• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Bug's Art Gallery 💫

I sketched this like a week and a half ago and I've been putting it off for some reason, yet I somehow managed to get all the line art, coloring, and shading done in one day! but anyways I mostly practiced shading in this one, I'm really happy with how it turned out ☺️
crystal-and-aurora.png

this drawing is a reference to a flipnote I made with these two way back in 2011. it featured the song "Blessings" by Laura Story (the song which Crystal is singing here) and shows how Crystal appeared unto Aurora in her hour of need, and became a "guardian angel" to her. these two are inseparable, and they can often be found together.

these were drawn in the flipnote I mentioned in 2011, they're supposed to be on the same screen together so just imagine them next to each other. I've obviously improved quite a bit since then 😅
just ignore the writing, I was kind of a dumb kid lol
9021929_cak716Dg1m2vWTD.jpg
5101867_XI8hyNFgKpC1cr2.jpg

this turned way more complicated than I originally intended it to lol BUT I'm very happy with how it turned out!!
I wanted to draw a new pic for my buying/selling thread since the last collectible I'm looking to buy is a rad feather! I drew my toucat OC with all the gradient feathers, she stumbled upon a rad feather and she would love to add it to her collection~
rad-feather-toucat.png

Last edited:
finished a quickie, this character is based on an arcanine I had in my copy of Fire Red wayyyy back in 2010 (it was the very first pokemon game I ever played and arcanine was, and still is, my favorite). he really needed some new art so here he is, looking all preppy as he does :3
arcy.png

Arcy and Alia.jpg
46518119_FXPKEyxwnkXNK64.gif

the one on the left is from late 2011, and the one on the right is from mid-2012. they're actually not too bad lol. also yes the one on the left was drawn on a white board, I briefly had one and I was obsessed with drawing on it 😂

I love how colorful and bright your artwork is! Your art always brightens my day up both because of that and because of how amazing and creative they are ☺️. That’s wonderful that you finished your Molly Koopa design! It looks adorable! I had no idea you struggled drawing koopas since it looks so good! 🙂 I can’t wait to see what you draw next. ☺️

this turned way more complicated than I originally intended it to lol BUT I'm very happy with how it turned out!!
I wanted to draw a new pic for my buying/selling thread since the last collectible I'm looking to buy is a rad feather! I drew my toucat OC with all the gradient feathers, she stumbled upon a rad feather and she would love to add it to her collection~
rad-feather-toucat.png
i first saw this in your tbt marketplace thread and immediately fell in love with it. your art style + rainbow colours = perfection. 🥰🌈

took a short break from drawing bc yay carpal tunnel :,,,,,,)
BUT I'm getting back into it now and this evening I just did a quick doodle of two Prongos, specifically the two from my fanfics, Spike and Zulo (i know their designs aren't super original lol). this is actually the first time I've ever drawn a prongo before, idk how. but I like how this turned out :~)
prongo.png

I finally finished my reference sheet for Sterling and I'm very pleased with how it turned out! especially considering this is the first ref sheet I've ever made lol :p
sterling-ref-sheet.png

I didn't realize, when I bought this silver fox plush back in January, how special he would become to me. in a way he's become a reflection of how I see myself. he (as well as my thwomp plushie ofc) is my favorite plushie that I own now, and I take him everywhere I go. so making this character sheet really meant a lot to me, and I'm hoping I can use Sterling in more upcoming art pieces and commissions (and eventually, stories I write abt my plushies) ☺️💕

two heckin good boys right here
20220504-180255.jpg

Last edited:
finished another drawing today! I honestly wasn't expecting to have it done before I went to be but here he is!
Jamal-the-Magikoopa.png

this is a character who has not yet appeared in one of my fanfics but I hope to use him at some point. he's kinda like a buddy-rival to Toby; Jamal wants to hate him but he just can't, so he often uses funny and/or ridiculous tactics to try to impede Toby's journeys.
you may also notice that his glasses are cracked. he's quite clumsy and tends to break his glasses often. it's a miracle he can even fly on a broom without crashing into something!

also quite proud of this one bc I'm honestly not very good at drawing magikoopas (I never drew them as a kid bc they always made me mad lmaooo) so yeah 😁

me at 9am: I only have a small amount of lineart done, idk if I can get this whole thing done before I leave on Saturday morning.
me at almost 8pm: I have all the lineart done AND all the coloring done holy ****
heigh-comparison-no-shading.png

now here's the big question: should I shade this drawing? 🤔 I'm leaning towards yes but I know that's gonna be like another 4 hours of work lol rip

edit: I've decided not to shade this bc I have other projects I want to work on, but I still think this is a great character ref sheet 😁

