• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

2017: A New Challenge (Always Open to Newcomers)

I couldn't play yesterday but I'll be making up for it today by catching them bugs on the island and making that money!

Hoping to make another blog entry soon! I've since invited Etoile and Vivian to live in Pink. I will now have 10 villagers. I was too lazy to put pathways down, so everyone plotted very close to my home ;A; I'm thinking I'll probably move them out at some point and then move them back in using the cards again.

I wasn't able to post yesterday so I'll be doing a double post today :)

@hazel: poor phil! did the evil witch punish his act of kindness with a curse?

It's funny you say that because I was thinking something similar! Like perhaps it's part of Hazel's curse that those who are extra kind to her become afflicted as well?!

Latibule Day 6~

- Hazel is moving in -.- (I would be indifferent only for she has the same name as my mayor)
- Started funding/payed off the Well
- Donated fossils, sea creatures etc
- Bought a basic painting from Redd (Turns out I got confused and thought basic was 100% genuine which it isn't. That's what I get for not checking the guide!)
- Got a wetsuit from the island!
- Did the diving trick and Jambette suggested the outdoor chair (she also managed to break out of her hole prison - more proof for her crazy power?)
- Elmer got cursed
- Gardening shop under construction

Also some new headcanons for town!

- I'm thinking Jambette is either a witch who was turned into a frog or a witch's familiar who ran away which would explain her powers?

- Also on the subject of familiars, I'm thinking Felicity will be Hazel's. I'm also planning on moving Kitty in at a later date and I think she would be a good familiar for my second character, Willow.

- In my head Willow is the witch who Hazel stole the grimoire from. I don't think she's necessarily evil but let's say she's morally ambiguous (I have some ideas but I'm still developing them!)

^ Oh god, I love your Jambette. There's definitely something shady about her. Regardless of if you keep her or not, I think she fits your town really well. Her appearance reminds me of witches and fairytales for some reason.

And psst, I fell for Redd's scams too. Bought a fake gallant statue even after checking the guide... I feel stupid now. :lemon:

wooo I'm glad I finally unlocked the island too (I ALMOST forgot to meet tortimer at the docks that day).

Same here! I've been so caught up in planting flowers around my town that I almost forgot about it.

Last edited:
^ Oh god, I love your Jambette. There's definitely something shady about her. Regardless of if you keep her or not, I think she fits your town really well. Her appearance reminds me of witches and fairytales for some reason.

And psst, I fell for Redd's scams too. Bought a fake gallant statue even after checking the guide... I feel stupid now. :lemon:

Haha I'm starting to really like her too! I'm really tempted to keep her but her house is so obnoxious so idk... But if I do get rid of her but somehow manage to get her picture before hand I might steal pocky's idea and make a little shrine for her :p

Wow ok, I noticed I took way few pics both today and yesterday. Can't recall most of what happened so I'll be brief this time.

Day 6
-Gaston moved in bringing me to 8 villagers
-the Gardening shop opened! That's the shop I've been looking forward to the most. I'm not in a big hurry to get Kicks or a T&T upgrade, I'm just happy being able to hoard trees now.

Day 7
cDkTyEe.jpg

Temporary interior decor. Snatched Gaston's sloppy sink today, Saharah changed the carpet yesterday, and a bunch of needed items have been showing up at the campgrounds shop and vans.

zTsQXcN.jpg

First PWP request! Dunno if I'll build it. It's kinda ugly but might look suitably confusing in the spoopy paranormal forest.

I went to the island for the first time today. Got enough Bells off bugs to be able to fund a third bridge. Paid off a loan too, the plan's to ask Nook to expand the main room to the fullest tomorrow. I'm running out of space.

Still no preventive items, by the way. Some items on the other hand have appeared multiple times already. I've seen the pilot's cap, lion dance mask, jester's mask and co. two times already. Bring on the moon hairpin and cowbone! Still at two infects.

Yep, yep. Other than that, I've just been doing a bunch of planning. More about that later. Hope everyone's having fun.

January 1st, 2017, 9:34 AM

You had been dropped off at a very snowy, seemingly abandoned train station. Before you could turn around and ask Vlinny if he was sure that this was the place, he seemed to disappear. The low hum of his space ship as it took off told you otherwise, however.

