• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Best buds from each game?

returnofsaturn

late-night meteorite
Bells
Saw a thread about our mortal enemies, on the flip side, who were your favs?
Who was your best bud in each game you've played?

Heres mine
ACGC: -
WW: Poncho
CL: -
NL: Fauna & Biskit
NH: Peck & Roswell

i definitely have a few, and eventually want to bring them all back together on my NH island.
(not including ACGC since i havent played and CF since i didnt play that one enough)

WW: Stitches (i had him since the beginning i love him)
NL: Bones (also since the beginning, i was upset when i didnt play for awhile and he moved). Bea (i got her rv card and i loved her)
NH: Snake (my adorable ninja rabbit) Vesta (i started to really like her and wanted her on my island immediately)

wild world - tangy. wild world was my first ac game, and tangy was the very first villager i met the first time i played. i’m not sure how long i kept my first save file for (i restarted a lot lol), but tangy is very special to me and will always be one of my best ac buds. my first villager. 🧡 i also really liked bones or biskit (i think it was bones) at one point.

new leaf - beau. i adored him from the first moment i saw him, even before new leaf came out in NA. i knew i wanted him before i even had my first town. i made so many dreamie lists in anticipation; and he was on every one. i still remember the day he randomly moved into my town, and how happy i was. i was so obsessed with him back then, ya’ll have no idea lol.

new horizons - still beau, tbh. he’s not my #1 fave anymore (that would be shino), but he’s still my best friend. he gives me so much nostalgia, and that lazy little deer felt like my only friend sometimes back then. he reminds me of harder, but also simpler times, and i still love him a lot.

WW - mitzi. i never played wild world much, we never reached best friend status but she was the villager i talked the most to. she tried to move from my town once and i was devastated but luckily i convinced her to stay.

NL- boone and marshal. i've had boone in my town for 3 years, marshal moved to my town around the same time but unfortunately ended up randomly moving 2 months ago.

NH- mitzi, tangy, and lolly. i can't choose a favorite out of these three, i love them all.

WW - Moe. He was always in my town, and I talked to him way more than any other villager. I was also close with Tangy and Mitzi. I remember loving Moe so much that I would keep resetting until I got him as one of my starters.

NL - Dobie. I love this boy so much. 🖤 He's given me at least 3 pictures of him. He moved away a few weeks ago, and I actually was in tears. I went out of my way to talk to him every day. I did the tasks that he asked for and sent him little presents. I love him. Another best friend was Marshal. He moved away as well while I was on hiatus over the summer. Not very great news to come back to. However, I see him from time to time on Main Street.

In ACGC it was Grizzly and Anicotti. They were both starters in my town and almost complete opposites in the way that they treated me. Grizzly was so gruff and rude, but that made me even more determined to make him my friend. I eventually wore him down with kindness. Anicotti was like my best friend from Day 1.

In New Leaf, I missed Grizzly and Anicotti so after a while I used Amiibos to move them in. I'd still call them both my best friends. But before they moved in, I think Mint and Hugh were my best friends. They were both starters in my first New Leaf town and they're still there to this day.

Last edited:
ACGC were Ace and Lucky
WW were Ribbot and Apollo
NL were Curt and Drake

NH is a little different. I like all of my current villagers but Mac is definitely my favorite.

WW: I started out on WW and have the most vivid memories of it. So many villagers left a deep impression on me... I think my best friends were Goldie, Lobo, Bob, Pinky, Coco, and Genji. (I miss having to earn crankies' trust over a span of weeks/months. Shoutout to Lobo and his house in the north, where my kid-self spent many a winter night). 🐺

CL: Even though I played this game, I got bored of it so quickly that I don't remember a single villager I had 😭

NL: Definitely wasn't as close to my villagers as I was in WW, but notable besties were Zell, Erik, and Bones. I remember on Valentine's Day, Zell was the only one who sent me anything. A REAL homie 😤 🦌

NH: Paula, Roald, Tammi, and Marina! Coincidentally, my oldest neighbors, lol. 🐙 I'm going to let Tammi move out but I'm probably going to keep the other three forever.

GCN- Pierce. With honorary mention to Monique, I really do like how it felt like we formed a genuine friendship, where she was living up to the snooty personality at first but started to become more friendly as time went on. Maybe this is a false memory but I remember her becoming nicer, same for Gonzo.

NL- O'Hare and Bella (until she moved away without telling me and broke my heart)

NH- ...Everyone?? I don't know I feel like all my permanent residents are pretty equal. Maybe Sheldon and Reneigh since they were my starters, but I don't feel like I gravitate to them more than anyone else.

Moe is my son ;w; I realized how cute he was when I saw he moved into my City Folk town, and he moved into the one spot I left open during the “build three houses” stage of New Horizons. After that, I knew this little guy was destined to be my favorite villager!

Lazy is my favorite personality type, and cats are my favorite animal! ^^

WW: Definitely Dotty, lol. I loved her so much.

NL: Melba! Melba will always hold a special place in my heart ;w; Her and Zucker are fighting for the NL Bestie status.

NH: Probably Marty! I loved him in NL, but he has much more personality in NH! I love him c: My little lazy boy!

GC: Hank and Emerald - I wish they'd come back, they were great friends but they moved...

WW: Can't remember, I didn't care for this game (due to the long loading screens more than anything else).

CL: Elvis and Axel, they were two of my beginning companions, I never could give them up.

NL: Walt! Again, a starter who stayed with me.

NH: Cherry, Sterling and Hamlet. I love all of my villagers in this game though, it's hard to pick.

