Approaching the One Year Anniversary, what will you think if there aren't any big updates coming?

Well, at least we know that there's an update on March 18th. It's actually a good time since it's just a few days away from the game's anniversary.

Aside from Sanrio villagers, it should unlock Bunny Day 2021 too, and hopefully add April Fool's.

it’ll be extremely upsetting and disappointing if they don’t have any major plans or updates for the one year anniversary. nonetheless, ill have to assume that there probably won’t be. all of the updates so far haven’t been appealing or intriguing at all, kind of one-note. there’s never anything major or special, and i most definitely agree, seeing important NPC’s only showing up every once in a while rather than being permanent really sucks. NH is missing a giant handful of NPC’s that have yet to return as we await their coming. as you said, our beloved brewster and the roost still haven’t made it to the game. the summer update didn’t even include friendly ol’ kapp’n, or our animal crossing grandpa, tortimer! phineas isn’t even here either, as badges are essentially useless now that nook miles are a thing, nor can he become the balloon man, as everything is already sold at nook’s cranny. the new relatives of chip, nat, and joan are wonderful, but i can’t help but miss our old timey og’s. not to mention digby and resetti play no role in the game. our dear postman pete, along with our post office clerks pelly and phyllis, were replaced by a single letter stand that catches dust in the airport. we don’t even know how our letters arrive in our mailbox. where are our beloved policemen, booker and copper? who’s protecting our island? why doesn’t kicks have a shop to sell shoes, socks, bags, and more? why doesn’t label open her own shop with her brand? why doesn’t leif open a shop to sell flowers, saplings, and starts? honourable mentions: katrina, shrunk, harriet, blanca, gracie grace, wendell, katie, lyle, lottie, and kapp’n’s family. let’s also not forget about don resetti.

Not really. Keeping a Nook's upgrade from us purely on the basis of allowing us to see the exterior for the year is a bit of a stretch, but honestly knowing how slow these updates are I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. And if you're talking about the seasonal stuff they sell, well, why wouldn't an upgraded Nook store do that?

In ALL previous AC games we'd be on the 3rd/4th or even final Nook's upgrade by now.
NH has really stretched this out with the drip feeding and having a small Nook shop that sells the furniture which I've seen all of since August just makes it boring. A Nook's upgrade is so overdue for most of us.

Of course an upgrade nooks would sell seasons items...my point is not about the functionality but about keeping something fresh.

There has been a "fairly" consistent reason to go to nooks for most of the year, not daily but every week or so. Once you get into year two with most players having got the seasonal/event items that's when Nooks really needs something new.

I do wish like past games we could've upgrade more buildings by now, but I looking at their thinking and going yeah I can see why it may be smart to really spread out some building upgrades and features behind updates.

I love this game and really enjoy the updates. While I miss Brewster, Gracie, Capp'n et all. I'm also excited by what's to come. The slower strategy will honestly keep me paying for longer and give a lot communities things to engage with.

Last edited:
I think they really need to add a few things to do for players who have "completed" their island. I get that some completionists can find things to do for years, but most players who started in spring or summer don't have a huge reason to log in everyday.

Back