Five minutes later, the train crawled to a stop in front of your bench, and the door opened. You stand there for a few seconds, peering into the train with a sense of apprehension. A whole year, alone? Could you even hold up for that long by yourself?

The train conductor peers out of the train. He?s a monkey, a pretty small one. ?Eeek! Are you going to get on, or??? He asks, looking you over. You get on the train, but don?t really respond to him.

There?s only one passenger, someone you expected to be there. Vlinny had let you know what he looked like, and his name. The cat in front of you tells you his name, even though you already know. His name is Rover. He proceeds to indulge in a little small talk; taking the map of Bizhawk out and showing you, asking you questions about why you are moving. You keep your story vague; the cat only knows that you are a friend of Mayor Vlinny's because Vlinny mentioned it to him when calling him up to get him to meet you. He doesn't seem to realize where you came from, either.

"You hear what happened to Vinetown?" Rover asks, leaning back in his seat. "Apparently it was destroyed. Looked like a giant had stomped all over it. Not a lot made it, sadly; the paper said international police are still investigating. There were people's guts everywhere, it said. Ew. Poor folks." The cat wrinkled his nose. Your eyes sting a bit, but you are able to keep Rover from seeing you cry.

"Now arriving in Bizhawk! Bizhawk Station!" You hear the conductor squeak out, his voice amplified by the speakers inside the train. This is it, you think. One year of being alone. I... I kind of deserve it, to be fair...

The first thing you see stepping out of the train is four animal faces, and your heart skips a beat in fear. I thought! I thought this town was deserted! Oh god! I...

The animal on the right steps forward, and claims you are the mayor. The first thing you say in reply is, "I thought this town was abandoned. I'm not the mayor."

"Oh mayor!" The yellow dog replies. "There's no mistake! You said you would be here!"

Before you can object, you are dragged away to town hall, and then dragged to a shop to place your house. And soon, you have a home. Well, it's a tent; the real estate manager, Tom Nook, assures you that as soon as the down payment was paid that it would actually be a house. It's cozy as a tent, though. You don't mind too much. The only thing you mind is the cold as it's snowy here.

yoDDsiB.jpg

You are then whisked away to a ceremony, to plant a town tree. You've stopped arguing with Isabelle, the yellow dog from before, because arguing was useless. Besides, how could you explain your affliction anyway? "Hi, I'm Binyot, and when I get emotionally attached to things they are destroyed in an explosion of numbers, colors, and clown vomit?" No one would believe you. They'd most likely laugh and tell you to stop trying to prank them. You resolve to keep in your tent a lot this year. You can't get attached to this town. In a year, you'd be either cured... or dead. But until then, you are a real danger to this town.

b6qw9qb.jpg

January 6st, 2017, 4:34 PM.

Being alone in a cold tent sucked.

You were able to sneak out of it for some supplies, clothing, and a few furniture items, but then you would retreat back to your tent. Villagers from the town would try and visit, but you feigned sickness to get them to not come in. You know that this excuse will not last long, and you wonder how you were going to keep them from being infected like your old town was.

You had to not care for them. But you could already feel it; you cared for them a bit. Mitzi had brought you a sweater. She hadn't bothered to bug you, but she left it, folded neatly, at the tent door. It was super warm, and made the tent more bearable. And Isabelle, this morning, had left a note with several items (some peaches, a watering can, and a fishing rod) with a note. "I hope you feel better soon!"

They were nice and caring and you were going to be the death of them.

Knowing you can't feign illness for long, you come out of the tent and stretch. You then notice a new house, one that hadn't been there previously. Wonder who that is, you think, and before you can really stop yourself you are in this new villager's house.

P0elGv7.jpg

She calls herself Sprinkles. Your first thought is that that name is the oddest one you've heard. But it sort of fits how she looks, you realize. Her upbeat attitude immediately rubs off on you, and you leave the place grinning. You then go and pay off your down payment on your house, and grab a fortune. The cookie is the best you've tasted (or at least, it's the best thing you've had for a few days.)

FVbf13c.jpg

o9ED8D3.jpg

Isabelle stops you before you re-enter your tent (Soon to be a house, though you doubt that Tom Nook works that fast. Your mind flashes to the idea of house-building ninjas, and you snort in laughter. Isabelle gives you a weird look in reply. You can't really focus on what she's telling you. Something about a Town development permit...??

