Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

This is probably the dumbest question ever, but I don't think I've seen the solution to it anywhere and I figure I better ask before it gets worse.

Merengue is one of my original villagers, and I love her house - but, being a complete newbie to Animal Crossing (and I've hardly had New Leaf for a month), I gave her a fish when she asked, and she replaced her chocolate fountain with it. No big deal, I thought, seeing as it's just one item. I stopped doing any fish/bug/furniture quests for her after that. But here's what happening: now she won't stop trying to get rid of all her furniture! It's driving me crazy because no one else is doing this. I love Kyle's house, too, and he hasn't gotten rid of one item yet (*knock on wood*), meanwhile Merengue has put two of her items in Re-Tail, placed a weird gas tank near the entrance(!?), and God knows what else since I've last been there.

Is there any way to stop a villager from doing this, or a trick to returning their home back to its original state (like buying the items she put in Re-Tail and mailing them back to her)? Or something else...? I just don't know what to do anymore. Please help.

When I got Lolly, she had a pretty bare house. I started sending her a wrapped piece of her original furniture with a letter once a day. By the time I was done, her house was completely returned to factory original. Over time, she has replaced a few things, but not too much really. She replaced a plant with a shirt and got rid of her jar of pickles. LOL.

When I got Lolly, she had a pretty bare house. I started sending her a wrapped piece of her original furniture with a letter once a day. By the time I was done, her house was completely returned to factory original. Over time, she has replaced a few things, but not too much really. She replaced a plant with a shirt and got rid of her jar of pickles. LOL.

Thanks so much! I was worried they would put the furniture in the wrong spot or something if you mailed it back. I heard they can return furniture attached to letters to you, though...? Is this true? And if so, can you just try again with no repercussions?

She put it all back in the exact original location. I've never had furniture returned. I mean, I guess over time she has said, "I want a new piece of furniture." I usually just ignore the request, though the game doesn't really intend them to keep their houses standard.

Oh, yeah, one other piece of "evidence." Marshal put his flat-screen TV up in Re-Tail. When he asked me to bring him any kind of furniture, I gave the flat-screen and it went right back into its proper place. It's still there, a few weeks later.

Awesome! I'm a complete newbie with this series and just didn't know what to do/was afraid there was no fix. Again, thanks a ton!

Awesome! I'm a complete newbie with this series and just didn't know what to do/was afraid there was no fix. Again, thanks a ton!

All Ras' advice was great -- I have to add though, be careful because merengue has Gracie stuff. I am holding her for a friend of mine and it's a real struggle to keep her house in shape (I don't *have* to, but I want to). Normally my experience has been that sending villagers their original furniture results in them putting it back where it was....but not Merengue. When she ditched her minimalist table, I picked it up in retail and mailed it back -- and she replaced her sweets table with it! Which she didn't put into Retail. ARGH. Luckily I had one leftover I could send her, and I've given up on the minimalist table.

All Ras' advice was great -- I have to add though, be careful because merengue has Gracie stuff. I am holding her for a friend of mine and it's a real struggle to keep her house in shape (I don't *have* to, but I want to). Normally my experience has been that sending villagers their original furniture results in them putting it back where it was....but not Merengue. When she ditched her minimalist table, I picked it up in retail and mailed it back -- and she replaced her sweets table with it! Which she didn't put into Retail. ARGH. Luckily I had one leftover I could send her, and I've given up on the minimalist table.

Oh, darn! She ditched her minimalist table for me, too, and I just picked it up from Re-Tail today. But I mailed her back her refrigerator first, so I haven't gotten around to the table. I'll hold off on it for now. Thanks so much for letting me know! She's really becoming a bit of a pain, haha.

Hello guys, I remember I saw somewhere a guide explaining wich PWP were "nature" (or something) and wich ones were... the other category lol, I'm in the process of re-doing my town and would love to know the categories of PWP since I haven't been able to reach Perfect Town :( anyways, I'm pretty sure I saw this guide but not sure where... any ideas?!

Hello guys, I remember I saw somewhere a guide explaining wich PWP were "nature" (or something) and wich ones were... the other category lol, I'm in the process of re-doing my town and would love to know the categories of PWP since I haven't been able to reach Perfect Town :( anyways, I'm pretty sure I saw this guide but not sure where... any ideas?!

This one has a list of which PWPs are abundant nature and abundant living. :)

If there's a plot down in your town (the plot making 9), can you invite another villager in (making 10)?

Oh, darn! She ditched her minimalist table for me, too, and I just picked it up from Re-Tail today. But I mailed her back her refrigerator first, so I haven't gotten around to the table. I'll hold off on it for now. Thanks so much for letting me know! She's really becoming a bit of a pain, haha.

She's driving me nuts. She had gotten a kiwi tank somewhere, and replaced her fridge with it. She asked for "something to replace the kiwi tank" so I sent her the fridge. She got rid of her record player instead >_<

Can the box of chocolates from valentines day be displayed in your house? If so, what does it look like? Thank you.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just found out. It looks like its default image when displayed. :/

Last edited:
She's driving me nuts. She had gotten a kiwi tank somewhere, and replaced her fridge with it. She asked for "something to replace the kiwi tank" so I sent her the fridge. She got rid of her record player instead >_<

Ouch, that's frustrating

Curious to know if you buy take out coffee on Valentines day, will it be hot chocolate or just normal coffee?

Back