• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

A feature from EACH previous game that you would choose for New Horizons

Brookie

💎 We don't talk about Bruno-no-no-no 💎
Bells
Switch
1118-4461-2529
White Pansy
White Cosmos
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Purple Violet
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Purple Violet
White Lily
ど
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Let's play a game.

Imagine you have been chosen to choose a feature from each of the previous games to put into New Horizons.

Think of these games:
  • Population Growing (GameCube)
  • Wild World (original Nintendo DS)
  • City Folk (Wii)
  • New Leaf (3DS)
  • Happy Home Designer (3DS Spinoff)
  • Pocket Camp (smart-phone app)
  • (you can include Amiibo Festival if you wish...)
Which feature would you choose from each?

It doesn't have to be ALL of the games/platforms if you're not familiar with them.

---------------------

Here's what I would choose!
- Population Growing: morning aerobics

- Wild World: constellation center in museum
- City Folk: credit/debit card
- New Leaf: (now THIS is hard....) gracie grace sets
- Happy Home Designer: a few facilities and designing them
- Pocket Camp: one of the fortune cookie sets

Last edited:
I didnt play many but ill give it try, its quiete hard to shorten down to one thing but ill try:

NL: smarter villager letter system
HHD: (hanging things from ceilings) changing to, customizing villagers homes

Last edited:
For me it would be

- Population Growing:morning aerobics

- Wild World: I miss the events like flower fest and bright nights

- City Folk: I did like the debit card

- New Leaf: tortimers island

- Happy Home Designer: customizing villagers houses

- Pocket Camp: marina’s mermaid cookie set

I would say...

GCN: Morning aerobics
WW: Boondox
CF: The entire concept of the city
NL: Tropical fruits/dead trees
HHD: Ceiling items
PC:
Int_tre08_loftbed_cmps.png

The Bookish Loft Bed, undoubtedly my favorite item in AC history

GC: Would love the ball to come back. And since we could terraform then we could make closed in goalies and stuff.
WW: The WW villagers and personalities.
CF: Never played it
NL: Club Tortimer and something just as cool to have the mini-games.
HHD: Never played it either.

population growing: never played it, but i heard morning exercise was a thing, and it sounds cute.
wild world: celeste's observatory.
let's go to the city: the city lmao.
new leaf: too much to choose from, but i'll go with the tropical island and its mini-games.
happy home designer: ceiling furniture.
pocket camp: the clothing selection.

I haven't played WW or CF and barely remember the Gamecube, so just going off things I've seen/heard that sound interesting.

GC: Probably rude villagers, provided they soften up over time
WW: Celeste's Observatory
CF: The City
NL: Villagers visiting your house
HHD: This may be cheating but I feel like this entire game should just be an optional part of the mainline games
PC: Being able invite any villager anytime after you've met/unlocked them

ACNH is the first AC game i've played, although I spent countless hours watching my GF play NL. But Celeste Observatory I would love to see again.

GC: rude snooties & crankies specifically. i don't mind the other personalities being sweeter.
WW: the hourly music!
CF: barely played it, so hard to say.
NL: so many things, but if i have to choose just one, tortimer's island.
HHD: redecorating villager homes. i want it so bad. poppy can't even access one half of her house!
PC: the clothing and accessories.

• Population Growing (GameCube) Rude villagers
  • Wild World (original Nintendo DS) The villagers' personalities
  • City Folk (Wii) The city
  • New Leaf (3DS) The furniture sets
  • Happy Home Designer (3DS Spinoff) The way to use a touch screen to design a room as well as the outside
  • Pocket Camp (smart-phone app) The cool items in that game

Pocket Camp's full catalogue and I'd be happy.

New Leaf: The main street area, with the shops and npcs
HHD: All the different house and roof styles (for our house and villager homes); especially the custom designs on roofs
PC: The big interactive furniture pieces that villagers interact with (like the carousel)

I believe a previous game had an auction house? That'd be nice. And the sweets set would be really nice, too.

Gamecube: The NES games. Maybe there could be SNES games, too, if it's a feature that would be added to New Horizons.
New Leaf: Main street, with upgradeable shops and visiting former residents. Although I would also love for Desert Island Escape and the puzzle league game to be in there, too. Might be tough if I had to choose between them.
Happy Home Designer: The ability to freely decorate villager houses! Get all those fish and bugs out of there! XD
Pocket Camp: The furniture, my goodness, some of them are just so beautiful! If adding all of them is too much for this, then I'd probably narrow it down to one set of them or another, but I don't know how I would choose. So many of them are so beautiful!
Amiibo Festival: The main board game. It's simple, it's fun for what it is, its only problem was that they tried to sell it as a whole game; it's a mini-game. It could be added in as a board game you could play with your villagers or other players.

And I never played Wild World or City Folk, so I don't know what they had that New Horizons doesn't.

GameCube: morning aerobics
WW: villager personalities
CF: debit card
NL: town building customization
HHD: ceiling furniture
PC: big interactive furniture

Oooh, I have only played 3 of the past games but here's what I would want.

New Leaf: Hard choice but I would say being able to customise buildings like Nook's and Able's and also more customisation options for your house.

Happy Home Designer: The ability to decorate outside like you can inside. It's so much easier.

Pocket Camp: Some of the fortune cookie sets would be amazing in New Horizons. In particular- Judy's Blooming Cookie set, Marina's Mermaid Cookie set, Diana's Fay Cookie set and Fauna's Toy Day Cookie set.

ACPG: Sports fair and aerobics
ACWW: Villager dialogue and interactions
ACCF: City or constellations
ACNL: Tortimer's Island or music

ACHHD: Cafe, restaurant, school
ACPC: Furniture sets

Population Growing – The 15 villager slots, closely followed by NES games.
Wild World – Celeste's observatory.
City Folk – Traveling to the city or the debit card.
New Leaf – Town hall customization.
Happy Home Designer – Decorating villager homes.
Pocket Camp – The cabin. It would make a nice hangout spot for villagers, and we could always do with more buildings.
Amiibo Festival – Desert Island Escape. It would be so fun to bring some villagers over to a desert island, survive, and try to escape. Bonus points for fitting New Horizons.

WW: The background stories for the special characters.
NL: This one is hard to pinpoint. I mostly just miss the items and the hourly music.
PC: Those large furniture that villagers interact with.

Back