• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

A New 3DS bundle coming in North America?

I honestly don't know how I feel about this...on one hand, I'm happy that we get a bundle at least...and I do think the face plates are very nice but I was really hoping for the XL since I enjoy having a bigger 3DS.

I already have an XL but it is an Australian one and I was hoping to finally get an American XL since I moved back to the US and this was the perfect excuse! Now I just don't know what to do :(

I'm either going to eventually want this bundle, hope/wait for an XL bundle or just buy the game off my eshop and buy an NFC reader.

It's slightly bittersweet. I do think this 3DS looks pretty but I was just hoping for the XL.

I wish the XL could have faceplates! Oh well, I am glad NA is getting a bundle though :)

I think I will end up getting this bundle since I do think it is nice and I already have an XL...plus I really love the face plates!

Last edited:
Has the New 3DS bundle been announced as a GameStop exclusive, or is that still TBD?

I have two Nintendo 3DS XLs.

One was bought in August 2013.

The other one was bought about six months later.

Does this mean I should not buy this Nintendo 3DS LL?

I have two Nintendo 3DS XLs.

One was bought in August 2013.

The other one was bought about six months later.

Does this mean I should not buy this Nintendo 3DS LL?

There is no LL/XL being released in the Americas. The bundle is the smaller, standard size N3DS.

I'm only frustrated because I already bought a New 3DS XL after giving up on the small one ever coming here.
And they had to include the Isabelle face plates! ;_;

i'm excited about this!! it actually releases a day before my birthday and i need a 3ds, i'll see if i can get this pre-ordered.

There is no LL/XL being released in the Americas. The bundle is the smaller, standard size N3DS.
yes there is, there's a black and red one that came this year, but not AC theme.

and for those who're complaining why its just faceplates, do you actually know how much they cost? they're about $18-25 a piece, and im not talking about covers.

yes there is, there's a black and red one that came this year, but not AC theme.

and for those who're complaining why its just faceplates, do you actually know how much they cost? they're about $18-25 a piece, and im not talking about covers.

Yeah, I was talking about the AC themed one?? Since it's the AC:HHD thread...

And face plates are only about $10 USD in Japan.

Last edited:
I'm still torn. I don't mind shilling out money for the standard one because I do have smaller hands, it fits great and doesn't fall on my face as often as the LL/XL does...Honestly I probably will get the Japanese version of it and if for some reason they decide to release an LL/XL version of this bundel...I suppose I will be eating rice and water for a month lol.

I'm only frustrated because I already bought a New 3DS XL after giving up on the small one ever coming here.
And they had to include the Isabelle face plates! ;_;

this happened to me too AAAAA... i really was hoping for a new 3ds (not the xl version) and i gave up on it and now THIS, isabelle face plates and all.. i want it extremely bad but alas, No Money

i have been waiting for this. but i don't like digital games. i don't know if i should get it or wait until it comes out by itself????

Man, I was unsure about buying AC:HHD on release, now I'm definitely going to preorder this bundle. I love my XL, but it's just not comfortable for me to hold.

This bundle is $269 in Canada.

I already have the Nintendo XL so I pre ordered this today! I dont care that it is digital since I had ACNL digital. I just have one question I hope someone can answer. If I had ACNL digital on the XL is it possible to transfer it to the new DS any way at all? I hope so! Im so excited!! I cant wait to get it with the face plates and colored buttons.

I already have the Nintendo XL so I pre ordered this today! I dont care that it is digital since I had ACNL digital. I just have one question I hope someone can answer. If I had ACNL digital on the XL is it possible to transfer it to the new DS any way at all? I hope so! Im so excited!! I cant wait to get it with the face plates and colored buttons.

You'll have to perform a system transfer.

Is that free at all? And how long does it take? Would my SD card be all I need :3 THANKS

Is that free at all? And how long does it take? Would my SD card be all I need :3 THANKS

The system transfer can be initiated in the settings of the 3DS. Depending on the method of the transfer you use (there's three, and on Nintendo's support site, you can find instructions on how to choose the proper transfer and how to perform it), it can take two hours to five hours, from what it seems. All you need is a good Wi-Fi connection for the beginning of the transfer, and you don't need anything else.

When transferring onto a ds with the game preloaded is the game erased at all? Probably not the place to ask this but I was just curious

When transferring onto a ds with the game preloaded is the game erased at all? Probably not the place to ask this but I was just curious

It gets erased, but you can re-download it from the eshop because it gets linked to your NNID.

Back