• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

ACNH Villager Rankdown (#1 and #2 HAVE BEEN POSTED!)

Nooooo, Apple! :( RIP Savannah and Walker as well.

Me and @Pintuition have chose to save the following:
- Bruce
- Canberra
- Colton
- Kiki
- Roald
- Rudy
- Sherb
- Yuka

This unfortunately means that we'll be saying goodbye to:
- Cyd
- Frita
- Pietro
- Punchy
- Roscoe
- Vivian

I'll be posting my writeups for Pietro, Punchy, and Vivian soon, while Pintuition will be doing the ones for Cyd, Frita, and Roscoe.

Savannah is such a cutie. She's the one I like the most from the six villagers my teammate and I cut. I like most of the horse villagers, and Savannah being a zebra give her a unique charm. In general I'm a fan of villagers that look like a specific species of animal, so that definitely gives her bonus points in my eyes. Her color scheme is nice; the blue inner ears, green eyes, orange hair, and orange hooves go well with her natural zebra coloring. The inside of her house is pretty cute as well. The wall isn't my favorite, but I like the white rattan furniture set and the upright piano. The zebra-print flooring is very fitting as well. All in all, she's cute, but sadly she wasn't cute enough to beat out the competition this time.
Savannah_NH.png

The phrase "cut the cheese" takes on a new meaning today. I'm so glad to have taken part in cutting Chadder. The mice are one of my least favorite species in Animal Crossing, and the fact that he's either made of cheese or looks like cheese doesn't help his case. I mean I get the joke. Mice... Cheese... But even outside of the cheese thing his appearance isn't the best. His nose is green. Maybe it's supposed to be mold on the cheese? Either way, the green nose doesn't work for me. And his angry, slanted eyes and smug lopsided grin make him seem unfriendly. I do like the interior of his house. It's mostly bathroom, but it's a nice bathroom. I approve.
Chadder_NH.png

I feel like the dogs in this game are very hit or miss for me. Either I love them or they have some weird feature or quality that bothers me too much to overlook. Walker falls into the latter category. His eyes are too high on his head, too close together, too small, and solid blue. Any of these things on there own might not be too bad, but all of them together doesn't work. His coloring isn't bad; he's just black and white. However, his coloring and his solid color eyes kind of give me old back and white cartoon animal vibes. The pattern on his head is similar to Mickey Mouse's, so that probably adds to that vibe as well. Looking like an old cartoon character isn't necessarily a bad thing, but some old cartoons are kind of weird/creepy to me, so it does make me more wary of him. The inside of his house is kind of cute. It's like a child's room. The exterior is mostly greyscale, which again just adds to the old cartoon feeling.
Walker_NH.png

Pietro:
Clown makeup. The reason I wanted him gone can be summed up in those two words. His mouth is the worst of it, but I don't like his nose, either. Clowns just aren't my thing and I just can't find him cute, which is a shame, because his colour scheme is amazing. I'd love a rainbow villager, and a sheep is one of the best species to put fun colour schemes on because you can do so much with the wool! His blue horns look great. If only Pietro had a cuter face, he might be one of my favourites! But clowns! Those thick red lips. No thanks.

256px-PietroPicACNH.png

Punchy:
I feel a little bad for cutting Punchy because I think he's cute. I had him in WW before and he was adorable! But in NL and NH he just doesn't stand out to me anymore. I'm not sure why, but I just don't really find him interesting enough to want him, and in terms of cats and lazies, there are a lot of other ones that I prefer, and when it comes to lazy cats, I prefer Bob, and maybe Moe as well. There were also a lot of villagers in the group that I wanted to keep, and Punchy just didn't make the cut.

PunchyPicACNH.png

Vivian:
Beige and grey has got to be one of the worst colour schemes ever created. Two neutral, boring, unsaturated colours to make up almost the entirety of a villager's colour scheme? Talk about a recipe for disaster. Admittedly, I don't hate Vivian as much as I used to - I encountered her in NH and she actually looks pretty good! Maybe it's her new outfit. It goes well with her eyelids, which actually do look really nice, or maybe her grey looks slightly more beige-y so it matches a little better. Even so, her improvement between games wasn't enough for me to want to save her over the rest.