NL: Chester and Anicotti, I adored them since they were my starting villagers in my town. I love lazy villagers and their carefree personality, which is what I love about Chester. Plus, he makes cute comments that make me giggle, and I've kept him in my town to this day. I adore Anicotti for her enthusiastic nature and charisma, and I was very sad when she moved out. Others I admire are Melba, Colton, Iggly, and Apple.

WW: Stitches, Filbert, and Chevre are my favorites. Stitches I love for his cuteness and charm, and I like Filbert since he's one of my favorite villagers and one of my starting villagers in my town. I adore Chevre for her sweetness and she quickly became my friend.

i've got limited recollection new leaf-wise - maybe merengue + genji (bday twin baybee)

new horizons-wise, the only villager i've got up to besto frendship status with is hornsby (wholly deserving)
methinkst on my first island i stanned hopkins (pre my discovery of hornsby)

I'm going to exclude my top 5 favorite villagers from this list (Mitzi, Rizzo, Rosie, Blaire, and Whitney), otherwise each game would be practically identical.

-GC: Maddie and Billy, both GC exclusive villagers until the Welcome Amiibo update for New Leaf.
-WW: Cyrano. One of my original move-ins on my first ever save file and is still in my town to this day.
-CF: Jay. By pure chance he's been a starting villager in nearly every single CF town I've had (I made a lot of them back in the day), and has also somehow been the first to leave in nearly every one of those towns. Why won't you ever stay?
-NL: Katt. She moved into my secondary NL town when I was a cycler for a villager giveaway. I took a break from cycling shortly after she moved in, and very quickly grew on me. I sent her to my main town, but she randomly moved out on me without ever telling me beforehand. Luckily I was able to randomly find her on a Miles island in NH to get her into that town!
-NH: Katt and Cherry. Cherry was one of my starting villagers, Katt was from the Miles island I mentioned above.

Ooh this is a super cute fun idea! I have loved so many villagers! Bunnie is my favorite villager ever but I am going by the ones I spent the most time with because Bunnie wasnt the FIRST bestie in some games! The long list is in order of how I played the games[no spinoffs]!

TLDR:
GCN: Emerald
WW: Stitches/Bunnie
CF: Champ/Bunnie
NL: Felicity/Bunnie
NH: Anicottie/Bunnie
New Leaf - Felicity was my first friend! I think she was a starter villager or moved in within the first few days/weeks! I LOVED her so much! I recently got her amiibo card and I SCREAMED to my parents about getting her card because I can finally get her back in ACNL! I moved her in ACNH as well! I have so many fond memories of her and even cried when she moved away and told my parents lol i made a big deal out of it but it was so cute and funny because I was like 4!

City Folk - Champ was a BESTIE! I remember not liking City Folk when I was little but overtime and I played it more loved it! Its such a special game to me especially since I never played Wild World at the time. Over my MANY hiatuses from City Folk he was one of the only villagers that never moved away! He will always be so special to me and normally I do not care too much about the villagers looks but I LOVE ALL THE MONKEY VILLAGERS!!!! (I ALSO HAD BUNNIE MOVE IN LATER WHICH I ALMOST DIED ABOUT)

New Horizons - Anicotti! I remember when she moved in and I was so happy to know there was a green mouse! I never knew all the AC characters at this time but I was delighted to find her and meet that she was A PEPPY!!!! I even got her card for one of my birthday amiibo packs and loved her so much! She never left my ACNH town but is moved in to my ACNL one now! I love her and she always inspires me to know that you can follow your dreams no matter what people say! So many call her ugly but I love every villager because they are all special 💚

Population Growing/ GCN - I never played this one too much! I had only kept consistent for two months then stopped. I hated the mean villagers but GCN is definitely super special in its own way!!! Sidenote, this game was so cool and different from the others so its such an experience! ANYWAYS MY BABY IN THIS GAME WAS A FROGGY, that looked like Jambette but I think the name was Emerald? Or something like that, she was nice and I remember that I called her Jambettes cousin! Both Jambette and Emerald are so good but I never had Jambette in any game but ACNL.

Wild World - I played this one even less, its probably because of my City Folk obsession!! I remember that my starters were Bunnie, Stitches, and I THINK Butch??? I know Goldie and Eloise were also in my town but one of those three were the 3rd starter! I loved all of them BUT BUNNIE WAS A STARTER WHICH MADE ME GO BONKERS!

GC: I did own this game, but the rotating world made me motion sick so I never got immersed enough to have a favorite. I think I had a penguin friend.

WW: Antonio (jock anteater), Dora (normal mouse), Peewee (cranky gorilla), and Tipper (snooty cow). No other villagers have quite hit this level for me.

CF: I am not good at playing AC outside of handheld mode. Also did not last long here.

NL: I swear I actually did have six favorites. Antonio (jock anteater), Vesta (normal sheep), Walt (cranky kangaroo), Deli (lazy monkey), Lolly (normal cat), and Benjamin (lazy dog). I was so attached to my town.

NH: I’ve never managed to bond with anyone the way I did in WW and NL, but I do have strong favorites. Aside from perpetual best bud Antonio, I’d say Bubbles (peppy hippo) and Huck (smug frog).

I love the idea behind this thread! I’ve only played Pocket Camp and New Horizons, so for those they were:

Pocket Camp - Goldie (the first villager I ever met!) and Patty
New Horizons - Agnes is No. 1 bestie, but 2nd is without a doubt Patty. I love them both, and they are both essential to my island! 💖🐷🐮

Back