295pAAm.jpg

January 7th, 1:27 PM

The rumor mill has started about you, it seems. You catch a whisper of it before Mitzi and Big Top see you and stop. They think you are a runaway from one of the destroyed towns near Vinetown. Apparently the destruction of the town affected several others, as well. A little town called Da Burbs, and several others. You don't recognize the names, but you think you've seen the flag of one before (It's a... satan star? You remember the Mayor of that town was a big metalhead, anyway.) You are amazed at how close they are from the truth.

YARu8hX.jpg

IoONVwp.jpg

Mp4vECs.jpg

Maybe it's because of this rumor, though, that you enter the Town Hall to see a stack of new papers on your desk, and a very happy Isabelle. "You should have your Town Development Permit in the morning!" She happily exclaims.

T9WjKvu.jpg

Well... you might be able to enjoy yourself for this year. You just have to not get too attached, is all. You think you could do that.

N9LLEVt.jpg

Latibule Day 7 ~

- Garden shop opened!
- Started funding/payed off the Outdoor Chair
- Got three badges from Phineas (one for 50% of fishing encyclopedia and two for the 50% and 80% of the diving encyclopedia)!
- Walt got cursed
- Felicity nicknamed me H-Star (not great but better than the two Goose was suggesting - Beefcake and Cleats)

I finally built a bridge, and I just noticed this horrid rock in front of it. The bridge is just temporary so it's fine, though. I also paid off the other bridge but that picture is still on my 3DS and I'm too lazy to upload it today. Off topic, Poppy is my new favourite villager! I think she's adorable. I also got the Club Tortimer membership and met a girl from Japan on it, she was really sweet and we did a couple of tours before I unfortunately had to leave. She seemed really young so I didn't want to add her because I didn't want to make things weird.

WVW69j-D2gAWxEI-BZ.jpg

Well, I've been rather lazy with my desire to make another blog entry, so I'll post some things here ;A;

I paid off the second loan on my house, will probably resist upgrading again for a while
Visited ol' Tortimer down at the docks, so I can visit the island and get that money
The Gardening Shop opened~
Invited Vivian to be the 10th resident of Pink
Started the Campsite PWP nothing donated so far...
Etoile and Claude have since moved-in
I've had Gulliver and Franklin again at the RV grounds... Gulliver is the most boring by far @@

I think that's about it for now!

I also summoned Marty, requested he live in town, and kicked out Klaus in the process - YAY FOR THE UPDATE! <3

I also summoned Marty, requested he live in town, and kicked out Klaus in the process - YAY FOR THE UPDATE! <3

ahahah i'm so jealous for the forced move out option! I know a few of my villagers I want out :'D I think Marty is the cutest of the sanrio ahhh <3 congrats

- - - Post Merge - - -

I finally built a bridge, and I just noticed this horrid rock in front of it. The bridge is just temporary so it's fine, though. I also paid off the other bridge but that picture is still on my 3DS and I'm too lazy to upload it today. Off topic, Poppy is my new favourite villager! I think she's adorable. I also got the Club Tortimer membership and met a girl from Japan on it, she was really sweet and we did a couple of tours before I unfortunately had to leave. She seemed really young so I didn't want to add her because I didn't want to make things weird.

View attachment 191937

oh whoa that rock is permanent! i had no idea they can be placed so close to bridges. is this an update thing you think? or has it always been like this and I just never noticed? poppy is super cute :3 :3

ahahah i'm so jealous for the forced move out option! I know a few of my villagers I want out :'D I think Marty is the cutest of the sanrio ahhh <3 congrats

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh whoa that rock is permanent! i had no idea they can be placed so close to bridges. is this an update thing you think? or has it always been like this and I just never noticed? poppy is super cute :3 :3

I've no idea! When I was building it I thought that there was nothing under since it wouldn't let me build the bridge, but I guess this is new. I actually haven't played ACNL for months before this challenge so this update is completely new to me, when I noticed I could sit on rocks I was so confused lol!

Latibule Day 8 ~

- Kyle is moving in!
- Cyrus woke up!
- Invested 400k in turnips!
- Completed initiatives
- Walt suggested the drilling rig (which I am definitely NOT building)
- Phil healed himself but got cursed again!
- Felicity got cursed

Back