8759-6476
Red Candy
So, Curlos left me yesterday without telling. Great. Willow is moving in today, since I adopted her from someone last Thursday. :) So today, her house plot is in my town.

Is it even possible for a new, moving-in villager to get their house plot at the EXACT same spot as where the last moved-out villager lived?

Because I've been resetting for a few hours and it's starting to get annoying. :p Thanks!

Yep! I had Skye in a spot near my re-tail, I moved her out for Freya and she moved in the exact spot the next day. n_n

Thanks both! :) Luckily Willow just moved into a really nice spot, a different one but that's okay. Since I'll have 9 villagers with Willow included, I'll go and try to get no. 10 on Curlos' old spot. :p

Yup, it's happened to me twice. Gala moved in where Claudia lived and Moe moved where Lionel was.

As above mentioned, yes c:

In my old town when I was resetting and random villagers moved in, Marcie moved where Merengue was, Chops moved where O'hare was, Victoria and then Muffy moved where Molly was, and Nana moved where Fauna was :3

Possible but low in chance. None of my new villagers moved to where previous move-out's lived, and I resetted 30+ times once. Today those spots are still empty while I got 3 new villagers since than. One villager even placed its house in the same location 5 times, only moving 1 tile each reset.

Last edited:
^ It happened twice in a row with me. I was starting to think the villagers only moved where previous ones lived xD

Back