• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

2017: A New Challenge (Always Open to Newcomers)

I'm having the same problem as Hazel. I've been playing a lot today and doing chores that are supposed to raise the rating but I'm still at 43%! I didn't sell my town, upgraded the tent, talked to villagers a bunch, ran some errands for them, watered all flowers, made a new flag and town tune, wrote a message to the bulletin board, donated stuff to the museum and sold rubbish to Reese. O well lol! I guess it just wasn't enough. Will resume trying tomorrow!

I'm having the same problem as Hazel. I've been playing a lot today and doing chores that are supposed to raise the rating but I'm still at 43%! I didn't sell my town, upgraded the tent, talked to villagers a bunch, ran some errands for them, watered all flowers, made a new flag and town tune, wrote a message to the bulletin board, donated stuff to the museum and sold rubbish to Reese. O well lol! I guess it just wasn't enough. Will resume trying tomorrow!

Me too. I went from 19% to 45% but I'm stuck at 45%. Try again tomorrow!

Yeah I tried doing more errands but only Jambette requested one. Only got up to 77% >.<

Here's my little backstory! It's just the first draft :)

Have you ever wished you could start again? To run away and start a new life? For Hazel there was no other choice.

After breaking the most sacred of all witch?s law - stealing another witch?s grimoire - Hazel was afflicted with a deadly curse, a curse which is contagious to everyone around her. With approximately a year to live, Hazel grabs a ticket for a one way train to life of solitude with nothing but the clothes on her back.

She finds herself in the forest of Latibule where she hopes she can stay hidden for the remainder of her days. However she is greeted by a group of animals who seem to think she is their new mayor. She tries to reason with the secretary, Isabelle, but Isabelle is adamant that Hazel is their mayor leaving Hazel with no choice but to assume the role.

The villagers are at risk of being contaminated by the curse but Hazel isn?t the only one keeping secrets.

Have you ever wished you could start again? To run away and start a new life? For Hazel there was no other choice.

After breaking the most sacred of all witch’s law - stealing another witch’s grimoire - Hazel was afflicted with a deadly curse, a curse which is contagious to everyone around her. With approximately a year to live, Hazel grabs a ticket for a one way train to life of solitude with nothing but the clothes on her back.

She finds herself in the forest of Latibule where she hopes she can stay hidden for the remainder of her days. However she is greeted by a group of animals who seem to think she is their new mayor. She tries to reason with the secretary, Isabelle, but Isabelle is adamant that Hazel is their mayor leaving Hazel with no choice but to assume the role.

The villagers are at risk of being contaminated by the curse but Hazel isn’t the only one keeping secrets.

I love how Hazel isn't a victim of chance, but rather an audacious heroine(?) of sorts. Stealing a witch's grimoire is as bold as it gets!

That last sentence is super intriguing too. I cant wait to find out what other secrets there are!

Done with day 3! You can read the whole day on my blog post: http://two--trees.blogspot.my/2017/01/day-3-100.html

Here's my favourite screen shot of the day -

bcc76e8e65.jpg

Alfonso's urinal in his house... lol the gyroids.

Those gyroids next to the urinal. LMAO. How creepy. I love your screenshots so much, they look so smooth and soft :blush: Also congratulations on 100% rating!

ahaha i know! so weird. i'm kind of familiar with a lot of the more popular villager's houses... so seeing alfonsos... lmao. i actually can't wait to see what other villagers houses are like too. and thank you! I use "reduce noise" on PS :'D works pretty well so far!

After breaking the most sacred of all witch’s law - stealing another witch’s grimoire - Hazel was afflicted with a deadly curse, a curse which is contagious to everyone around her. With approximately a year to live, Hazel grabs a ticket for a one way train to life of solitude with nothing but the clothes on her back.

