Blue Roses help plz!

Reaper3201430

Bells
So I'm trying to grow some Blue Roses for the first time myself, and I know you need Orange and Purple Roses, both home grown from Red and Yellow and White roses. I just got a Red rose from my Orange and Purple, is that a guarantee Hybrid Red? Or is it possible to just get regular Red roses too? I know there's no way to check if they are, right?

Also, when I do get a Hybrid Red, do I only need the one? Or are two required to breed a Blue Rose?

Hope this all makes sense! Thanks!

My best recommendation is to find a good guide and follow it to the letter. :) Things can get messed up very fast if you try to take a shortcut.

This is the one I used.. the BackwardsN method. I think this graphic is wrong in that the purple roses you want to test with yellow are the second ones, not the double white ones. At least that's what I did and ended up with blue roses.

816dsgrtfnt41.png

Good luck!

Wow! Thank you so much! I'm so glad I asked, lol. I would've been waiting a while here. Adjusting a few things now. Again, thanks a ton!

I'm assuming that you're using the old NL method of getting Blue Roses? If so, yeah, there's no guarantee that the Reds that are produced will be capable of producing Blue Roses (only half of the Red Roses produced are correct, and you only have a 50% chance of getting Red Roses at all; the rest will be White). It's not just about the color of the flowers; it's about the underlying genes. I'm not sure if there's a specific way to test, but if there is, it will require very specific breeding with other flowers and checking the resulting child flowers, and it's honestly not productive.

Because now that we've datamined flower genetics, we have much more foolproof ways of breeding Blue Roses. I'd recommend looking at these guide here for some basics on how flower genetics and breeding/cloning work. Here's another guide that is about Blue Roses specifically. Some ways are more involved and require testing flowers for certain genes; others are more relaxed but generally take longer. You can use the method that you're describing; you'll almost certainly get Blue Roses at some point just through luck; there's just easier ways of going about it.

Regardless of which method you use, you will need at least two of [x] flower in order to breed a Blue Rose. Once you get one Blue Rose, it can be cloned.

The orange + purple method is bad because only half of the red offspring are capable of producing blue roses and even with two good red roses they have only a 1/64 chance of producing a blue rose. If you already have purple roses, I'd suggest switching over to either the Aster gene pool or Paleh / Folklore methods. If you're decide to do either Paleh or Folklore, you can optimize it a little by cloning your orange rose and then breeding the two orange roses together for another orange, then clone that one and breed those together for another orange and keep doing that until you have your white hybrid or purple hybrid depending on which method you use. By continuously breeding and cloning orange roses, you have a good probability of having a better orange rose to breed with your white / purple hybrid which makes it easier to get the orange hybrids.

I used the method here. It took quite a while, but I did get a blue rose. I'm up to 6 now, so I'm switching to cloning them. I'm currently dismantling the stages that it took to set this up. If you read this and decide you want to use it, I could give you my stage 3 red roses or a bunch of my stage 4 red, orange, and black roses.

The orange + purple method is bad because only half of the red offspring are capable of producing blue roses and even with two good red roses they have only a 1/64 chance of producing a blue rose. If you already have purple roses, I'd suggest switching over to either the Aster gene pool or Paleh / Folklore methods. If you're decide to do either Paleh or Folklore, you can optimize it a little by cloning your orange rose and then breeding the two orange roses together for another orange, then clone that one and breed those together for another orange and keep doing that until you have your white hybrid or purple hybrid depending on which method you use. By continuously breeding and cloning orange roses, you have a good probability of having a better orange rose to breed with your white / purple hybrid which makes it easier to get the orange hybrids.
Though I don't disagree, the O+P method is the easiest to manage. It wasn't until I separated the blacks that spawned from the hybrid reds that I got my blue (came from two of the blacks spawned from the hybrid reds).

OP, just don't give up. As far as flowers are concerned, it was the greatest satisfaction for me when I got my first blue. After that, I stopped breeding, and started cloning. I've now got 40+, all because two black roses fell in love.

Oh wow, the more I read about hybrids on here the more complicated it gets. I have a bunch of orange and purple roses on my island and have been collecting the reds they produce but if only 50% have a 1/64 chance of making a blue I think I'll just trash the lot! I've had a few blue roses pop up so I'll just let them clone instead.

I think this will be your fastest option! Glad you already have 2!
As soon as I had 4, l gave 2 to someone on here, as well as the neighbouring flowers they came from, so they could have a go at growing their own. I seem to get a lot of rain so I haven't had to put too much effort in 😂

I'm pretty lucky at getting a friend to come water my blue flowers. Even just one other person watering them makes a huge difference.

Back