• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Mafia Among Us Mafia Game Thread (Day Five) (EoD 5/23 6pm EST)

The cop can be a hit or miss scenario, sure the Godfather would be a pain because it can be read as town for cop's finding but with backending and proof I don't see why not also cop can read goons so that really shouldn't be an issue

I have a small window of time here before i pass out for the night.

I like this post. Might just be me, but leans lily more towards town imo.

No one mentioned it? Pfft...I mentioned it. I said it's a good combo to have.

There's a lot of potential in the cop/watcher combo: could catch framing, etc.

Same. I see individual wolfiness, but i try to put together 4 or even 3 and i get stuck.

I'll probably leave some, too. I'm a popular n1 kill, so I leave it all on the table, eh?
Betsy I'm gonna repeat a question I asked you earlier in the day.

Who are teh wolves?

The cop can be a hit or miss scenario, sure the Godfather would be a pain because it can be read as town for cop's finding but with backending and proof I don't see why not also cop can read goons so that really shouldn't be an issue
cop can also read a framer frame or be roleblocked

Best thing about d1 elim - you see who votes for whom.

It's easy for maf to sus each other, but then when it comes to voting, it can put more pressure and mistakes can be made.

With more maf (4!) - there'll likely be bussing, but sometimes you can still get clues from voting order.

why is it anti town

aren’t night actions leads enough

i feel like im losing my mind
Every elimination town has is a chance to kill imposters. In a 17 player game (assuming no doc saves, which, yes I am just going to assume that for simplicity), a no elim on day one is a lost chance to kill mafia, reducing, in a game that goes to f3, the number of possible chances to kill mafia from 7 to 6. We need to kill mafia with 4 of those. We do it two more times, goes down to five. Then mafia just needs to fool us twice, but going from 7 to 6 is still a big hit when you're basically just asking the investigative PRs to out tomorrow

Best thing about d1 elim - you see who votes for whom.

It's easy for maf to sus each other, but then when it comes to voting, it can put more pressure and mistakes can be made.

With more maf (4!) - there'll likely be bussing, but sometimes you can still get clues from voting order.
Every elimination town has is a chance to kill imposters. In a 17 player game (assuming no doc saves, which, yes I am just going to assume that for simplicity), a no elim on day one is a lost chance to kill mafia, reducing, in a game that goes to f3, the number of possible chances to kill mafia from 7 to 6. We need to kill mafia with 4 of those. We do it two more times, goes down to five. Then mafia just needs to fool us twice, but going from 7 to 6 is still a big hit when you're basically just asking the investigative PRs to out tomorrow
okay

i’m too tired to fight + i see your logic. i’ll unvote and think about it tomorrow

no im not going to throw away day 2 and no elim -__-

day 1 we have no reports. day 2 we do.
By reports are you includinf role flips than? Because...if we no elim the only flip we get is the one mafia gives us (and that's a guaranteed town). Watcher can watch the wrong person, cop can do the same, one of them might get killed so IDK why you're saying it like it's a guarantee. Sorry this is a me thing but I hate bringing up PRs unless it's the PR wanting to tell us something. Otherwise it feels like fishing imo.

Yeah and we have different opinions on the inactive thing, and I wouldn't be opposed to a vote there. The only saving grace is that Yoshi is townread mainly by slots that I have good feelings towards, but like, they shouldn't be widely townread in the first place. There is nothing that I have gleaned towards their alignment from their posts.

Anyway Frosty, I know you're feeling ignored by a few people in this thread. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you but I can't do that much at this exact moment

Haha, fair enough. I saw Trundle reading Yoshi town, who else did?

I appreciate you too, thank you. IDK if I really wanna read back to when I drifted off but, so sorry if you talked about this in youir wall *if yes please just tell me which post and I'll read it myself, how you feel about Volt atm?

