• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Am I Being too Hard on my New Town?

Hamilton

Hamilton Trash
Bells
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Timmy Christmas Doll
Jingle Christmas Doll
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Pumpkin Cupcake
I finally thought of some cool name ideas for my mayor and town, (Mayor Verna of Equinox :D) but I haven't even started the game yet because I'm busy resetting for a good map. :/ Am I being too specific? These are my conditions:

- Town fruit MUST be either Cherries or Apples (Apples preferred)
- ONLY one pond, OR 2 ponds if they aren't inconvenient
- NO skinny patches of land (Made by a river in the norther part of town)
- Simple and straight river
- Large northern stretch of beach
- VERY SMALL private northern beach, OR south-facing private beach (any size)
- NO inconveniently placed permanent structures
- Well spaced Re-Tail, Plaza, and Town Hall
- Large spaces free of villagers for my house, Cafe and Campsite

My main problem is with the river and number of ponds. Whenever I get a good river, which is rarely in the first place, there are 5 billion ponds, and whenever I have 1-2 ponds, the river is absolute garbage.

Pls hepl.

That's not even a tough requirement. I wanted the same. Always do. I got it all but oranges, so I just said f it, oranges are fine.

You can always just grow any other fruit anyways.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I hate left to right river though. Bad for fishing.

And I had a beach on the bottom and right for so long I have to get a left one nowadays. But looks nice. GJ.

if you want my Opinion/advice, yes I think your being too harsh,, maybe lessen your requirements a bit, your looking at several hours of scrawling through rover journeys there or a couple of days, not sure how many different types of maps are available but I wish ya luck :)

That really depends. If you are picky, I say reset as much as you need. Better than settle with a map that will bother you forever ):

With that said, your new map is really cool!

This is actually really great! I have 5 (going to be 6) permanent villagers just because I plot resseted all of them into the town! My current list of villagers is:
Skye (Starter, permanent)
Lobo (Starter, permanent)
Curly (Starter)
Soleil or however you spell her name (Starter)
Alfonso (Starter)
Tammy (Permanent)
Kyle (May be replaced with Jacques, but otherwise permanent)
Penelope (Accidentally loaded up as my mayor, but she plotted perfectly so she's staying)

Not saying you are... But some people invest so much time to reset and make sure everything is so "perfect" that they forget to play and enjoy the actual game.

the randomness of the game is one of the biggest parts of it.

How do you plot reset your 6 starting villagers if I may ask? It seems to me like they'd already be moved in since you HAVE to load as your mayor when making a new town so I guess I'm missing something... also congrats on getting yourself a great map! I guess being really picky pays off sometimes! :p

How do you plot reset your 6 starting villagers if I may ask? It seems to me like they'd already be moved in since you HAVE to load as your mayor when making a new town so I guess I'm missing something... also congrats on getting yourself a great map! I guess being really picky pays off sometimes! :p

I didn't plot reset for my starting 5 villagers. Luckily, Skye and Lobo were the 2 who I actually cared about, and they happened to be in nice spots. Afterwards I started plot resetting. It wasn't for anyone specific. I just wanted an appealing villager in a good spot, so that's how I ended up with my current selection. :)

Personally I'd go crazy even trying to meet most of those conditions at all.

I don't have many requirements of my own just to save myself a lot of headache trying to endlessly find a perfect map so I can just play.

I want a U or L shaped river (so to speak)
Only 1 pond

I could care less where re-tail or anything else is, really. Perfect oranges are really ugly but it's not like they HAVE to be planted anyway.

Back