VivianPicACNH.png

1603583723326.png

Cyd: We unfortunately have to say goodbye to Cyd the Cranky elephant. On first glance, I think Cyd face gives the appearance that he's sneering at you, as if his mouth is smiling but his eyes are not, which is why I wasn't as interested in saving him. @Verecund is right, though, he's an underrated character and I'm sorry to see him go! I think his coloring is super cool, as is his hair! Cyd has an awesome house too! It just wasn't in the cards this round.

1603583893088.png

Frita: We were on the same page about Frita having a unique and creative design. I love how she's inspired by french fries and hamburgers. You don't see many villagers out there like Frita. She has a great catchphrase (oh ewe) and her house is a little diner. Unfortunately there were too many others on the list for us to give Frita serious thought. Her creativity just wasn't enough to get her through!

1603584180539.png

Roscoe: Roscoe was a hard one to cut, especially for @Verecund, who rated Roscoe towards the higher end of the Cranky villagers. I think Roscoe's aesthetic is very cool, he kind of looks like he and Cyd could be in an awesome band! He even plays the guitar, as seen in his house! Overall I like Roscoe's design, save his red eyes. Had his eyes not been red, I would definitely have advocated to save him. At this point in the game even one unfortunate design element can mean the difference between getting through and getting eliminated.

Hello all!

These are going to be some sad write ups! Honestly, if I’d been deciding by myself with no other considerations, these three would have stayed in. But I wanted more collaboration, especially with my teammate. And part of that for me was keeping in some villagers and letting some, aka Apple, stay.

i don’t regret who we saved thou

6519450B-3F9F-4E8D-A853-D88FD7A72CF9.jpeg

ok, listen, I LOVE Apple. She’s tiny and cute and chubby and perf. She has the play hobby, and looks so cute running around. She’s one of my favorite peppies. However - I can admit that she also is slightly...psychotic looking. This is part of the draw for me, obviously, but I can see why she would not click for everyone. From her aggressive coloring, to her gigantic eyes, and her little buck teeth. She’s a lot. But she will definitely be famous...probably very soon 😉. One day I have to make my hamster island, but then I will most likely expire

7646C121-5867-4238-ADB4-CB9527DB3014.jpeg

Curlos is a very cute boy! He’s one of my favorite smugs, more so after encountering him on a mystery island (if Pi Ikea had not already had two smugs I would have invited him) in general I favor warmer colors, like browns and oranges and yellow over cool tones, and to me Curlos looks extremely cuddly and also like he Frita (RIP), and Timbra would make a cute little family. His lack of a nose threw me a bit at first, as did his sweater, and his heavy lidded expression. I can definitely see that he is not for everyone. But he’s pretty great and I am sorry to see him go.

749AA802-BBAB-484E-9410-3C8ADFA4FC5C.jpeg

Bones has really grown on me. I think he looks especially good in New Horizons, though of course I am always biased toward this art work because it is the only one I have experienced first hand. I love his patch eye, and that he’s a lazy with more natural coloring. I love dogs in real life and personally have a very lazy pup myself. Initially the fleshy pink around his muzzle and on his paws bothered me - what happened to your fur, bud? - but in nh it is less noticeable, or I’ve just gotten used to it, and it doesn’t bother me as much now. Yet again, sorry to see him go, would potentially invite him if I ever found him while island hopping. I think he and Cole could be good buddies.
Post automatically merged:

Sorry for the late write-ups - had to walk my dog/ baby/ husband :ROFLMAO:

Wow, I’m impressed by how quick we got through that round! 👏 Our Top 42 has been brought down to a Top 24! 😱
  1. Bangle
  2. Beau
  3. Bruce
  4. Canberra
  5. Colton
  6. Eloise
  7. Fang
  8. Filbert
  9. Judy
  10. Kiki
  11. Merengue
  12. Merry
  13. Mint
  14. Olaf
  15. Pinky
  16. Reneigh
  17. Roald
  18. Rudy
  19. Sherb
  20. Sprinkle
  21. Sylvana
  22. Tabby
  23. Wade
  24. Yuka

The next round will be the final round of this rankdown, but it will also be the longest and most complex round yet! 😁 A hint for that will be coming later in the week. If you guys know any TBTers who aren’t already following this thread, encourage them to, as it will become more important than ever next round! 😊
Post automatically merged:

Sorry for the late write-ups - had to walk my dog/ baby/ husband :ROFLMAO:
That’s fine. 😊 You’ve been doing great with all of your write-ups. 😁

MY GIRL KIKI LIVES ANOTHER DAY

i’m sorry all this was so hard!!! you did great and i loved all of your write-ups, even though some of my favs (Roscoe, Punchy, Agnes) were lost

Sad to see my favorite villager, Cyd, get cut when we were kind enough to save other people’s faves 😢😢😢 not surprised to see it happen tho

Also rip to Chadder and Walker.

