• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Question!

When you obtain furniture from other people (as in, through wifi), will they appear in your catalog and can you order them from there (if they are re-orderable)? Even otherregion-DLC furniture?

Question!

When you obtain furniture from other people (as in, through wifi), will they appear in your catalog and can you order them from there (if they are re-orderable)? Even otherregion-DLC furniture?

Yep! Anything that you have 'held' will be in your catalogue. :)

Last edited:

When you streetpass someone, or let someone visit your town, or you visiting them, you may pick up a villager from that towns void pool. This only happens if a villager in their town has moved out very recently. If you invited someone form your campsite before a streetpass villager has placed their plot, your safe. A villager from each streetpass only has the chance to move in ONCE. You have to streetpass that user again to try to pick up someting from their void pool. If you have 10 villagers and one moves out, and you haven't streetpassed = No streetpass move in.
I think thats right.

ty :) So just to be clear if lets say I had 10 villagers and I streetpassed someone a week ago and someone recently moved out today. the street passed villager wont make a plot in my town tommorow?

Oh my... did I just completely screw myself over?

Im actualy starting to freak out right now, because I might have just permanently ruined the town Ive worked on for almost a year now : (

I had a bridge built over the waterfall that goes down to the ocean (Which is probably my favorite kind of bridge any town can have) and it was really useful and perfect. Now, I decided to tear it down so I could get different bridge suggestions from my villagers, and now that they finaly suggested the ones I want, I wanted to rebuild it... but its not letting me!

When I try to build it from one side, Isabelle says "the bell is too close" (A bell that is like 3x2 spaces away from it, 3 to the left and 2 behind)

OO
OO
....XXX---
....XXX---

(The Os are the Bell, the Xs are the space and the -s are where I want to build the bridge. Ignore the dots)

Now, on the other side, I have the exact same issue, except its a "building" (My Cafe)

.........OOOOO
.........OOOOO
---XXX
---XXX

But that makes ABSOLUTELY no sense! THere was a bridge there already, how come I cant build it again?

EDIT: Some quick scrolling around other topics made me realize that, indeed, bridges are weird like that and Im never getting that one back :(

Welp! Ill just have to work my way around this situation I guess, I might have already found a nice place too.

Last edited:
Oh my... did I just completely screw myself over?

Im actualy starting to freak out right now, because I might have just permanently ruined the town Ive worked on for almost a year now : (

I had a bridge built over the waterfall that goes down to the ocean (Which is probably my favorite kind of bridge any town can have) and it was really useful and perfect. Now, I decided to tear it down so I could get different bridge suggestions from my villagers, and now that they finaly suggested the ones I want, I wanted to rebuild it... but its not letting me!

When I try to build it from one side, Isabelle says "the bell is too close" (A bell that is like 3x2 spaces away from it, 3 to the left and 2 behind)

OO
OO
....XXX---
....XXX---

(The Os are the Bell, the Xs are the space and the -s are where I want to build the bridge. Ignore the dots)

Now, on the other side, I have the exact same issue, except its a "building" (My Cafe)

.........OOOOO
.........OOOOO
---XXX
---XXX

But that makes ABSOLUTELY no sense! THere was a bridge there already, how come I cant build it again?

EDIT: Some quick scrolling around other topics made me realize that, indeed, bridges are weird like that and Im never getting that one back :(

Welp! Ill just have to work my way around this situation I guess, I might have already found a nice place too.

Yes, bridges are pain. It's the cafe that's the problem, as the bell could be demolished. If you can't move the bridge at least two spaces down, you'll have to put it elsewhere. Good luck on this!

By the way, there's a super visual guide lurking around the New Leaf area of the forums, if you haven't found it already. c:

In your 3DS system, there's a statistics page. There should be some info in there some where that will tell you how much time you've spent playing each game. This'll let you know for sure how much time you've logged in ACNL.

I know about the statistics page, that's how I know that I've logged enough hours ^^;

For the most part, this will help. But the statistics page also takes into consideration the loading screen and load up, which the game and Phineas badge does not take into account. Of course, it won't be a very long time if you don't spend forever on the loading screen, but the time adds up, especially if you cycle.

Okay, this makes a lot of sense. It's honestly quite possible that at some point I left my system on while it was on the loading screen for a long time (I can think of one time when I was at work eaaaaarly in the morning on a Sunday, trying to buy turnips while nobody was looking...). I'll give it some more time then before I really start getting worried. I'm only a few hours past 200 at this point, so I probably just needed to account for the loading screens. ^^;

So I managed to convince Dianna to move to my town yesterday. Today, however, I find my town with Dianna nowhere to be found. Is this normal or should I try looking for her again?

So I managed to convince Dianna to move to my town yesterday. Today, however, I find my town with Dianna nowhere to be found. Is this normal or should I try looking for her again?

If you convinced her from the campsite, yes, this is normal. She will "go home to pack" then move in the following day or so. Otherwise, if you adopted her from another town, no.

If you convinced her from the campsite, yes, this is normal. She will "go home to pack" then move in the following day or so. Otherwise, if you adopted her from another town, no.
Yea, she's from the campsite so I guess there's no reason to panic. Thanks!

Can the log bench and tire toy pwp be seated on when approached from the back or only the front, just like other bench pwps?

Can you lose perfect fruit for good? I remember at the start of my game I got a perfect apple once but I haven't had one since. I'm thinking I may have accidentally chopped down the tree. :( If so, is there anyway to get perfect fruit back?

Can you lose perfect fruit for good? I remember at the start of my game I got a perfect apple once but I haven't had one since. I'm thinking I may have accidentally chopped down the tree. :( If so, is there anyway to get perfect fruit back?

I'm having the same problem. I don't think it's impossible, it's just that perfect fruit on regular trees are extremely rare. The only exception is that there will always be one when you start your town.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask.

What do you guys think is a fair price for Ankha and for Merengue, if I were to sell them? I'm planning on selling them eventually, but I'm not sure how much they go for, and I don't really have a concept of what's fair. I looked through the Villager Trading Plaza, but the prices seem to range from 1 mil to 30 mil so it isn't much help.

Last edited:
I'm having the same problem. I don't think it's impossible, it's just that perfect fruit on regular trees are extremely rare. The only exception is that there will always be one when you start your town.

Yeah, I wish I had kept it when I first got it but instead, I sold it because I assumed they would be more of them to follow. :(

I was wondering, in the world of cycling, what is "Autovoid"? And what does it mean to take somebody off/put somebody on autovoid?

I was wondering, in the world of cycling, what is "Autovoid"? And what does it mean to take somebody off/put somebody on autovoid?

Autovoid means they will just TT past when they are in boxes (sending them to the 'void'), and thus not offer that villager for adoption by anyone. It's usually done with unpopular villagers. If you ask for a villager to be taken off autovoid, it means you can adopt them. :)

It means the cycler won't even bother to offer the villager. They will just TT past their move date.

Back