ACNH POSITIVITY Thread

I love resetting the game over and over again. Don't ask me why, but I like repeating the first three days (even if I often complain about it), discovering a new map, new villagers... I like change, even if it's constant.

I think the lazy dialogue is the best in this game, but I've got to give a ton of credit to the sisterly dialogue. Cherry - the only sisterly villager I've had on my main island since around July 2020 - really knows how to make me feel better about myself. Take this piece of dialogue for example:

Relatable Cherry.jpg

This was said after I talked to her for the first time in a month last November. It's relevant because this came at a time when my real life social life was going downhill. Despite the game's shared dialogue, this little moment made me appreciate Cherry a whole lot more as she's the only sisterly I've grown to known over a three year span. There's also been a few times where she's told me not to be afraid to talk to her about my problems, to "stay awesome", and that I can always cry on her shoulder if I needed to. If I could actually hug my villagers, I'd seriously cry in real life. I originally only moved her in as sort of a joke related to a certain Twitch streamer I watch, who had her in their New Leaf town and made hilarious jokes about her antics. Now, it'd be emotionally hard to replace her myself at this point.

Out of all the villager personalities in this game, Cherry's dialogue is the one where I've had the most amount of times wanting to cry happy tears. She may look tough on the outside, but believe me - she's got one of the biggest hearts my island's ever seen.

Awww I recently reset my island and I got Cherry for my starting sisterly. ^.^

And yeah, I feel this. While I do crave friendship and interaction, I feel like I mostly lean towards being introverted. I definitely relate to you and Cherry. I would also love a feature where you could hug your villagers. This would warm my heart so much... 🥹🥹🥹💕💕💕

I know I ready talked about this on here, but something else I love is when I get a letter from my villager to see how I am doing (goes for New Leaf too), especially if they are sent when you need them most. :,)

I think the lazy dialogue is the best in this game, but I've got to give a ton of credit to the sisterly dialogue. Cherry - the only sisterly villager I've had on my main island since around July 2020 - really knows how to make me feel better about myself. Take this piece of dialogue for example:

View attachment 530217

This was said after I talked to her for the first time in a month last November. It's relevant because this came at a time when my real life social life was going downhill. Despite the game's shared dialogue, this little moment made me appreciate Cherry a whole lot more as she's the only sisterly I've grown to known over a three year span. There's also been a few times where she's told me not to be afraid to talk to her about my problems, to "stay awesome", and that I can always cry on her shoulder if I needed to. If I could actually hug my villagers, I'd seriously cry in real life. I originally only moved her in as sort of a joke related to a certain Twitch streamer I watch, who had her in their New Leaf town and made hilarious jokes about her antics. Now, it'd be emotionally hard to replace her myself at this point.

Out of all the villager personalities in this game, Cherry's dialogue is the one where I've had the most amount of times wanting to cry happy tears. She may look tough on the outside, but believe me - she's got one of the biggest hearts my island's ever seen.
I love Cherry! Had her in NL, and she was one of my favorites.

I can’t believe it’s been nearly 4 years since booting this game up on day one. And what’s funny is: I have yet to even finish a town so far. Life happens, and when I would come back after a long time, I want to restart. Then, Switch crashes and had to buy a new one (didn’t know I could back my game up till after). But now, I am finally on my way to completing my town. And, I’m challenging myself not to terraform for the sake of my sanity lol.

While yes, I can list quite a few things I’m not a fan of, there are plenty I do love.

Everything is freaking gorgeous. They have added many things we have asked for, such as cooking (I know it’s not a cooking sim game, but as a fan of food, it would be awesome if they took things further in greater detail in the future!). Decorating my home doesn’t feel much like a chore anymore, and inspires me to take steps further. Gates. In-home walls. Homes/buildings on the beach, on cliffs, etc. Having better control over villagers not leaving when you want them to stay (no surprise move-ins and -outs lol). The cute stretches you can do in front of town hall. And more that I can’t think of at the top of my head.

