• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

A little thread to pay your respects for the victims of Malaysian Airlines flight 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't blame the airline per se. It's still unknown what happened to the first flight, though their handling of the situation was lackluster at best. This one was completely out of their hands, I don't think many airlines think "oh our plane might be shot down today".

It's scary that it's the same airline company, sure, but that doesn't mean they're bad. Do keep in mind that flying is one of the safest ways of travel, and you're statistically safer traveling by plane than you'd be traveling on a bike or in a car.

I'm not sure how many people around me were affected by it, seeing as the plane took off from this country. Even so, my heart goes out to the people of both crashes. It's not something that should happen.

I wasn't blaming the airline at all. I was just making an observation that these kinds of tragedies don't happen very often, let alone to the same airline in the same year. I'm leaning more towards the conclusion that they must be cursed.

Last edited:
Yeah, I corrected my post. Still, even though they weren't breaking the rules, I don't understand why they weren't more cautious and rather have went around the area. Other airlines were able to.

flight-paths-ai2html-460.png

(top left is Malaysia Airlines)

several other aircraft liners are also flying through ukraine there.

It's probably to save fuel, cut costs. The airline was on it's way home.

- - - Post Merge - - -

abc_malaysia_mh17_flight_path_kb_140717_4x3_992.jpg

See?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ukrainian airspace is now completely closed.

I wasn't blaming the airline at all. I was just making an observation that these kinds of tragedies don't happen very often, let alone to the same airline in the same year. I'm leaning more towards the conclusion that they must be cursed.
I get your point, sorry for focusing on your quote specifically for that.

It was mostly meant towards people that think it's bad to fly with Malaysian Airlines now. It's about as counterproductive as people assuming they shouldn't fly with American/United Airlines after 9/11.

Last edited:

It was mostly meant towards people that think it's bad to fly with Malaysian Airlines now. It's about as counterproductive as people assuming they shouldn't fly with American/United Airlines after 9/11.

Heh. I can agree with you on that.

For what it's worth I agree with you 110%. It's just two accidental tragedies rolled up into a matter of months, nothing more but coincidences. But people have to make conspiracy theories out of everything, lol.

Its a very sad story indeed. For me not because there were so many Dutch people on board. I don`t value their lives more because they are Dutch, but they are all quite possibly innocent victims. Its so sad a human life`s worth is not valued as high as it should by so many people in this world. My condolences to all people affected by this tragedy. Families and victims. I can only hope their will be an honest investigation.

how awful...
my heart goes out to family, friends, etc. of the deceased, as well as those who passed.
i cant imagine this happening twice.

I just hope if it turns out to be an act of violence for sure, we take realsteps against whomever responsible. For once our government shouldn`t put any other interest above the the pure moralistic one.

I can only hope their will be an honest investigation.
I hate to break it to you, but the investigation is pretty much open and shut. We know the cause and we know everybody on board was killed. Apart from that, it's a war zone. Investigators will be going there but there won't be much news, as the aggressors and everything else is pretty much known. It seems unfair, but that's how it is.

I do agree on one of your previous points, that human lives aren't regarded as highly as they should be. I think if everybody realized that people around them lead their own lives with their own problems and people that cared about them, they'd think twice about doing crap like this.

Then again, these people never saw the faces of the people they killed. Makes it easier, dunnit.

wait 2 plane accidents from malaysia airlines in a year? i'm confused.

Yup. The one from today (obviously) and there was the flight back in March that disappeared. It still hasn't been found, unfortunately.

I hate to break it to you, but the investigation is pretty much open and shut. We know the cause and we know everybody on board was killed. Apart from that, it's a war zone. Investigators will be going there but there won't be much news, as the aggressors and everything else is pretty much known. It seems unfair, but that's how it is.

I do agree on one of your previous points, that human lives aren't regarded as highly as they should be. I think if everybody realized that people around them lead their own lives with their own problems and people that cared about them, they'd think twice about doing crap like this.

Then again, these people never saw the faces of the people they killed. Makes it easier, dunnit.

I think an important question is still unanswered, what is Russia`s role in this? Did they gave the seperatists the training and/or weapons to take out planes on such height?

Please guys. I made this thread to pay respects to those lost, not to make snide comments.

Several children died, three newborns died. Mothers, Fathers, Brothers, Sisters, all innocent lives snuffed out because they were flying in an airplane to Malaysia. 300 families are mourning.

I don't mind the conversations surrounding the events, but please show some respect for these people who died for no reason.

Or I will close the thread.

Thank you.

I think an important question is still unanswered, what is Russia`s role in this? Did they gave the seperatists the training and/or weapons to take out planes on such height?
From the information available now (I thought it was known which side had shot it down? Seems like I was wrong), it's currently unknown. Putin hasn't dismissed it as pro-Ukraine fighters having done it, so it could be either of them. From the little information available, he does appear to condemn it, so even if pro-Russia fighters did it, it wasn't really the idea of the Kremlin.

Then again, might as well be a political move. Saying they shot them down and not showing any remorse for the lives lost, it'd be obvious to everybody that they should help Ukrainian forces.

But those are just assumptions. Even the investigation won't point out which side it was.

Please guys. I made this thread to pay respects to those lost, not to make snide comments.

Several children died, three newborns died. Mothers, Fathers, Brothers, Sisters, all innocent lives snuffed out because they were flying in an airplane to Malaysia. 300 families are mourning.

I don't mind the conversations surrounding the events, but please show some respect for these people who died for no reason.

Or I will close the thread.

Thank you.

You're right. Sorry.
I really do feel for those poor families </3

This is some bad tragedy happen to the flight from my country. So just think of what if someone you know is in that flight? Is a very sad accident that hit the second time after the mh370 case just cool down a little.

This is so terrible... My condolences to family, friends and anyone affected by this tragedy, and may the victims rest in peace :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back