• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Anyone want 20 villagers?

I personally think 20 is too much, but expanding to 12 would be nice (max 15-16). There are other villagers I want and it's been a bit tough to pick and choose with just 10. I wish they'd allow the option to let villagers take up some of the multiplayer slots, because I'm playing solo and have no need for those extra spaces.

I think 20 would be a lot, but I do agree that we need more villager slots. I'd be happy with 12! I have so much room on my island to accommodate the plots.

12 would be really nice, the island could certainly benefit from feeling more lively. 20 would be way too much unless they significantly expanded the island size, which i seriously doubt they would ever do.

I don't think I would want 20; I would feel obligated to fill those slots and think it would look too messy on the island. I would absolutely love 12 though like many other people on this thread!

I'd love to have 12! That's I think the nicest number, not too few, not so many that you'd be overwhelmed!

I would be fine with 12. Maybe even 15 but 20 is too much. The map this time around is much bigger that new leaf and could definitely fit the houses. Almost feels like the original GameCube game.

I would love 12 villagers because I want to have Marshal, Raymond, Beau and Bob while having the same amount of female and male villagers and not miss any personality type.

Why stop at 20, what about 50??

Also had this weird notion pop into my head, it'd be cool to have a tourist boat pop on by with 50 (jk, 2-5 "tourists" villagers to sight see the island) once a week. It'd be a combination of the campsite and mystery island; where you could invite 1 of them on your island if you'd like. It make more sense on the island rating system than just having the Islanders provide the feedback anonymously? Kapp'n could even come back.
Welcome to how my brain works randomly.

Since its just me on my island, I would love more villagers. It would be neat if we had an island expansion too. I really enjoy designing my island. It would be cool if we could invite more villagers in place of extra player characters.

I don't really have any number in mind in particular, but I definitely would've been in favor of an increase. I have multiple New Leaf towns and now a New Horizons island, and yet there are still some villagers who I would like to have as residents that haven't been able to fit anywhere because of the 10 villager limit.

I'd be fine with 12 or 15 maximum. 20 would be a little too much. I couldn't even name 20 that I really, really like to have in my island.

Personally 10 is enough. I don't want a bunch of repeat personalities. They have the same dialogue so what's the point?

I think I'd cap at either 12 or 15 (and have it be optional after 10 villagers). I wouldn't mind having a few more villagers, but I would need more personalities to help balance everything else. I also would rather have more personality types if it were upped to anything above 12 so there's not too many repeats.

20 would be nice if the map was big enough. I really liked the 15 limit in GameCube! 10 is a little underwhelming for me.

I'm happy with 10! I feel like I'd forget to talk to a lot of villagers if there were more than that.

No, I'm happy with 10. A small increase 12 villagers would be OK as well, but any more than that and it's definitely too much.

I'm happy with 10... at most I'd want like, 15. I think 20 would really only make sense if there were 10 personality types-- then you could have two of each type (which would cover the newly discovered subtypes.) But I do think it would be too many to manage-- I like feeling like I'm friends with my villagers, and I don't think I'd be able to keep up with 20.

I'd be ok with it being increased to 15 instead of 20, I'd feel like I wouldn't have enough space to decorate as I please with 20. If the island was bigger, even by just a little, then I'd be on board.

Overall though, I'm content with 10.

Back