Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

I haven't unlocked 2nd floor museum upgrade or the coffe shop? for whatever reason I haven't gotten these requests from blabbers yet? i have donated over 50 items and at least three have been from each category. i started my town july 1 2014. is it possible that I haven't had this request get because my town is set in 2013 at the moment?

Did you donate deep sea creatures too? Also, try talking to him more.

thanks y'all! i think the problem was the date. i went back to 2014 and blathers requested the second floor :D

It's best and easiest honestly just to keep track of your cycling, but you should be able to tell if they were on main street visiting and stop appearing there.

Last edited:
Is the bell boom ordinance supposed to stack with Re-Tail's premium item list thingy? I was under the impression that it does, but Reese is only buying my perfect apples for 6,000 bells when it should be 7,200... I think she's buying everything else at bell boom price (non-native fruits for 600 - reg price 500 I think?)

Is the bell boom ordinance supposed to stack with Re-Tail's premium item list thingy? I was under the impression that it does, but Reese is only buying my perfect apples for 6,000 bells when it should be 7,200... I think she's buying everything else at bell boom price (non-native fruits for 600 - reg price 500 I think?)

Bell Boom doesn't affect premium items or turnips.

Should I keep lucky clovers in my house even though they don't count for the Trendy theme?

I wanted to ask if a villager can request to move on other villagers birthdays? I just had Paula move on the 27 and she sent me her pic on the 28th and since Marshal and Monique birthdays are today and tomorrow I wanted to make sure I didn't miss a move request. I haven't gotten a ping or talk about anyone wanting to move yet so I just want know if i should keep talking to see if it comes up.

I wanted to ask if a villager can request to move on other villagers birthdays? I just had Paula move on the 27 and she sent me her pic on the 28th and since Marshal and Monique birthdays are today and tomorrow I wanted to make sure I didn't miss a move request. I haven't gotten a ping or talk about anyone wanting to move yet so I just want know if i should keep talking to see if it comes up.

I'm pretty sure they should mention a rumour if you keep on talking to them.
If this fails, then you can change your 3DS clock setting to a year ahead, load up your game, create a New Save File, and then check your Town Map. If a house is gone, then someone is wanting to move. Exit without saving and change the year back, and go in front of the villager who wants to leave. They should ping. And this method will not affect any gameplay :)

I'm pretty sure they should mention a rumour if you keep on talking to them.
If this fails, then you can change your 3DS clock setting to a year ahead, load up your game, create a New Save File, and then check your Town Map. If a house is gone, then someone is wanting to move. Exit without saving and change the year back, and go in front of the villager who wants to leave. They should ping. And this method will not affect any gameplay :)
Thanks for the info! I will try this tomorrow if I still don't get any talks or moving or a ping about it.

Hi I have a question...

I have 10 villagers right now. One of then will be leaving on oct 3 and they will be in boxes at that time right? Can I adopt a new villager on oct 3 or on oct 4?

Oct. 4. On Oct. 3, they are in boxes and if someone adopts them, their empty house is still in your town, counting towards the 10 limit.

Marshal has set up his plot in my town today and I have used the reset trick to get his plot where I want it to be. I found out Gracie is visiting my town as well today for the 3rd time. After I complete the fashion check, I want to TT back to this morning to have her again so I can complete the 4th check and have Emporium build soon. I was wondering, will this have any effect on the fact that I've resetted Marshal's plot?

Marshal has set up his plot in my town today and I have used the reset trick to get his plot where I want it to be. I found out Gracie is visiting my town as well today for the 3rd time. After I complete the fashion check, I want to TT back to this morning to have her again so I can complete the 4th check and have Emporium build soon. I was wondering, will this have any effect on the fact that I've resetted Marshal's plot?
As long as you saved your game and loaded up your player character with Marshal's plot where you want it, his plot can no longer move. Time travelling will not change the location of his plot. I don't believe anything can change the location of his plot now.

As long as you saved your game and loaded up your player character with Marshal's plot where you want it, his plot can no longer move. Time travelling will not change the location of his plot. I don't believe anything can change the location of his plot now.

Okay, thank you so much! This has been helpful :)

I?ve got a few questions, first of all, can you have more than 1 windmill? Second, will the newest villager never ping you to move? And lastly, does Time Traveling for very long periods of time affects your friendship wiht your villagers?

You can only have one windmill.

As far as the newest villager is concerned, I feel it's like replacing wallpaper/carpet for villagers: People say it's possible and just really rare, but I've yet to see someone prove it.

I think it does? I've not been getting as many random letters from villagers since I did some big time travel leaps. If someone else knows better please correct me.

the newest villager will ping for other stuff once you talk to them etc, but if you mean moving, i heard it's possible but extremely rare. i haven't seen it though.

as for replacing wallpapers and carpets, i don't believe it! until i see it. annnnd i haven't. :<

in terms of time travel, i believe i heard that it only affects the rumor (that you're a time traveler) but i think that's it. i think the lack of letters may be you just not talking to them as much as you normally would if you're on time traveling missions/excursions? i don't travel so i'm not sure. i just know i receive more letters when i speak with them more.

Last edited:
Back