• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Birdwatching (Buzzy Bees Cabin)

In this poll, some people guessed that the stones in the layout could be a gryphon. Mick is the artist for the stones.
On his island journal, Mick uses a gryphon for his logo.

& that's as far as I got with that lead. idk. Maybe the stones in the header image could have something to do with this riddle?

edit:
& on Jeremy's "Welcome to Camp Bell Tree" thread, Kapp'n's shanty alludes to a gryphon in the mountains:

"Campers be wary.
Winged beasts dive from eyrie.
Serpents o' sea, search fer ye.
Wha' lurks in forest, even more scary!"

Last edited:
Finally found it guys, it was the only thread in the New Neighbor Network for Monique;

I felt so bad not being very vocal or thinking of any new ideas, but I couldn't get rid of the idea of Monique, since she's a cat and based on Marylin Monroe (Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend). So glad I decided to just search around regardless!

I am so happy I'm actually shaking 😭

Finally found it guys, it was the only thread in the New Neighbor Network for Monique;

I felt so bad not being very vocal or thinking of any new ideas, but I couldn't get rid of the idea of Monique, since she's a cat and based on Marylin Monroe (Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend). So glad I decided to just search around regardless!

I ducked up my quote whoops diamond cat was right I mean lol

This is amazing!! Thank you so much, airpeaches! 🥰
Such a relief we can start the weekend without overthinking this clue.

☆ I'm just going to make a quick post on the parts of the first riddle with their respective explanations. I just thought it would be fun to put all the pieces together after the fact! ☆

I certainly didn't figure out all the elements of this riddle before I found the bird in the thread, but it really was a team effort with figuring out potential options for all of the elements of this riddle. So shout out to every bee on the team that took part, particularly @Plume and @LadyDestani , but every bee worked so hard buzzing after different lines of thought to make this happen! 🥺

"Luxury sells the artist of a girl’s best friend + a man’s best friend. Luxury created the gryphon. The gryphon does not sell the artist of a girl’s best friend, which is the enemy of a man’s best friend."

Luxury ended up referring to Mercedes, a luxury car brand. Within the riddle, the first mention of luxury is referring to tbt user Mercedes, who has a cycling thread in the New Neighbor Network with Raymond as a villager tagged as being sold. The second mention of luxury is referring to the author Mercedes Lackey, who wrote The Black Gryphon.

The artist of a girl's best friend + a man's best friend ended up referring to the villager Raymond, who is said to resemble David Bowie. David Bowie wrote the song Diamond Dogs; "diamonds are a girl's best friend" and a dog is man's best friend. Again Mercedes, the TBT member as mentioned above, had a thread in NNN where she advertised selling Raymond (so, "Luxury sells the artist of a girl's best friend + a man's best friend").

The gryphon now refers back to Mercedes Lackey's The Black Gryphon. The first mention in the riddle is a direct reference to Mercedes being the author of the aforementioned novel. The second mention of the gryphon refers to the TBT user Skandranon. Skandranon is the name of the main character in The Black Gryphon. Skandranon the TBT user has a thread in the New Neighbor Network, a giveaway thread for the villager Monique, which leads me to the explanation of last elements of this riddle!

The artist of a girl's best friend refers to Marylin Monroe, who performed the song "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend" in her film Gentleman Prefer Blondes. In this context, the riddle is referring to the cat villager Monique, whose design is based off of Marylin Monroe.

This brings me to the explanation of
the enemy of a man’s best friend. Since man's best friend is a dog, the enemy of a dog is considered to be a cat. Monique, the villager who fits the artist of a girl's best friend element, is a cat villager.

So, the gryphon, does not sell the artist of a girl's best friend, who is an enemy of man's best friend. Skandranon had a giveaway thread in NNN for Monique, a cat villager, in which you can find the hidden bird! ☺

I hope this makes sense! If I messed anything up, please feel free to correct me. Shoutout to staff for being able to make a riddle that caused our team to pull their hair out and agonize for almost a week!! We love you guys regardless! 😂❤ This was a lot of fun, even though it was stressful~

☆ I'm just going to make a quick post on the parts of the first riddle with their respective explanations. I just thought it would be fun to put all the pieces together after the fact! ☆

I certainly didn't figure out all the elements of this riddle before I found the bird in the thread, but it really was a team effort with figuring out potential options for all of the elements of this riddle. So shout out to every bee on the team that took part, particularly @Plume and @LadyDestani , but every bee worked so hard buzzing after different lines of thought to make this happen! 🥺

"Luxury sells the artist of a girl’s best friend + a man’s best friend. Luxury created the gryphon. The gryphon does not sell the artist of a girl’s best friend, which is the enemy of a man’s best friend."

