• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Mafia Among Us Mafia Game Thread (Town Win!)

More than one person has already been throwing around my name lightly today for being a deep wolf lmao.

Me!

Fr tho - while some people are strong town players (frosty!), I feel like it's important to always keep mind/eyes open.

Maf doesn't win by playing a crappier game than town. They have to be better, so they make fewer mistakes.

Then town chops the mistake makers, one by one. Then end of game it's - but you were so town! 🙄

I just like to try to see the possibles, keep them in mind. Vote on the probable, don't forget the possible.

IMO it was pretty bad. What makes you think it's pretty good? Doesn't change my opinion about TN4U regardless
I meant good as in - a lot of content. I think i explained in a previous post. It has a lot of content, but there are echoes of other reads, and it's very different from d1.

The good - better to have it over nothing. Something to look back to, lots of content.
The bad - v diff from d1, like is it coming from other mind (s), copies other reads, some really odd things.

Betsy I need to talk to you about your reads list. Who in the your reads list is wolfy to you? Am I wolfier than Trundle Ness and TN4U? Is Frosty wolfier than Ness and me? I don’t understand your deepwolf placements

finally the promised unravel iso \o/
I hate to say while a few players are overspeculating things

TN4U is very obvious strong town as newbie read atm. Guy initiated convo and overanalyzing stuff which is not bad tbh theyre getting there and expect this might change as we observe in how many in game Nights/Days because I believe sometimes a very obvious townread day one can be oblivious to us

Frosty and Jacob are townread as well. I dont see anything odd pattern or switching sides atm. Her post is consistent.

Zinna is on a greyline and I believe theyre more on "meta" gaming which ofc most of us including be dont believe those kind of stuff
this is a very "what everyone was already thinking" post
The fact I'm struggling with different timezones with you guys I totally understand yall ain't impress with my post recently like I get it that it's really weak.

The fact that the mog train is weird at first but I really do remember now how she plays in different roles which is totally understandable. Shes very hard to read but I don't mind voting her aside zinna

Imma add Trundle/Dolby as townread for me, I dont see either of them teamming up as mafia. Radical is more on null if I were to vote out from my previous list and my current I'm voting out Zinna and her post inconsistency.

Betsy is on null for me idk how they play and shes a replacement so its too sudden imo.
>later she says someone else is inconsistent for changing trundle reads
Need more input on this if that's fine with you.

True and false, It depends on how they play the game but usually, I would rather not vote for the inactive players and wait for them to be replaced or get booted.

I'm more concerned ribbit atm like who just recently gave a hint too early I'm not too sure if that really values or I screwed up really quick. as a seasonal player and if I were his position I would not throw off my life away for this. like never ever tell your role to anyone this is kinda anti-town if you ask me

😖❓

Obvious statement.
Post automatically merged:

@Dolby just saw ur post mb
this is still the worst post from her to me. why would you blatantly point out a soft? moreover it was for a role that didn't exist in the game. this at least shows carelessness that i don't vibe with.
I have a very different take from you on Trundle if Mog is town. Granted this take is biased be that I townread him already, but I think that the more likely world if Mog is town is that mafia bandwagoned in Trundles inaccurate read, rather than Trundle starting it as mafia. Despite starting it, Trundle didn’t really put that much work into pushing that read and it took off.

Tbh I think Volt is town but I can dig through her ISO starting in like half an hour bc Im doing stuff rn

Unravel, ribbit isn’t sifting vig, there isn’t a vig
dolby consistently chides unravel after something like this. not sure what to make of that but it sure is funny.
I rather eliminate someone in day 1 than no elim day 1 because its anti-town and we might have no leads on day 2 if we vote on no elim
omg
i don't want to revisit this but legit no reason for it being anti-town like i am supposed to believe that it's just a given
as I said its a hit or miss scenario as long as the cop didn't roleclaim its totally fine and its too early to say those
again this is if we assume cop is firing at random. idk why this is so difficult to swallow
But why ribbit??? 🥹
random mention implying i am maf in her eyes with no reason. but jacob was being vague to be fair.
Before Im going back to work
As much as I wanna still continue TR trundle I just don't feel confortable his EoD post. Its like he's trying to save from being eliminated.

