• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Mafia Among Us Mafia Game Thread (Day Five) (EoD 5/23 6pm EST)

The fact I'm struggling with different timezones with you guys I totally understand yall ain't impress with my post recently like I get it that it's really weak.

The fact that the mog train is weird at first but I really do remember now how she plays in different roles which is totally understandable. Shes very hard to read but I don't mind voting her aside zinna

Imma add Trundle/Dolby as townread for me, I dont see either of them teamming up as mafia. Radical is more on null if I were to vote out from my previous list and my current I'm voting out Zinna and her post inconsistency.

Betsy is on null for me idk how they play and shes a replacement so its too sudden imo.
WAFFLES HI

Could I get you to read the second part of my second most recent big post. I think that RibbitRibbon is pretty sus and post number 279 by them is incredibly imposter like.

WAFFLES HI

Could I get you to read the second part of my second most recent big post. I think that RibbitRibbon is pretty sus and post number 279 by them is incredibly imposter like.
excuse you let’s talk to ribbit himself ty

i don’t do big paragraphs well but it looks like you just fos me for liking two reads on two popular foses. you’re whole thing is “ah i don’t like the general consensus of the town” but might i remind you that you only started pushing on me once other people did too? iirc you tr me before. and the posts you are bringing up are not my most recent ones.

after going back and forth with frosty i have already established i doubt my initial reads. i’m “pocketing tn4u” but i have had little interaction with him, just because i had the same viewpoints as him at one point in the game? i would like to go back and forth with you again and please keep in mind other posts of mine other than ones that support your dated theory from yesterday. let’s talk my man.

Alright sure

I'm gonna be real I really don't like post 279 from you, and I think that you are supporting pathways of thought that are help wolves via the game mechanics. Specifically through your thoughts no elim, which, is less weird than the next one, and then calling cop kinda useless. I view the second thought as possibly a result of being worried about being red checked (and also like, mechanically not right).

Who the wolves for you if Mog and Zinnia are both town? I feel like it's most important to estaliblish susses off of those slots in general since they are the most pushed right now
Post automatically merged:

yes I know that you don’t want to make definitive reads but as I see it those are the two easiest to push slots and I need to know where you’d go if not them

Likely mafia: tn4u, trundle, ribbitribbon
Need more input on this if that's fine with you.
Also - inactive town just gives maf targets.
True and false, It depends on how they play the game but usually, I would rather not vote for the inactive players and wait for them to be replaced or get booted.
i’m just gonna come out and say it: d1 doesn’t matter that much. i am not confident enough to start firing definitive shots this early into the game and would not be surprised if all of my reads thus far are completely wrong. we’re just all gonna point at each other until something happens. i will have more to say once we get some reports.
I'm more concerned ribbit atm like who just recently gave a hint too early I'm not too sure if that really values or I screwed up really quick. as a seasonal player and if I were his position I would not throw off my life away for this. like never ever tell your role to anyone this is kinda anti-town if you ask me

we already HAVE no intel. and we risk killing a power role. we already risk losing one to mafia by default. we can afford a no elimination.
😖❓
tn4u does seem town i think
Obvious statement.

@Dolby just saw ur post mb

Kinda sad that no one is here rn. Was hoping to vibe with people, ah well

Srry, I got annoyed and I walked away.

I don't feel like doing a formal reply to everything post but notworthy stuff right now. If you want to talk to me I can stick arounmd while I try do get a comm and work done. u_u

Betsy, I may talk about my tinfoil at EoD. I do want to reread a few things too and see if my opinion about it changed.

Volt, I kept the Star rail comment in and forgot to actually reply to it. Sorry, only gacha I can probably talk code with is Arknights and even then I finally dropped it early this year after only playing from fomo for the past 2. 🙃 I have not played enough Genshin either eksnfksbfks.

Dolby, I vibe with you not TRing Yoshi. Legit the only reason I think they're probably just town is because of their lackluster posting I can't see them being teamed up with anyone solely from coming in with a post like 'wow Shiny hasn't posted yet I thought you should know' and having no new reads despite an entirely new player joining. Unless they are also not keeping up with maf chat, but tbh at that point I feel like maf would be framing them by now. 🤷‍♀️ I would happily vote them off today tho, not gonna lie, I know we have different opinions on killing inactives tho.