Last edited:
me at 9am: I only have a small amount of lineart done, idk if I can get this whole thing done before I leave on Saturday morning.
me at almost 8pm: I have all the lineart done AND all the coloring done holy ****
heigh-comparison-no-shading.png

now here's the big question: should I shade this drawing? 🤔 I'm leaning towards yes but I know that's gonna be like another 4 hours of work lol rip
This looks amazing! Wow! You should definitely do some shading. :) Also, who is that character on the far right? It looks like they're blocking the door to the washroom lol.

This looks amazing! Wow! You should definitely do some shading. :) Also, who is that character on the far right? It looks like they're blocking the door to the washroom lol.
I need to take a break from my computer bc I've been sitting here for like 10 hours lmaooo but yeah I'll definitely do shading tomorrow!!
also that's Allo, he's a wallop that I was gonna use in my fanfics years ago and never did for some reason. he's a big softie but he also likes to get in people's way, hence why he's blocking the door to the restroom. Jamal is not enthused 😂

two weeks later and I'm FINALLY back with a new piece of art!! 🤩
I'm not even kidding, I started and finished this entire thing in one day. It took me a bit but I finally got into hyperfocus mode and just got it done lol!!

my poor gal Amelia was overdue for some new art (p sure last time I drew her was in 2017 OTL) so I did a re-draw of her 2017 art, aka the very first drawing I ever posted in this thread! It's amazing to see how far I've come, but I think I still have plenty of room for improvement and I can't wait to see where five more years takes me!!
amelia.png

I'm working on a drawing of her and Daniel (aka my OTP) right now, and since I haven't drawn her in almost 5 years I wanted to do this solo art before jumping into the new drawing. I fixed some proportions and designs, but I really needed to fix her hair bc it used to look like a cloud lol. her hair is naturally wavy/curly so it's a little tricky to draw, but I'm much happier with the way it looks now!

also I did another before-and-after if anyone would like to compare the two drawing directly! it's such a huge difference!! 😵
amelia-before-n-after.png

guys I'm on a roll again!! 💫
I did the lineart, coloring, and shading all in one sitting and it only took me about 2 hours!! I think I'm becoming more efficient drawing with my current art style and so I'm able to get these out a lot more quickly than before.

so this is Caroline! she's a white poodle (based directly on my webkinz white poodle plush) and this is her wearing her signature dress. back during Halloween I made this dress for her as part of TBT's plushie costume contest and I really wanted to draw her wearing it. the design is based on a flamenco dress, which I've always thought were really beautiful dresses. I think I'm getting better at drawing dress forms, I really like the way this turned out (especially the petticoat)!
Caroline.png

this is the first time I had ever hand sewn an outfit for one of my plushies (I considered using my sewing machine but idk how to use one rip) and it took quite a long time but, for being my first outfit, I think it turned out pretty great!
20211029-013849.jpg
20211029-014106.jpg
she does have two sisters, a pink poodle and a black poodle. I'll have to draw them sometime too 😁

guys I'm on a roll again!! 💫
I did the lineart, coloring, and shading all in one sitting and it only took me about 2 hours!! I think I'm becoming more efficient drawing with my current art style and so I'm able to get these out a lot more quickly than before.

so this is Caroline! she's a white poodle (based directly on my webkinz white poodle plush) and this is her wearing her signature dress. back during Halloween I made this dress for her as part of TBT's plushie costume contest and I really wanted to draw her wearing it. the design is based on a flamenco dress, which I've always thought were really beautiful dresses. I think I'm getting better at drawing dress forms, I really like the way this turned out (especially the petticoat)!
Caroline.png

this is the first time I had ever hand sewn an outfit for one of my plushies (I considered using my sewing machine but idk how to use one rip) and it took quite a long time but, for being my first outfit, I think it turned out pretty great!
20211029-013849.jpg
20211029-014106.jpg
she does have two sisters, a pink poodle and a black poodle. I'll have to draw them sometime too 😁
Bugggg no way I have a white webkinz poodle too! 🥺
Her dress is so prettyyyy
This art I can't- I don't deserve the honor of seeing this masterpiece 💕

finished yet another drawing! I really am on a hot streak right now 😂

so these are two Animal Crossing OCs of mine whom are very special to me, Daniel and Amelia. the latter has never actually appeared in an AC game but the former is my New Leaf mayor. as a kid I decided one day that I wanted them to be a couple (I actually have written/started a fanfic about how they met) and ever since I've been enamored with drawing them together and seeing others draw them together.
thing is, I haven't drawn them in the same pic together since 2016?? I honestly can't believe it's been that long. but I wanted to do it again so here we are!

