• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

I've always had to restart after going through the four, because he shows the same four. Or am I just not observant enough?

I'm pretty sure that it's always the same four and you need to restart to get a different set.

If you go to someone's town and tell a villager that is in boxes to move to your town, what are the odds that they will or won't?
I bought a villager from someone and I told them to go to my town but I'm worried that they won't move.

Villagers you invite will always move in, unless you only have one spot and invite another villager (from someone's town or the campsite) after that. I think that the second villager to be invited gets priority over the previous one. I don't know if villagers from the void or StreetPass ever affect those chances, but I think that invited villagers get priority over them too. If you want to be extra safe, you can always switch off StreetPass temporarily. If you ever time travel, you can check whether that villager is really moving in by time travelling to the next day, when their plot appears.

I have some mushrooms lying around from a special tree stump since I'm collecting them, but it seems to cause mushrooms that usually show up in november to... not show up at all. I've only seen mushroom near the tree stump and nowhere else, so I can't collect the mushroom series. Is this true? Should I store my mushroom somewhere so I can collec mushrooms for the mush series?

Yeah, the game will only put down like five mushrooms, and if you already have them down, it won't put any others. I wonder if you left four down if it would automatically put down the furniture, but it'd probably be best just to move your permanent ones for now.

Is there a solution to Error 018-0512? I can open my gates but every time someone tries to visit me, they get that error. Recently my friend bought the game and I try to visit his town and also get the error. I've change the internet setting manually like advised, but it still hasn't been fixed. I don't know what else to do D: I don't want to demolish my town, because of it.

I have some mushrooms lying around from a special tree stump since I'm collecting them, but it seems to cause mushrooms that usually show up in november to... not show up at all. I've only seen mushroom near the tree stump and nowhere else, so I can't collect the mushroom series. Is this true? Should I store my mushroom somewhere so I can collec mushrooms for the mush series?

Completley random, but always next to trees.

Is there a solution to Error 018-0512? I can open my gates but every time someone tries to visit me, they get that error. Recently my friend bought the game and I try to visit his town and also get the error. I've change the internet setting manually like advised, but it still hasn't been fixed. I don't know what else to do D: I don't want to demolish my town, because of it.

Have you updated your game? You can do that from the main menu, the one where you get to choose to load as an existing character or create a new one, by choosing the update option. Make sure your friends also have an updated game.

I've had a similar problem, even when my game is updated, and I've also tried out Nintendo's instructions. Keeping my game updated helps slightly but it doesn't completely fix the issue.

You don't have to restart your town and I doubt that does anything. The issue, from what I've researched before because it affects me too, seems to be more related to the Internet setting of both parties or something like that than your town.

If I pass one of gracies fashion checks with an alternate character, do I have to pass the other three with the same character in order to get the final nook shop expansion?

If I pass one of gracies fashion checks with an alternate character, do I have to pass the other three with the same character in order to get the final nook shop expansion?

Nope, you can pass it with different characters.

Completley random, but always next to trees.

uh???? thats not what they were asking.

i had a couple mushrooms down and for a few days, didnt get new ones or the mush furniture next to trees. so YES. put all your mushrooms inside or in storage/the museum until december.

What are the chances of picking up a villager from someone's void, and how long do they take to plot? Is it even guaranteed?

I've been visited by someone who had a voided villager. I like the voided villager, though I was considering adopting another villager instead. If I get the voided one, I'd like to be able to plot reset. I'm thinking about time travelling to the next day with a new character, checking for a plot, and adopting the other villager if there's none and keep resetting if there is. Would that work like I think it would?

What are the chances of picking up a villager from someone's void, and how long do they take to plot? Is it even guaranteed?

I've been visited by someone who had a voided villager. I like the voided villager, though I was considering adopting another villager instead. If I get the voided one, I'd like to be able to plot reset. I'm thinking about time travelling to the next day with a new character, checking for a plot, and adopting the other villager if there's none and keep resetting if there is. Would that work like I think it would?

I let somebody adopt my tenth villager once, and the next day, I decided to camper reset since I would be having an opening. Their voided villager's plot was down, so it was fortunate I was camper resetting, because it turned into plot resetting. It was the very next day. Your method should work. If the plot isn't down, you're *maybe* not ever getting the voided character, but you better save and then go about adopting your villager.

There is some likelihood that you can pick up the villager. It really depends on whether they clear their void/make a bunch of stops elsewhere. The person with a voided villager can have it voided for like 4 weeks and then have that show up elsewhere (this happened to someone once), and there's really no guarantee as to what can happen. That's why everyone hates it.

Have you updated your game? You can do that from the main menu, the one where you get to choose to load as an existing character or create a new one, by choosing the update option. Make sure your friends also have an updated game.

I've had a similar problem, even when my game is updated, and I've also tried out Nintendo's instructions. Keeping my game updated helps slightly but it doesn't completely fix the issue.

You don't have to restart your town and I doubt that does anything. The issue, from what I've researched before because it affects me too, seems to be more related to the Internet setting of both parties or something like that than your town.

Yeah. We both have the game updated. And I tried with a different internet too. That only solved the problem of me visiting his town, but he still can't visit mine. So it's an internet problem then? Thank you for helping me :D

I have someone in boxes but the other end doesn't have space in her town. Is is possible to prolong the villager's departure? If so, how? Thanks

I have someone in boxes but the other end doesn't have space in her town. Is is possible to prolong the villager's departure? If so, how? Thanks

A villager in boxes is certain to move the next day (or if you TT a day backwards).
The best option is to stay on the same day. You can do this by adjusting the time with Isabelle to 7 AM (anything after 6 AM is fine, but I prefer a buffer for mistakes XD) in the morning of the day the villager is in boxes.
You can repeat this process as often as you want so you can keep a villager in boxes indefinitely.

Hope this makes sense! ^^'

Back