I also vibe think Trundle is just town atm but I don't see eye to eye with a lot of his takes but I don't feel like going back to read him.

The last bit kinda just blew my mind and I'm surprised that no one else even mentioned it but it's "cop is kinda useless". Cop's checks have like a 85-90% chance of being right. I think that Ribbon has a guilty conscience and is worried about being inspected, so he wants to cast doubt at a cop beforehand. And before anyone says anything, there's a difference betwee saying cop isn't the end all be all and that the cop is "kinda useless"

I feel like I missed this. Was this the very first mention of PRs???????? I need to find the context that led to this but that gives me extra side eyes for you Ribbit. :eek:

Why did my : o turn ugly

Alright sure

I'm gonna be real I really don't like post 279 from you, and I think that you are supporting pathways of thought that are help wolves via the game mechanics. Specifically through your thoughts no elim, which, is less weird than the next one, and then calling cop kinda useless. I view the second thought as possibly a result of being worried about being red checked (and also like, mechanically not right).

Who the wolves for you if Mog and Zinnia are both town? I feel like it's most important to estaliblish susses off of those slots in general since they are the most pushed right now

yes I know that you don’t want to make definitive reads but as I see it those are the two easiest to push slots and I need to know where you’d go if not them
odd wise sure it’s unlikely cop will have a wrong report but the cop isn’t going to check at complete random; they’re gonna go for the top suspicious people and i find not very helpful that a) the mafia won’t frame one of the suspicious people or b) the mafia that gets checked isn’t godfather. i can see how you can read this as fear.

if mog and zinnia are town i would go to trundle and volt. i do want to tr volt so badly but i have just disagreed with them thus far and they ask a lot of questions and don’t really do anything with the answers. sorry volt x2

trundle is obv because started the mog sus line and if mog flipped town he is ultra suspicious

it's in post #279 @FrostyAlmonds , I didn't like the context about the cop and us firing sus on people early game
I don't mind making mistakes on day 1 but yeah a lead is a lead imo

I'm more concerned ribbit atm like who just recently gave a hint too early I'm not too sure if that really values or I screwed up really quick. as a seasonal player and if I were his position I would not throw off my life away for this. like never ever tell your role to anyone this is kinda anti-town if you ask me

😖❓
???????

i didn’t soft if that’s what you’re saying

also if someone did soft why are you pointing it out

I have a very different take from you on Trundle if Mog is town. Granted this take is biased be that I townread him already, but I think that the more likely world if Mog is town is that mafia bandwagoned in Trundles inaccurate read, rather than Trundle starting it as mafia. Despite starting it, Trundle didn’t really put that much work into pushing that read and it took off.

Tbh I think Volt is town but I can dig through her ISO starting in like half an hour bc Im doing stuff rn

Unravel, ribbit isn’t sifting vig, there isn’t a vig

???????

i didn’t soft if that’s what you’re saying

also if someone did soft why are you pointing it out

What I mean is that us not pulling the trigger won't solve a thing. I would rather vote because it gives hints or proper leads rather not voting at all. for me its an anti-town for voting no elimination and it would struggle for us finding the culprit in the very long run

I have a small window of time here before i pass out for the night.

first off, dont talk to me this way. i will vote how i see fit.

i have played among us. i was not feeling well earlier. i will read through all the comments tomorrow.

edit: i thought if i joined the among us mafia, i might post more on the forums. im shy until i get to know people.

I like this post. Might just be me, but leans lily more towards town imo.

The last bit kinda just blew my mind and I'm surprised that no one else even mentioned it but it's "cop is kinda useless".

No one mentioned it? Pfft...I mentioned it. I said it's a good combo to have.

There's a lot of potential in the cop/watcher combo: could catch framing, etc.

Making a four person mafia team is TOUGH since there are so many directions to go right now. There are like, three different borderline mutually exclusive worlds I could go down dependent on what I think about the Mogyay thread push. If I'm at Mogyay town, I think I go Ribbit/unravel/Yoshi(this one is more of a reaction why is this guy being super townread)/one AFK. This is more of a "find the most plausible four player team", rather than "name the four most suspicious players".