Btw I'm the first persln voted Zinnia and it just so happens people hop on the train the only reason why I voted for her was her vague actions/responses and I didn't push any of you guys to vote for her as well. Its just too random. If I were on mafia's spot i would rather spread out because by next day. As a town they will now investigate people who vote zinnia out

***he's trying to save someone from being eliminated.

***he's trying to save someone from being eliminated.

So i somewhat believe that no mafia voted Zinnia
hmm
okay
Sadly part of me really thinks mafia wont vote for Zinnia because its an obvious downfall for them. Theyre trying to lowkey atm
She had a convo with trundle about me for a while but the only point she made out is timezone differences thats that
ok
Currently having poop brain rn im dropping this and will continue my suspicions on ribbit, trundle and tn4u
For me in my opinion I'm not feeling Trundle's post but I guess for some people it's just trundle being trundle playstyle
His only post is just guessing the alignment of inactive/newbie players nothing more or less aside from that while people are suspecting Zinnia due to inconsistencies in her post which some of us thought she is werewolf

RibbitRibbon
^ if only you would say same thing as unravel and zinnia scenario

as long as cop isn't obvious its fine at the moment people with special roles can go eenie meenie mo because of framer atm

The fact TN4U switch sides and felt scripted, from kept agreeing with trundle to oh no trundle is WW
Trundle's most strongest townread but very inconsistent

and your switch didnt feel scripted? lmaooooo
This, plus they didn't cast a kill during the night as well. from what I'm seeing they're playing safe that's all
cast a kill?????|???

????????

very mixed feelings about this

Betsy I need to talk to you about your reads list. Who in the your reads list is wolfy to you? Am I wolfier than Trundle Ness and TN4U? Is Frosty wolfier than Ness and me? I don’t understand your deepwolf placements

No, you and frosty are "outliers". Placement in the list is - there is no place.

Town
Wolf
Outliers (seem town, but you never know)

@ribbitribbon Thank you for your service on the ISO. I've concluded that I was wrong about Betsy "pushing" wagons but moreso just not really doing much to stop any of them? They said in #554 they were certain about their susses (which I would assume meant TN4U/Ribbit/Zinnia) but they weren't suggesting any other options. Uncertainty about a wagon is one thing, but its not suggesting something else that's bothering me so much. The passivity in that, not trying to focus on anyone specific and kinda letting things happen. I guess when it comes to day 1, I think it's a lot more townish to commit to a wagon if you think it's important; even if I think she's about to go ballistic and say that's not what happened, she it feels like she just kind of allowed things to go the way they did and jumped on Trundle last second to not be on any of the big wagons. Is this fair at all??

There's a part of me that feels like I'm doubling down on this for the sake of it at this point so I'm willing to talk shop about other people 🤷

I think the prospect of a cop checking Frosty is low but to the meat of it, I don’t think it’s wolfy for Radical to call out someone putting themself as a potential wolf on principle. Frostys reaction is super over the top

Anyway I intent to, when I get home, make a post with commentary on every ribbit ISO, featuring only the ISOs he has made
Today

Back to work I go

i had townread frosty mostly up til that post, i mean i still kinda did even after i noticed it but her aggressive response to me feels odd (i at least feel like its more aggressive than shes been so far). i dont understand how its a trap lol, because town wouldnt call out an obvious townread person for that and givr them the benefit of the doubt...?

idk if its maf panic, or she had already suspected me so if shes town its annoying i pointed that out because shes obv town.

@Trundle do u think her replies are like more aggressive than usual? idk i really want to tr her because i didnt really have many hard townleans besides ness. its her replies that are weirder to me now.

No, you and frosty are "outliers". Placement in the list is - there is no place.

Town
Wolf
Outliers (seem town, but you never know)
If you had to place the outliers in your town list, who would me and frosty each go between

@ribbitribbon Thank you for your service on the ISO. I've concluded that I was wrong about Betsy "pushing" wagons but moreso just not really doing much to stop any of them? They said in #554 they were certain about their susses (which I would assume meant TN4U/Ribbit/Zinnia) but they weren't suggesting any other options. Uncertainty about a wagon is one thing, but its not suggesting something else that's bothering me so much. The passivity in that, not trying to focus on anyone specific and kinda letting things happen. I guess when it comes to day 1, I think it's a lot more townish to commit to a wagon if you think it's important; even if I think she's about to go ballistic and say that's not what happened, she it feels like she just kind of allowed things to go the way they did and jumped on Trundle last second to not be on any of the big wagons. Is this fair at all??

There's a part of me that feels like I'm doubling down on this for the sake of it at this point so I'm willing to talk shop about other people 🤷
The take on Betsy is she withdrew from responsibility to choose which plausible option she preferred at EoD

If you had to place the outliers in your town list, who would me and frosty each go between

That's tough. Because -

If town, you go at the top of town
If wolf, you go at the bottom of wolf.