since I would like to start writing my own visual storybooks based on my fan/fics, I'll create a short story for this drawing!
d-and-a-lying-down.png

After a long and tiring day of performing his mayoral duties, Daniel finally had some time to himself. Taking a quiet stroll around the town in the wee hours of the evening was always the best way to unwind. He walked to his favorite spot in the town: a small, open, grassy area with the perfect window to the wonders of the sky and the great beyond. As an aspiring astronomer, Daniel always appreciated having a wide open view of the stars. When he arrived to this spot, he noticed that Amelia had already made herself comfortable there, complete with a blanket, a plate of macarons, and a bottle of sparkling juice. She seemed to be expecting him.

"Oh, hey! There you are!" She patted the blanket with her hand. "How did the sports fair go?"

Daniel sat down on the blanket and sighed. "It went well! But despite the fact that I didn't participate myself, I'm absolutely tuckered out." He laughed, "I don't know how those jocks do it. Just watching them wears me out!"

"I know how those athletic events can be," Amelia agreed. "I like sports as much as the next guy, but sometimes the excitement and noise can be a bit much to handle. And I'm used to lots of noise, so I can't imagine how exhausted you must be."

"Yeah..."

He took off his hat, sat it down on the blanket, and leaned back a bit with his eyes closed. She could tell that Daniel was exhausted, and even though he tried to maintain his positive and cheery attitude as usual, he desperately needed a rest.

"I hope I'm not intruding on your personal time."

He glanced over at her. "No, you're fine! I'm actually really enjoying the peace and quiet. Your presence is no bother."

His modesty would never let him express anything more, but she could tell that he, very much so, appreciated her being there with him. Daniel always enjoyed his personal space, and he did spend much of his time in solitude, but he never turned down an opportunity to spend time with Amelia. He had a great deal of love for her, so while he would never admit it, her presence was always a source of comfort for him.

The sun started to go down, and a few stars peeked through the still glowing stratosphere. "Care to lie down?" Daniel turned around and noticed that Amelia was lying down beside him, munching on a macaron. He lay down as well, "Sure." He felt her gently grab his hand, and suddenly all of his stress melted away. The sky was a magnificent canvas of purples and yellows, occasionally masked with wispy clouds, and he felt as if he could soar among them. He wasn't thinking about the rowdiness of the town plaza or the competitive and energetic nature of his animal neighbors, rather a quiet present in which he could indulge in his love of nature and, of course, his best friend.

As they laid there, listening to the soft sounds of flowing water from the river and gentle winds dancing with the trees and flowers, Daniel offered a sigh of relief, for all was well and peaceful once again.

finished my next drawing, a signature I made for myself to use for pride month! I really love how this turned out and I'm so happy to be able to show off a few of my anthro OCs :blush: 🏳️‍🌈
happy-pride.png

from left to right we have: Shy with the lesbian (wlw) flag, Arcy with the pan flag, Alia with the omni flag, Crocogator with the ace flag, Azulo with the gay (mlm) flag, and Maxwell with the bi flag!

I've set a pretty high standard for myself in terms of art-churn-out-rate so let's see how long it takes me to do the next one lol 😂

finished my next drawing, a signature I made for myself to use for pride month! I really love how this turned out and I'm so happy to be able to show off a few of my anthro OCs :blush: 🏳️‍🌈
happy-pride.png

from left to right we have: Shy with the lesbian (wlw) flag, Arcy with the pan flag, Alia with the omni flag, Crocogator with the ace flag, Azulo with the gay (mlm) flag, and Maxwell with the bi flag!

I've set a pretty high standard for myself in terms of art-churn-out-rate so let's see how long it takes me to do the next one lol 😂
Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh this makes me want to cry due to cuteness overload. 😭 I'd hug them all if I could! Such a fantastic drawing! You should definitely put it in your sig. 💙

Back