By reports are you includinf role flips than? Because...if we no elim the only flip we get is the one mafia gives us (and that's a guaranteed town). Watcher can watch the wrong person, cop can do the same, one of them might get killed so IDK why you're saying it like it's a guarantee. Sorry this is a me thing but I hate bringing up PRs unless it's the PR wanting to tell us something. Otherwise it feels like fishing imo.
tbh

the mafia games i play rarely make it past day 3

so i didn’t think of it like this

As someone who wolfreads Ribbit and thinks that the cop is useless line is sus, and as someone who thinks no elimming is generally bad mechanics wise: in my experience people wanting to no elim is generally not alignment indicative

That's a fair point, I just don't see how the situation changes if we don't get any reports? We have less info to work with if only one guaranteed town dies and we don't even get the thoughtprocess behind it (like if we miselim town here, we can read back on the discourse in thread, what mafia chooses to do is only known to mafia) and all we got are educated guessing)

Haha, fair enough. I saw Trundle reading Yoshi town, who else did?

I appreciate you too, thank you. IDK if I really wanna read back to when I drifted off but, so sorry if you talked about this in youir wall *if yes please just tell me which post and I'll read it myself, how you feel about Volt atm?
there are like

a lot of people off the top of my head TN4U, radical6. I feel like there's more but I've forgotten who they are. There's definetely at least one more.

I feel that Volt is generally towny in the thread but that's more of a vibe than anything. I liked her posts in the 200s, and I remember liking his early game posts. happy calling that slot town right now

Betsy I'm gonna repeat a question I asked you earlier in the day.

Who are teh wolves?

You want a different answer than who i said I'd vote for when you asked me last time? Cuz I'm still not thrilled with tn4u and the quick jumping on the wagon (sorry dude). You make a good case for ribbit, but I'll have to go through it all. I see how ribbot has some wolfy takes - however! Even tho I disagree with those takes, I've seen town with those same crappy no elim opinions (trent). It's the great debate that happens d1 and everyone gets sick of it.

I can kind of see where ribbit is coming from re the pr. I disagreed that 'cop is useless'. Just a bit more of a challenge with godfather/ framer. It's hard for me to tell if ribbit just has a defeated kind of outlook and depends on pr reports, or if it's more of a wolfy thing going on to push town to no elim and take the pressure off maf. It takes me forever to read thru and type, so I'll do it tomorrow. I always re-eval everything well before eod anyway.

@BetsySundrop would also like to ask you if you stated an opinion on Volt yet?

there are like

a lot of people off the top of my head TN4U, radical6. I feel like there's more but I've forgotten who they are. There's definetely at least one more.

I feel that Volt is generally towny in the thread but that's more of a vibe than anything. I liked her posts in the 200s, and I remember liking his early game posts. happy calling that slot town right now

Ay, got it. and also got it, will read back for those posts I remmber nothing so far.

Saying this, I think the one thing I am liking about Ribbit is that he's the only one so far who seems to avoid TRing Volt. With all this finger pointing about jumping on claims and sheeping, this was a completely unique take. I dunno what to make of it right now, especially cause I wanna read back on all of your opinions since the Ribbit wagon seems a little newish? I also need to see if Volt talked about it.

tbh the ribbit wagon is zinnia and mogyay sussing him and TN4U when they entered thread, and then me deciding i felt his posting was sus.

At this point, it's possible for it to be anyone. Even dolby. But who I would vote for- the people I'm least comfortable with.

@BetsySundrop would also like to ask you if you stated an opinion on Volt yet?

I did. I don't see much difference this game and last game. So I wouldn't vote volt rn. More on the light town lean because ig meta? Just doesn't seem to be pushing anyone or defending anyone overly much? Nothing outright wolfy. Meh. Volt is meh.

Oh, huh, so basically it started with omgus?? Interesting.
Post automatically merged:

At this point, it's possible for it to be anyone. Even dolby. But who I would vote for- the people I'm least comfortable with.

I did. I don't see much difference this game and last game. So I wouldn't vote volt rn. More on the light town lean because ig meta? Just doesn't seem to be pushing anyone or defending anyone overly much? Nothing outright wolfy. Meh. Volt is meh.

Am I part of everyone?

And also got it. THank you. So basically yeah, as far as I'm aware it is just Ribbit.

@ribbitribbon , are you still holding onto your sus of Volt atm?

Oh, huh, so basically it started with omgus?? Interesting.
yeah, though i will say that tn4u and ribbit to me felt the distinctly the most sus in their pushes on mog and zinnia, both in general and in the pushes themselves. I'm assuming that's the reason Mog TRed me and Trundle, who also sussed her, but hard to tell when she just made that one post.

Back