As far as voting - there are 4 maf. You and frosty (if somehow it's bizarro world and both wolfy - i dont think it would be both, lol) are still only 2. And you're still strong players. I would look for and vote off other possibilities first.

The only time it really comes into play (and is why it is worth mentioning) is endgame. If it's f3, and you and/or frosty are there, well, it's time to start really looking into the outliers. To read the game with a different pov.

When "strong town" (wolf in disguise) are cemented town, they can coast to a wolfy win and nobody really looks into it too hard.

H U H ? ! ? What does a maf!ness have to do with this? You're literally describing what a doctor's role + options are? Are you saying of Ness didn't speak all game the doctor wouldn't heal anyone or?????? You are aware the doc just blindly targets someone they think mafia will shoot? They can't say, 'I think Ness is maf so I want to heal whoever Ness targets'

I'm sorry Shiny but you're just making up stories, you have this whole narrative about Ness seperating townies and maf but your only reasoning is that 'it's the way you questioned people'. I'm failing to see the connections behind what you're saying.

You think Trundle is mafia but he's your top town lean?

WTF??????????? Like what does this mean????????? I'm mafia throwing the game okay. If I didn't want to be mafia why wouldn't I just walk in, say I'm maf, vote me right now, and point out each of my teammates??????

Look, I'm gonna town read Shiny now and give up on trying to interpret where these ideas are coming from. This is a logic game not a creative writing seminar.

Hi Mog. I've barely talked to you? Who do you think is Maf? Who do you think is town?
i dont think you need to question her this hard. i think she is just inexperienced with how the game works

policy kill AFK.
🔥🔥🔥🔥

So i keep seeing this - what is a vanity wagon?

You are correct about me and the no elim. I don't like it.

I was debating who to vote for, couldn't make up my mind, eod pushes were going on, and then trundles posts were so sus imo. So I went with trundle.

I didn't expect anyone to turn to trundle. Everyone has to vote who they think it is, on their own. People see different things. I just voted who i thought was sus eod.
so the thing abt this mindset of "ill just kill who i personally think is sus" is a bit egoistical but it does nothing but to clear yourself from the mess. that why i say it looks worse if it was v/v/v. from what i see in your POV, if truly hated all these wagons and was sure all of them were town and there is no time to get people to change, no elim is better than sitting on a wagon that does virtually nothing

im kinda confused why nobody is calling lily out. like obviously they're a noob but this is clearly anti-town behaviour

I've leaned Dolby town most of the game. The only thing that strikes me as a red flag is how much his views align with mine. But that does happen in a lot of our games together.

Ness stans me so he votes unravel. He's my #1 follower. My ride or die.
what has dolby said abt unravel? do u think hes saying what u want to hear?

dolby i guess
AH BUG JUMPSCARE

in annika’s defense i think they’re posting a lot more throughout the day as opposed to just at eod like last game o7
i mean hows that a defense when she is different from her town meta lmao

none of the truly afk coasters give me any maf vibes. sorry trundle

also annika i love ur new pfp it’s so cute
i dont think there any vibes to get from that little amount of posts. alas there is less afkers than i thought there was but they still will be a d5 nightmare like we will be milking a rock

is there any consequences to jump like 5 pages sighs

Because checking a universally town read player is a good slot to check and a valid move for cop to make
is it though
theres a framer and a godfather

im ngl i skimmed the last pages ill save ribbit ISOs for later tho

thoughts? annika still looks townie **** it. betsy stop tunneling ness because i have no idea anymore whats on your mind anymore beside you wanting his head. lily is best person ever i dont want her to die ever. dolby i dont even know what his deal anymore. frosty is bit too self aware all the time and it makes me uncomfortable but her posting is still solid. did unravel say something? no, right. lets just kill unravel man

that is a fair point, trundle bw wasn't helping anything. don't remember if there was a vote prior to this

is it though
theres a framer and a godfather

im ngl i skimmed the last pages ill save ribbit ISOs for later tho

thoughts? annika still looks townie **** it. betsy stop tunneling ness because i have no idea anymore whats on your mind anymore beside you wanting his head. lily is best person ever i dont want her to die ever. dolby i dont even know what his deal anymore. frosty is bit too self aware all the time and it makes me uncomfortable but her posting is still solid. did unravel say something? no, right. lets just kill unravel man
omg

finally someone agrees

this is about the framer godfather btw

Last edited:
Back