The villagers are at risk of being contaminated by the curse but Hazel isn’t the only one keeping secrets.
Hey, this is a super cool backstory! You're a really good writer! Will you be writing more about your town? I'm curious as to what the last sentence means! :confused:

Done with day 3! You can read the whole day on my blog post: http://two--trees.blogspot.my/2017/01/day-3-100.html

Here's my favourite screen shot of the day -

bcc76e8e65.jpg

Alfonso's urinal in his house... lol the gyroids.
Oml I love your posts. Those gyroids... Your mayor looks really cute by the way. I love the combination of those glasses, hat and shirt! I know the struggle of having those eyes, too. My mayor has them in another town and I have the boys' version in this town. Sometimes I think they're ugly but even those eyes do look good with the right hairstyle and outfit! I hope you'll start liking them better, it's not fun being stuck with eyes you don't like!

Hey, this is a super cool backstory! You're a really good writer! Will you be writing more about your town? I'm curious as to what the last sentence means! :confused:

Oml I love your posts. Those gyroids... Your mayor looks really cute by the way. I love the combination of those glasses, hat and shirt! I know the struggle of having those eyes, too. My mayor has them in another town and I have the boys' version in this town. Sometimes I think they're ugly but even those eyes do look good with the right hairstyle and outfit! I hope you'll start liking them better, it's not fun being stuck with eyes you don't like!

haha thank you! ^^' yeah I have a boy character with this face in another town (with the messy bed head hairstyle), which i love! I find it more hilarious than anything ahah, but a haircut might do it :p if not, i always have my rimmed glasses :'D i'm glad you like my posts hehe, it's been fun so far blogging for the challenge!

STILL NO WISP! I played for a few hours, ran over my map. Nothing. Will have to try again tonight (wasn't able to try yesterday night because I was busy with house work) Some good things did happen though! I'll be using a spoiler again because there are quite a lot of pictures in here.

Remember when I said that my Japanese is awful? Well today I received the following letter in the mail:

はじめての
ひとりぐらしは
どうかしら?

ひっこしいわい
いれておきます
     がんばってね ははより

It took me an embarrassingly amount of time to figure out what it was. At first I thought it said:

First time
Living alone
I wonder?

I will make it squirm
Hang in there and do good work, HAHA Yori

But after putting it through google translate I realized that it was just the (person that was supposed to be the) actual mayor welcoming me into town and that my translation had been off.... Still I decided that my character Datsue-Ba can't read properly and that she interpreted it as a threat. As a result she installed the security camera that Fauna sent her in the mail:
HNI_0093.JPG

HNI_0094.JPG
While going around town I also found a new plot. This one is for Julian, I believe. He used to be one of my favorite villagers in the game. Not so much now but I'm still pretty happy to have him here considering that I could have ended up with something waaayyy worse.

HNI_0100.JPG
While on the topic of villagers Roald has started to become suspicious of my intentions. There is no way I can let him leave town now... I suppose its a good thing that it was Roald who adopted this catchphrase and not one of the villagers I hate.

HNI_0097.JPGHNI_0098.JPG
Today I also enacted the Beautiful Town ordinance and started the process of building a new bridge. Once this one is fully built I'll go ahead and tear down the town's original bridge (as I'd rather use another type of bridge)

HNI_0010.JPGHNI_0007.JPG
Katrina visited today as well. If we're being honest I didn't even bother to figure out what she had said... But at least now I'm one step closer to unlocking her shop... LOL

Franklin was in town as well. I didn't buy anything this time because I've been way too aggressive with my coupon spending and I really got to start saving them.

HNI_0013.JPG
Finally I talked to Tortimer who was waiting for me by the docks. So I'm thinking I'll have access to the island by tomorrow. And then I can go make myself rich at last!

Day 3 in Rajamaa

4ReTgIc.jpg

My approval rating had mysteriously risen from yesterday's 43% to over 70% by the time I went to check shortly after loading the town. Then I just did a little bit of mingling with the villagers and came back to 100%!

62r8K8n.jpg

Hanging out at Rodney's. Ren?e's plot appeared today and while I'm not too fond of her, I am rather interested in her cardboard furniture! Some other villagers of mine have cool stuff too. Benjamin has a whole bunch of sloppy items and I even managed to snatch his sloppy sofa off him already. Sly has a really neat house and come cardboard stuff too. I'll be on the lookout...