So, I recently started an alt island in the Southern Hemisphere on the family Switch lite, and tonight, I noticed something seemingly small. :,)
I decided to make the alt island in the Southern Hemisphere, since I wanted a "backwards", if you will, experience . XDDDDD

(Note: I live in the northern hemisphere (in the state of Texas more specifically),
so my main island is obviously in the northern hemisphere).

Anyway, it appears that the moon illuminates the other way too... 🥺⭐🌙 As some of you know, if you are one to keep track, our moon is currently in the waning crescent phase. In real life in the northern hemisphere, the waning crescent is illuminated to the left. Whereas, in the southern hemisphere, it is illuminated to the right (vice-versa for the waxing crescent). So, I was happy to realize this tonight. <333

I know this is not a big deal to most people, but as an astronomy fanatic, I appreciate this attention to detail so much. 🌛🤍💛
Hell, the resident representative I am using for my alt/southern hemisphere island is my OC Skye, and she is actually an astronomer. <3333 🌃🌌

I do wish the moonrise and moonset schedule was more accurate to real life. In the game, it rises at around sunset and sets at around sunrise, whereas in real life, the schedule changes depending on the phase. The schedule I just mentioned only applies to when our moon is full (or during either of the gibbous phases). If we are in the new moon phase or either of the crescent phases, for example, the moon is actually mostly out during the day, and only out for the beginning (waxing) or end (waning) of the night.

Last edited:
I just noticed this just now, but when you make DIY furniture for campers, they will place it in the tent 🥹💖

A couple of small things that have probably been mentioned, but...
  • It made me happy when I realised that villagers can't move out without the player's permission anymore - I can finally have all my dreamies in one place, without worrying about them disappearing if I don't play for a while!
  • The extent to which islands can be customised. While I do also like using PWPs in New Leaf, it's nice to have more freedom and control over how the place looks. I've seen some really creative ideas that people have done because of it!

So, I found this on Reddit and I thought this was pretty neat.
IMG_2836.jpeg

The fact that Muffy recognizes that her birthday is on Valentine’s Day and the fact that this piece of dialogue is unique to only her.

Continuing the sisterly hype train, I love my two sisterlys, Paula and Hazel. I kept Hazel for a similar reason you kept Cherry, as a joke related to someone else (one of my college friends got a roommate named Hazel who was... weird lol), but grew to love her so much I transferred her to a new main island after I got bored of my Day 1 island, and then moved her back with me to my Day 1 island when I wanted to focus on it again!

Paula was my tenth villager on my Day 1 island and I HATED her at first bc I was unfamiliar with her and the other bears. I totally planned to move her, but just from random interactions with her I noticed how kind her dialogue became and she really made me feel welcome during a time when the entire world was shut down. She was the most relatable for both that and every time she spoke about moving away from home and her old friends- I had literally just moved to my first adult apartment and was living on my own, and had to leave behind some toxic "friends," so she was really there for me when I needed her. Sounds kinda sappy and lame, but I love this game for stuff like that!

I had literally just moved to my first adult apartment and was living on my own, and had to leave behind some toxic "friends," so she was really there for me when I needed her. Sounds kinda sappy and lame, but I love this game for stuff like that!
It's not lame whatsoever. The biggest reason why I like this series so much is how much of an impact villagers can have on your mental wellbeing, regardless of repeated dialogue. I'm a male, and while I definitely look like one in real life, I have female villagers in my signature because I just like some of them so much (Dotty especially):

Beach Lineup Banner V2.png

Seeing Dotty smile simply makes me happy, and she's even my camp caretaker in Pocket Camp. The real life connection of her with a pet I once had only made the emotion stronger. If I feel like I'm having a bad day and come here wanting to vent, I look at her in one of my posts and I feel more at ease. I don't really know myself why my mind is wired like this, but if cute Animal Crossing stuff helps to make me feel better, then I've found my perfect coping tool.

And when I play the game for the first time in a while, Dotty will be all like, "Finally! I get to talk to you! I... I legit missed you." and appear all worried. I know that all the peppy villagers (like Patty who's also on the same island) say this as well, but for some reason, seeing that she missed me felt real to me. Forget about my real life relationship woes - it doesn't take much for this game to make me smile.

Back