• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! We'll announce the winners for our Master Ball raffle and distribute your hard-earned arcade tokens soon.

Beach Expansions

Lucas4080

#FFFFFF
Bells
Switch
1794-8766-0880
Green Moon Jellyfish
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Dino Plush
Camp Bell Tree 2021 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
New Horizons Token
Zipper Sakura
Tasty Cake
Orange (Fruit)
Does anyone else feel like the beaches in all the animal Crossing games could be better, or is that just me?
In New Leaf I've always hoped that the beaches was larger and that I could place tropical themed PWP's on the beach, I hope that they do have more importance to the beach in the Switch title, what about you guys though?

i keep thinking that a reef area would be really cool on the beach, even if it is just on the island. there'd be a place you wouldn't need a wet suit to swim in, maybe, or maybe you do need a wet suit, but there'd be coral and stuff and you could get sea creatures that way, but maybe even there could be like special villagers or an NPC that was just at the reef, that way more marine animals could be there. i just keep thinking about how beautiful that would be

Woah, that'd be really cool to see in the game! It'd surely give a better reason to visit the island more often rather than just to catch the rare and valuable bugs.

I would like it if you could finally build PWPs around the beach. Like beach tables, benches
etc. Or how about a little beach club? Maybe a cocktailbar, kinda like the Cafe, you can sit
there and buy a drink for your character. With a new NPC that owns it. That would be cool.

What be really nice is if the beach is not separated by cliffs from the town anymore like it is
now in New Leaf. I prefer it more when the town and beach were connected with each other
like it was in Wild World and City Folk, like you could run to the beach without walking down
a ramp first.

I would also love to the have the possibility to walk a little bit into the water till you get
"blocked" by a invisible wall. And then to go more into the water, you have to put on the
swinsuit. It would give you more a "beach feeling" in my opinion.

I really hope they do more with the beach, as I think that there lots of options you could
do with it.

In City Folk, fishing and catching bugs down by the beach was one of the most relaxing (and money making) things to do. The peaceful music and quiet really did something for me. Perhaps the beach could be revised, but I think sometimes less is more.

I wouldn't want the beach to take up too much space in the town as a coastal type town isn't a theme I'd probably want to go for, but some variation between towns could be cool, and as long as we could fit a couple projects down there I'd be fine with the size. I do agree that putting projects on the beach would be great, and I have a good feeling it'll be allowed this time around.

I really liked the beach in Wild World, without that cliff seperating the town.

Would be nice if there was a reef area added where you could swim to with the Diving Suit and then being allowed to fish there.

I also would like for the beaches to be a little bigger, at least big enough to put some PWPs on there. I also agree with Trundle that the beach is nice as just a place to enjoy the sound of the waves and that less can be more, but building PWPs there would of course always be completely optional.

I personally really like that the beaches are separated from the rest of the village via cliffs, but if I were to decide I would make the beach "tier" larger and give it a little bit of grass near the cliffs as well before it eventually fades into sand/the actual beach, so the difference between village and beach wouldn't be as jarring despite of the cliffs being there. Like it's just another tier to the town (in hopes that tiers return to the layout in general), just smaller.

My second hope/wish/idea, although it doesn't necessarily affect the beach itself, would be for there to be small sand bars / sand banks (not quite sure what the appropriate english word is here) that you could swim to, almost like a little island. Small, but big enough to fit a palm tree and a couple of tropical flowers on it to decorate.
Or maybe it could even be an actual small island (smaller than Tortimer Island, and just a couple "steps" away from your village's beach), big enough so a house for a new perhaps diving-related NPC could fit on there. You'd meet them in the village, they'd introduce you to swimsuits and give you your first one, and then invite you to visit them on the island sometime for diving tips.
But that's just an idea that randomly came to mind!

I just think it'd be really cool to make the ocean area a bit more interesting alongside with the beach.
When you think about it (and especially when you play around with the Save Editor and really look at the map) the ocean takes up quite a bit of space on your map. It'd be nice for it to have a bit more to it other than "just" the diving.

Last edited:
i reeaaally want larger beaches, beach customization, and maybe even a beach/seaside town! (ik they all have a beach, but i mean a little more beach-y themed. but not touristy like the island). i would love little beach pwps like sandcastles, beach towels/umbrellas, and all that.

The beach was kind of a let down but its never really been a big area to explore. hopefully in the next game

Reading all of these really make me hope for a better beach in AC Switch, I can really agree with Kiwi and their ideas of having a small little island for Diving Related Villagers, that would be Awesome. I also agree with Mitfy with the whole make it more beach-y and not touristy such as Tortimer Island. Mimituesday and Flare's idea of a Reef area you could go with a wet suit, gosh that would just be amazing, what if each town had a different type of reef with different coral? I feel like that like Poyonomatopoeia I'd want a larger beach/coastal area to explore but I also can agree with Smonikkims that the beach should also not take up too much room because I guess it could cause the town being unnecessarily big or having less town space to work with. I love recapping all the ideas and thoughts people have in threads, I don't know why. I just like seeing many people's points of views I guess. :)

I’m really digging the reef idea where you can swim to it. Like a tiny island off your own town without having to go to the main island, and each town has a different shaped one with a different native tropical fruit maybe? I agree less is more, but I really love the beach and feel like what’s there just isn’t enough. I don’t even find a reason to go down to it most days.

The original concept map for ACNL showed the bonfire PWP on the beach, and glitching the game lets you take Isabelle to the beach and her dialogue suggests it was once possible to put PWP's on the beach, so I wouldn't be surprised if we were allowed to place them there in this title. I do agree the beach is a little dull. In the previous titles it as alright, but in NL they added it on it's own tier and it felt baron and you couldn't really do much to fix it. The dock was a nice touch to it but that's about where it ended.

^Speaking of the map it would also be awesome to have that little island off the coast, I mean I know we have an island already but I mean one that you can access and build on that is still a part of your town only a few steps away and you can access it via swimming. Just a nice little touch, I think, and it'd be cool to have a single house there or some kind of PWP.

^Speaking of the map it would also be awesome to have that little island off the coast, I mean I know we have an island already but I mean one that you can access and build on that is still a part of your town only a few steps away and you can access it via swimming. Just a nice little touch, I think, and it'd be cool to have a single house there or some kind of PWP.

Ah, that's what I must have been thinking of when I mentioned the sand bank / small island idea. I remember that being on the original concept map and getting excited for it back then.

Something like that would be really cool to make the ocean/beach a bit more interesting. I mean, in NL they have finally given us the ability to swim, so it would be really cool if there were any small places like that that we could only reach via the swim/wetsuit. Though I guess there are already some maps in NL where a small section of the beach could only be reached via swimming. That's always cool too, but I'd like it to be a thing for all maps and for the sand bank/small island to be a little farther from the beach/village so you would only find it via exploring the ocean section of the map.

Last edited:
Actually maybe it could be kinda cool if there were maybe different numbers of small islands or none at all in some towns. I'm just a sucker for things being varied in different maps. xD

Actually maybe it could be kinda cool if there were maybe different numbers of small islands or none at all in some towns. I'm just a sucker for things being varied in different maps. xD

I agree, though I'd be really salty to end up with a map without an island... Okay, who are we kidding, I'd be resetting for that sort of stuff anyway, I always do. XD But it'd be another thing to worry over. ^^;;; But I agree, variety is super important!

Hehe I really hope we get the return of previewing maps before we choose! That way we can avoid that, haha. xD

Back