Belkin Wireless Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyel

Bells
Anyone have experience with these ?
I have a Surf N300 wireless n router, hooking it up to my cable modem.

Have issues getting it set up.. just making sure if anyone here had one of these and knew how to fix.

Kyel said:

Have issues getting it set up.. just making sure if anyone here had one of these and knew how to fix.
Hmmm, Never heard of it, is it set up right?

OmegaMan said:
Kyel said:

Hmmm, Never heard of it, is it set up right?
D: I don't think I'd have this issue if it was...

Do yourself a favor and throw it out! We used to have one, and it was no good at all. Several other people I know also had trouble with theirs.

Get a Linksys.

Ugh wtf... why would the sell useless routers... it has to work somehow ....

http://www.corenetworkz.com/2009/07/setup-belkin-wireless-n-router-by.html

the router that we have more or less just has an ethernet cable running into it from the (main) internet cable box. if you have comcast or some cable-supplied internet, it should probably be setup that way.

if it's DSL, then you need to have to have some kind of a filter on all of the phone lines before you plug in the router, which will use a different cable/connection, though similar to the phone jack. just make sure the filter things are all set in the right places.

as you're online right now, i'm assuming you have a cable setup, but i dunno.

I have no clue, could try calling tech support if nothing else. :p

Never had a problem with my Belkin router personally... I assume you went to the router's setup page and either went through the wizard (if that specific model supports the wizard) or set it up manually?

Jas0n said:
Never had a problem with my Belkin router personally... I assume you went to the router's setup page and either went through the wizard (if that specific model supports the wizard) or set it up manually?
Well I did everything from loading the setup CD, following the setup, etc ... but it stops at 1 point and tells me to call.

@Psychonaut yep, I have the cable modem ;]

Kyel said:
Jas0n said:
Well I did everything from loading the setup CD, following the setup, etc ... but it stops at 1 point and tells me to call.

Try going to http://192.168.2.1 on the computer that's connected to the router, that should hopefully bring you to the router setup page.

Jas0n said:
Kyel said:
Jas0n said:

Try going to http://192.168.2.1 on the computer that's connected to the router, that should hopefully bring you to the router setup page.
I know, but when It try, it just said "Loading" for ages.. and then it will say
"The server at 192.168.2.1 is taking too long to respond."

Kyel said:
Jas0n said:
Kyel said:
Jas0n said:

I know, but when It try, it just said "Loading" for ages.. and then it will say
"The server at 192.168.2.1 is taking too long to respond."
Sounds to me like you have a faulty router

if your cable modem just goes straight to your computer, take that cable out of your comp and into the router, then another (separate) ethernet cable, and run that from the router to the computer.

I think?

also, i think an easy way to get to the router setup pages is http://routerlogin.net/ , but it could just be my router.

good lucky, should probably just call support about it and see what they can do to fix/replace the modem.

I agree with Psychonaut & Jas0n....the setup should've been easy. It sounds to me that the router is faulty! You should call tech support and see what they can do on their end and hopefully you can get a new one. I had a Belkin once but I currently have Linksys and haven't had a problem since. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back