PX3D7EJ.jpg

Here's some designs I made. The two on the far left and right are based off Frodo's outfit from LOTR but I tried to be a bit more original with the rest of them. Other than that, my house expanded today and Tortimer came to meet me. Actually, he's still waiting... Imma finally go meet the poor oldie. I also got my first hybrid, a black tulip, today.

Yep yep, that's it for now. I need to take more pics tomorrow! Desperately waiting for a net to appear. Shovels are good for popping balloons but I need to catch those snowflakes and critters!

@Pocky: LOL i love how you put the security camera up after the letter!

@Cosmic Kid: YOUR DESIGNS ARE AMAZING! they really fit your theme. good job ahhhh. now I'm thinking of making some designs for my town :'D

Ack, my approval rating is still only at 73%... TOMORROW! lol

@pocky - that dang, Wisp! He appeared to me on my second day, what's taking him so long? ;A;

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have my Day 3 post up here!

I love how Hazel isn't a victim of chance, but rather an audacious heroine(?) of sorts. Stealing a witch's grimoire is as bold as it gets!

That last sentence is super intriguing too. I cant wait to find out what other secrets there are!

Thank you! In my head Hazel is super mysterious and won't say why she stole it which is subject to discussion in the town. Isabelle (and all the other residents once they get to know her) believes she only did it because she didn't have any other choice. As for the villager secrets that was inspired by Jambette actually and the idea that Hazel isn't the only one hiding in Latibule for one reason or another. I still have to develop it though :p

Thank you so much! I plan to make art inspired by my town headcanons with a snippets of text accompanying it kinda like mayorvillager's art on tumblr! I don't think I'd have time to write a proper story unfortunately!

Day 3 in Latibule~

- Development Permit reached 100%
- Talked to Tortimer at the dock
- Bought some things from the campsite
- donated fossils
- did errands for villagers, managed to get a stringfish for Maelle
- completed today's initiatives

Last edited:
I'm interested in trying this but I'm on vacation atm. If I started late (~jan 5th) it's okay to start my town on that date or do I have to make it Jan 1st?

I'm interested in trying this but I'm on vacation atm. If I started late (~jan 5th) it's okay to start my town on that date or do I have to make it Jan 1st?

It's okay to start late! I'm going to keep this open to newcomers always :)

-----------------
@Cosmic Kid: you're so talented! those designs look phenomenal! is it just me or does rodney look like he has something to hide? MHMM

@ghost: omg, that picture of your mayor going into the rv cracked me up! ALSO! what dress is your mayor wearing? it looks so cute ;-; I've seen the shirt before, but never the dress form.

@jambette is one crazy frog......... you know........... your story involving jambette reminded me of this thing I do in all of my towns. basically I have this inside joke where Jambette is a powerful being in ACNL. So all of my mayors have a secret shrine to her in their basements HAHHAHA PRAISE HER
tumblr_nlzxabF9KV1su7rruo1_400.jpg
tumblr_nlzxabF9KV1su7rruo2_400.jpg

congratulations on reaching 100% approval!

STILL NO WISP! I played for a few hours, ran over my map. Nothing. Will have to try again tonight (wasn't able to try yesterday night because I was busy with house work) Some good things did happen though! I'll be using a spoiler again because there are quite a lot of pictures in here.

Remember when I said that my Japanese is awful? Well today I received the following letter in the mail:

It took me an embarrassingly amount of time to figure out what it was. At first I thought it said:

But after putting it through google translate I realized that it was just the (person that was supposed to be the) actual mayor welcoming me into town and that my translation had been off.... Still I decided that my character Datsue-Ba can't read properly and that she interpreted it as a threat. As a result she installed the security camera that Fauna sent her in the mail:
View attachment 191631

It's not actually from the (supposed to be mayor) It's a letter from your mom. It says:

How is your first time living alone?
I added something to celebrate you moving
Good luck! From mom.

I'm just lurking here to read all your awesome posts, but I figured since I've studied Japanese and am currently living in Japan, I'd help out ^^; (If you have anything you'd like to know, ask me anytime.)

Back