• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

A Animal Crossing themed New Nintendo 2DS XL is coming out soon in Europe

...That thing is an atrocity to my eyes. D:

So I guess this might mean the Hylian Shield 2DS XL will be NA exclusive while this one will be the EU exclusive?

That design is pretty underwhelming (just my onion), especially compared to the other AC edition systems that were so colorful. o well good news 4 me 'cause now I don't have to covet it lol

So, f they aren't going to do a Switch version.....maybe we will get a new update for New Leaf??????????? Pahlease???????? *begs*

Nice they are keeping it alive, but considering it's a New 2ds XL not interested, plus I recently had to get a new console (the nn3ds XL SNES edition) so yeah.

If they'd keep updating the game with maybe adding AC:pC stuff that'd be cool though.

So I guess this might mean the Hylian Shield 2DS XL will be NA exclusive while this one will be the EU exclusive?

I think this will be the case.

That design is pretty underwhelming (just my onion), especially compared to the other AC edition systems that were so colorful.

I agree, the design doesn't look that good at all so far. They could give it a much better looking design,
especially since other 2DS XL's have such pretty designs, like the Pokeball or the Hylian Shield one for
example.

Yeah the old 3ds XL with the poptart pattern was sooo much prettier imo, and I liked their design in general on the OG 3ds xl's :(

Sucks US gets the Hylian Shield though, that one I could buy easily and looking away from the 2ds flaws but yeah this one is.. boring idk.

Funnily enough I thought the poptart looked like **** and am very much loving this design. I've no need for a new console but I'll seriously consider buying this if it comes to Australia.

Last edited:
I’m not giving a care for this. The only thing I’ll say is that Nintendo still cares for Animal Crossing and a Switch title is imminent.

Uhh, I do like how it's like mint green and simplistic, but why are they doing this???.... it's a bit late for that now. Even the Welcome Amiibo update came out ages ago.

Europe always gets these AC Limited Edition units, but in this case, I don't mind. It looks plain and ugly xD

I'm with Jake on this, I wasn't fond of the "Pop Tart" design of the previous Animal Crossing 3DS XL. I prefer this new subdued, simplistic green design. That said, I'm not interested.

I will say, though, that the idea of region exclusive console colors is annoying to me. There's a nice New 3DS XL model exclusive to Australia and Europe that is orange and black, and those are two of my favorite colors (next to purple) and also happen to be the colors most associated with Halloween, my favorite holiday. I would love to have that choice but unfortunately it isn't available. They do have that white and orange New Nintendo 2DS XL in the US, but it's predominantly white with only orange accents and buttons and doesn't look nearly as good. This extends back to the older models as well, like the White original 3DS and silver and black 3DS XL. It's also a shame we never saw the Pink and White New 3DS LL/XL in the US. I realize there's probably marketing reasons behind what colors and designs are made available where, but it's unfortunate nonetheless.

Last edited:
Yeah those regional exclusives are dumb, not counting all the pretty stuff Japan has gotten in the past for example...

Also honestly, why is it too late? Lots of people still enjoy their 3ds/2ds consoles and it's far from "dead" yet even though people are smashing their Switches like mad.

Yeah those regional exclusives are dumb, not counting all the pretty stuff Japan has gotten in the past for example...

At the end of the day, Nintendo is a business and they're going to do what gets them the most money. Different consoles sell better in different regions - Reggie has stated that white/light coloured consoles just don't sell well in the US, hence why they're not usually released there. There's a reason certain consoles don't release outside of Japan. What would be dumb would be wasting time and resources on a console that isn't going to sell.

At the end of the day, Nintendo is a business and they're going to do what gets them the most money. Different consoles sell better in different regions - Reggie has stated that white/light coloured consoles just don't sell well in the US, hence why they're not usually released there. There's a reason certain consoles don't release outside of Japan. What would be dumb would be wasting time and resources on a console that isn't going to sell.

Aaand they release this lool. :rolleyes:

Well if they have proog some region doesn't like a colour or whatever sure, but honestly how many did they even try out of all hundreds of releases throughout the years?

Speaking of regional exclusives: Back then when I found out that a purple 3DS would come out in the US,
I thought it would be a new color that would come out world wide. So I waited and waited till the month
of where this purple 3DS would come out... Only to find out then that it wouldn't come out in the country
I live. I still wondering today why they never brought out that purple 3DS world wide, as it's a pretty cool
color in my opinion and I sure think that many people would have brought a 3DS in this color.

As for this AC themed N2DS XL: I will wait till there are better pictures of it to see how it looks and will
make then my opinion to it.

Last edited:
Back