• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Abortion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm pretty sure all abortions are done before the embryo is at the stage of being a foetus lmao? only exception is if there's a late stage miscarriage.

Yeah I know, which is what I'm okay with. But in some cases people get a late stage abortion, I guess.
As I said originally I'm swaying both ways but if I was to pick a side it would be anti-abortion because of that factor.

i'm pretty sure all abortions are done before the embryo is at the stage of being a foetus lmao? only exception is if there's a late stage miscarriage.

Actually, abortions are legal up until viability unfortunately, which can be as late as 24 weeks. At that point, it actually looks like a baby, and in some cases CAN BE a baby. Although most abortions happen during the 12th week, where it still looks like a thumb-sized alien.

To be honest, that needs to be dialed back a whole lot. 24 weeks seems really really late for an abortion.

Edit: I actually just read up more on it. Abortion IS legal up to 24 weeks, but only in extreme cases. It's usually denied past the 14th week, so yes, there is very rarely any baby killing unless it poses a threat to the mother.

Last edited:
My opinion is that if you get pregnant by rape, it's ok, but if you do it intentionally and get the baby on purpose no it's not okay, if you don't want it you shouldn't have had sex in the first place, unless the condom broke, that isn't your fault, so that's my opinion

who in the world gets pregnant just to have an abortion

tell me

Just use a plan B pill or something, It's better as long as it isn't a fetus that's almost developed or actually forming.
But I guess that's almost all abortion cases so I'm okay with that. Because there's a difference between getting rid of an egg and killing a baby in my opinion.

yeah it's definitely a difference between getting rid of an egg and killing a baby! for one, the baby is already a fully dwveloped human and out of the body! but a fetus isn't a baby. and besides it's normally not legal to get an abortion when the brain is starting to be developed n stuff. there are rules to that so tbh no, you don't kill babies when you get an abortion. you just get rid of something that one day would be a baby otherwise.

lol i might have confused the words but w fetus i meant embryo idk if theres a huge difference between the two in english sorry

I've always been on the fence about this subject, because it's hard for me to determine which life is more important, but you could argue that when you pass somebody in the street without having sex with them, you're denying a child a life, the same as how having an abortion denies a child a life.

I don't think anyone should have a say in what a woman does with her body.

I wouldn't say that passing someone in the street being denied life is comparable to abortion. Not everyone even has the capability to reproduce and when a child is being aborted, fertilisation has happened already. Whether or not you believe that this is morally the beginning of a life that deserves human rights is debatable and a matter of opinion.

I never said that? I said if they had sex in intention to have the baby but then decides they can't take care of it no it's not okay

but.... giving birth to a baby .. and then not being able to take carw of it... is okay..? i think it's very understandable that someone who knows they can't take care of a child gets an abortion instead of giving birth to it and then not being able to give it an ok life

but.... giving birth to a baby .. and then not being able to take carw of it... is okay..? i think it's very understandable that someone who knows they can't take care of a child gets an abortion instead of giving birth to it and then not being able to give it an ok life

Can't you just give it up for adoption? Logical explanation, instead of killing the baby whom of which you wanted, but then changed your mind

yeah it's definitely a difference between getting rid of an egg and killing a baby! for one, the baby is already a fully dwveloped human and out of the body! but a fetus isn't a baby. and besides it's normally not legal to get an abortion when the brain is starting to be developed n stuff. there are rules to that so tbh no, you don't kill babies when you get an abortion. you just get rid of something that one day would be a baby otherwise.

A fetus is a embryo which is 8 weeks+ in development, which means that its formed/starting to grow. So in that case, tell me what changes in the time that a woman goes into labor, what determines when a fetus becomes a baby, or when they are premature, then are they still a fetus so it would be okay to kill? Or are we going to go back to the roman days when it's okay to kill babies and infanticide Acts are justifiable.

Actually, abortions are legal up until viability unfortunately, which can be as late as 24 weeks. At that point, it actually looks like a baby, and in some cases CAN BE a baby. Although most abortions happen during the 12th week, where it still looks like a thumb-sized alien.

To be honest, that needs to be dialed back a whole lot. 24 weeks seems really really late for an abortion.

it seems that late stage abortions are less common here in the uk. most are done at around the 13 week stage if memory serves me, and most of the rest done before 20 weeks. in that case, 24 weeks seems to be an option for medical complications in the pregnancy. i feel the woman should still be able to choose, but should consider that the life of the foetus is now developing, but shouldn't be seen as more 'sacred' than her own life. i also agree it should be dialled back, with the exception of medical complications.

Last edited:
Yeah I know, which is what I'm okay with. But in some cases people get a late stage abortion, I guess.
As I said originally I'm swaying both ways but if I was to pick a side it would be anti-abortion because of that factor.

Can't you just give it up for adoption? Logical explanation, instead of killing the baby whom of which you wanted, but then changed your mind

Not. Everyone. Has time to. Carry. A baby in their uterus. For 9 months. Go through a ****ton of pain. And then give it up.

Edit: ignore the first two quotes

Last edited:

so the pregnant person should be pregnant for many more months, give birth to a baby and then put it up for adoption? that's just a lot of suffering for the pregnant person. the aborted thingy (w/e it's called lmao i'm giving up on my english) isn't suffering because it doesn't feel anything, it doesn't think......

so the pregnant person should be pregnant for many more months, give birth to a baby and then put it up for adoption? that's just a lot of suffering for the pregnant person. the aborted thingy (w/e it's called lmao i'm giving up on my english) isn't suffering because it doesn't feel anything, it doesn't think......

Ok but don't you want the baby to live? Shouldn't it deserve to get a human life instead of not getting a chance?

it seems that late stage abortions are less common here in the uk. most are done at around the 13 week stage if memory serves me, and most of the rest done before 20 weeks. in that case, 24 weeks seems to be an option for medical complications in the pregnancy. i feel the woman should still be able to choose, but should consider that the life of the foetus is now developing, but shouldn't be seen as more 'sacred' than her own life. i also agree it should be dialled back, with the exception of medical complications.

I editted my post. I misread some of the articles I was reading. 24 is the limit on necessary abortions (for the mother's safety)

Around 14 is the limit for normal abortions.

Not. Everyone. Has time to. Carry. A baby in their uterus. For 9 months. Go through a ****ton of pain. And then give it up.

Edit: ignore the first two quotes

Read the quote I said in my latest post its to both you and the other girl

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sorry I meant male, so sorry about that

A fetus is a embryo which is 8 weeks+ in development, which means that its formed/starting to grow. So in that case, tell me what changes in the time that a woman goes into labor, what determines when a fetus becomes a baby, or when they are premature, then are they still a fetus so it would be okay to kill? Or are we going to go back to the roman days when it's okay to kill babies and infanticide Acts are justifiable.

yeah lol sorry i messed up the words. lmao. i know that it's considered alive from like week 22 (don't quote me on this i'm just trying to remember my old biology lessons) or something, i just didn't know the proper words. the thing is, abortions that late are only allowed in very special cases.

my mom knows a woman who got an abortion very late. (like around week 20-23 i think?). she got a gravestone for him and named him because to her he was a baby. but the doctors said that if he lived he wouldn't live for longer than a few years because he had heart problems and stuff. so she got an abortion really late because if he would have been born it would just have been bad for everyone. idk this might be kinda unrelated but, like, no one is like "oh nvm i don't want the baby" after 5 months of being pregnant and then they get an abortion.

I'm for it, I mean it is the women's body and the bundle of cells in her isn't even conscious yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back