Luxury ended up referring to Mercedes, a luxury car brand. Within the riddle, the first mention of luxury is referring to tbt user Mercedes, who has a cycling thread in the New Neighbor Network with Raymond as a villager tagged as being sold. The second mention of luxury is referring to the author Mercedes Lackey, who wrote The Black Gryphon.

The artist of a girl's best friend + a man's best friend ended up referring to the villager Raymond, who is said to resemble David Bowie. David Bowie wrote the song Diamond Dogs; "diamonds are a girl's best friend" and a dog is man's best friend. Again Mercedes, the TBT member as mentioned above, had a thread in NNN where she advertised selling Raymond (so, "Luxury sells the artist of a girl's best friend + a man's best friend").

The gryphon now refers back to Mercedes Lackey's The Black Gryphon. The first mention in the riddle is a direct reference to Mercedes being the author of the aforementioned novel. The second mention of the gryphon refers to the TBT user Skandranon. Skandranon is the name of the main character in The Black Gryphon. Skandranon the TBT user has a thread in the New Neighbor Network, a giveaway thread for the villager Monique, which leads me to the explanation of last elements of this riddle!

The artist of a girl's best friend refers to Marylin Monroe, who performed the song "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend" in her film Gentleman Prefer Blondes. In this context, the riddle is referring to the cat villager Monique, whose design is based off of Marylin Monroe.

the enemy of a man’s best friend. Since man's best friend is a dog, the enemy of a dog is considered to be a cat. Monique, the villager who fits the artist of a girl's best friend element, is a cat villager.

So, the gryphon, does not sell the artist of a girl's best friend, who is an enemy of man's best friend. Skandranon had a giveaway thread in NNN for Monique, a cat villager, in which you can find the hidden bird! ☺

I hope this makes sense! If I messed anything up, please feel free to correct me. Shoutout to staff for being able to make a riddle that caused our team to pull their hair out and agonize for almost a week!! We love you guys regardless! 😂❤ This was a lot of fun, even though it was stressful~
I'm so happy you solved it!!😭 You are amazing!!🌟 Thank you, thank you. I was going 🦇batty🦇🤪 over this clue. I'm happy it's over!

You are amazing! Thank you so much for not only finding the last bird but explaining the clue.

Thank you to everyone who figure out the clues for our cabin! You're all incredible & I am in awe of you all!

bc1745e56564830e97f64075bfc50d98.gif

You are golden for solving the clue and posting the explanation! I can’t believe a lot of the loose ends we’ve had over the past few days has been tied up neatly, I didn’t think I’d see the day that would happen 😭 So a lot of our “bubbles” of thoughts actually contributed to the clue! That’s amazing!

Thank you to everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, who went out of their way to help out with clue-finding, whether you’ve stumbled upon a dead end, a loose end, or the golden clue. All efforts mattered a whole lot, because there is strength in numbers! Divide and conquer!

You guys are amazing 🥺❤️ hopefully though there’s no more brain-wracking clue-hunting in the forest area LOL

I take back everything I said about it probably not being music-related, ended up being a combo of all of our ideas! Thank you @airpeaches for finding the bird and making the Monique- Marilyn Monroe connection. Well done everyone for working together to get this event done.

This is, quite possibly, the biggest brain play I’ve seen so far in the entirety of Camp Bell Tree. Like, that riddle went from cars, to David Bowie, to a completely unrelated novel, to Marilyn Monroe in the span of three sentences. Absolutely nuts.

And here I thought I was just spinning my wheels and getting nowhere with my random thoughts. I'm glad I could help somebody put the pieces together! Great job, @airpeaches!

Amazing work (and many thanks!!) to those who helped and solved the riddles! I tried a few times…but ultimately got nowhere. 😅

Good job solving the clues everyone! I'm sorry I didn't help at all. I looked at the clues and had no idea and didn't have much time to think about it. These were super difficult clues and I am hugely impressed with everyone who managed to solve one!

Make sure to tell all of your cabinmates to come and claim their 15 mountain tokens (5 per bird). These all count towards the 1,000 tokens needed to unlock the Mountains stamp, Dinosaur plush reaction, and Picturesque Peak backdrop!

Back