So sorry! Cyd is a great villager, I was sad to see him go too (I love his dark red color)! So many good villagers cut this round, I guess that is bound to happen at this stage, but still rough. RIP esp to Agnes, Apple (even though it was me who cut her 😣), Punchy, and Roscoe (after marshal/ Raymond died for you!)

still a few I won’t mind saying goodbye to, so it should be interesting next week.

Species breakdown for the top 24:
4 cats (Kiki, Merry, Rudy, and Tabby)
3 squirrels (Filbert, Mint, and Sylvana)
3 penguins (Roald, Sprinkle, and Wade)
2 deer (Beau and Bruce)
2 koalas (Canberra and Yuka)
2 horses (Colton and Reneigh)
1 tiger (Bangle)
1 elephant (Eloise)
1 wolf (Fang)
1 cub (Judy)
1 rhino (Merengue)
1 anteater (Olaf)
1 bear (Pinky)
1 goat (Sherb)
0 alligators
0 birds
0 bulls
0 chickens
0 cows
0 dogs
0 ducks
0 eagles
0 frogs
0 gorillas
0 hamsters
0 hippos
0 kangaroos
0 lions
0 monkeys
0 mice
0 octopi/octopodes/octopuses
0 ostriches
0 pigs
0 rabbits
0 sheep

I just did this because I was curious, and I thought I might as well post it. I can't say the fact that cats have more villagers left than any other species surprises me

2 deer (Beau and Bruce)
1 tiger (Bangle)
1 elephant (Eloise)
1 wolf (Fang)
1 cub (Judy)
1 rhino (Merengue)
1 anteater (Olaf)
1 bear (Pinky)
1 goat (Sherb)
0 alligators
0 birds
0 bulls
0 chickens
0 cows
0 dogs
0 ducks
0 eagles
0 frogs
0 gorillas
0 hamsters
0 hippos
0 kangaroos
0 lions
0 monkeys
0 mice
0 ostriches
0 pigs
0 rabbits
0 sheep

I just did this because I was curious, and I thought I might as well post it. I can't say the fact that cats have more villagers left than any other species surprises me
Thank you for doing this! :giggle: It's interesting to see how each species has done. I am also not surprised to see that cats have more villagers left than any other species. 😅

2 deer (Beau and Bruce)
1 tiger (Bangle)
1 elephant (Eloise)
1 wolf (Fang)
1 cub (Judy)
1 rhino (Merengue)
1 anteater (Olaf)
1 bear (Pinky)
1 goat (Sherb)
0 alligators
0 birds
0 bulls
0 chickens
0 cows
0 dogs
0 ducks
0 eagles
0 frogs
0 gorillas
0 hamsters
0 hippos
0 kangaroos
0 lions
0 monkeys
0 mice
0 ostriches
0 pigs
0 rabbits
0 sheep

Shocked that there are no rabbits left! And realizing there’s are no hamsters left makes me extra sad, they are my favorite species. No pigs or sheep either :cry:.

surprised more deer didn’t make it through, and especially seeing which two deer are left.

on the other hand, I agree that the cats outnumbering everyone else is not much of a surprise!

thanks for making this!

2 deer (Beau and Bruce)
1 tiger (Bangle)
1 elephant (Eloise)
1 wolf (Fang)
1 cub (Judy)
1 rhino (Merengue)
1 anteater (Olaf)
1 bear (Pinky)
1 goat (Sherb)
0 alligators
0 birds
0 bulls
0 chickens
0 cows
0 dogs
0 ducks
0 eagles
0 frogs
0 gorillas
0 hamsters
0 hippos
0 kangaroos
0 lions
0 monkeys
0 mice
0 ostriches
0 pigs
0 rabbits
0 sheep

The lack of eagles and ostriches in this final round is utterly TRAGIC!

Back