Same. I see individual wolfiness, but i try to put together 4 or even 3 and i get stuck.

Betsy, I may talk about my tinfoil at EoD. I do want to reread a few things too and see if my opinion about it changed.

I'll probably leave some, too. I'm a popular n1 kill, so I leave it all on the table, eh?

I have a very different take from you on Trundle if Mog is town. Granted this take is biased be that I townread him already, but I think that the more likely world if Mog is town is that mafia bandwagoned in Trundles inaccurate read, rather than Trundle starting it as mafia. Despite starting it, Trundle didn’t really put that much work into pushing that read and it took off.

Tbh I think Volt is town but I can dig through her ISO starting in like half an hour bc Im doing stuff rn

Unravel, ribbit isn’t sifting vig, there isn’t a vig
okay, the only people i remember even supporting it is me and tn4u but i’ll reread. also it was more mog’s reaction to it that raised my eye.

idk i just can’t shake the feeling volt is going to be universally townread and then flip maf. it’s been nagging at me

What I mean is that us not pulling the trigger won't solve a thing. I would rather vote because it gives hints or proper leads rather not voting at all. for me its an anti-town for voting no elimination and it would struggle for us finding the culprit in the very long run
let me preempt this by saying i don’t play forum mafia. the mafia that i do play, if town can afford a no elim and get information from it (cop, tracker) that’s more optimal than randomly bwing someone with 0 information. my point is if we no elim, we have at least 1 guaranteed of the two alive and a report unless mafia got like amazingly lucky. whereas d1 it’s just vibes from people without anything solid.

Dolby, I vibe with you not TRing Yoshi. Legit the only reason I think they're probably just town is because of their lackluster posting I can't see them being teamed up with anyone solely from coming in with a post like 'wow Shiny hasn't posted yet I thought you should know' and having no new reads despite an entirely new player joining. Unless they are also not keeping up with maf chat, but tbh at that point I feel like maf would be framing them by now. 🤷‍♀️ I would happily vote them off today tho, not gonna lie, I know we have different opinions on killing inactives tho.

I also vibe think Trundle is just town atm but I don't see eye to eye with a lot of his takes but I don't feel like going back to read him.

I feel like I missed this. Was this the very first mention of PRs???????? I need to find the context that led to this but that gives me extra side eyes for you Ribbit. :eek:
Yeah and we have different opinions on the inactive thing, and I wouldn't be opposed to a vote there. The only saving grace is that Yoshi is townread mainly by slots that I have good feelings towards, but like, they shouldn't be widely townread in the first place. There is nothing that I have gleaned towards their alignment from their posts.

Anyway Frosty, I know you're feeling ignored by a few people in this thread. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you but I can't do that much at this exact moment

i’m just gonna come out and say it: d1 doesn’t matter that much. i am not confident enough to start firing definitive shots this early into the game and would not be surprised if all of my reads thus far are completely wrong. we’re just all gonna point at each other until something happens. i will have more to say once we get some reports.
Post automatically merged: Yesterday at 8:31 PM
cop also looking low-key kinda useless with framer and god father so a tracker report is what i want most.

Thank you for pointing me here Waffles. I, don't know how I feel about this. What if we don't get any reports day 2 Ribbit, are you gonna just throw away Day 2 and no elim again??? I don't think the 'cop is useless' line was even necessary to bring up in this context....

Thank you for pointing me here Waffles. I, don't know how I feel about this. What if we don't get any reports day 2 Ribbit, are you gonna just throw away Day 2 and no elim again??? I don't think the 'cop is useless' line was even necessary to bring up in this context....
no im not going to throw away day 2 and no elim -__-

day 1 we have no reports. day 2 we do.

As someone who wolfreads Ribbit and thinks that the cop is useless line is sus, and as someone who thinks no elimming is generally bad mechanics wise: in my experience people wanting to no elim is generally not alignment indicative

also if we don’t get reports, we at least get the info that one was roleblocked

that’s literally worst case scenario though

I rather eliminate someone in day 1 than no elim day 1 because its anti-town and we might have no leads on day 2 if we vote on no elim

Back