• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Mafia 1984 Mafia: TOWN WINS!

SarasaKat if you would have voted Ender i might be there with you but why would you vote Labelle over Ender ?

7 minutes after i posted this he argued and then posted this.. getting us to all play the switching game... he didn't want Sarasakat to start the switching game to him maybe.

I'm moving to Labelle. I'm doubting myself suddenly but I'm prettttty sure Sarasa's question of who else is mafia is actually town.

7 minutes after i posted this he argued and then posted this.. getting us to all play the switching game... he didn't want Sarasakat to start the switching game to him maybe.
Interesting...

Ender, can I ask what exactly makes that question so town? Like, I see how the answer benefits town and asking it points to town, but I only really gave it a lot of thought because you made a big deal out of it, otherwise I wouldn't have taken much stock in it, since Kat's asked tons of questions this game, most of which could be read the same way.

It's only a few hours until lynch, Ender says 'I'm doubting myself, I'm voting LaBelle', and all of you switch over without question. Please forgive me for being salty when I'm being lynched to prove another's innocence and the word of one person.

Ender, I want to hear from you. From what I've seen, your only reasoning is "Kat is innocent, therefore it must be LaBelle." Yet you questioned Kat pushing the "Must being an experienced mafian" thing. I already warned that taking that as word could be the end for us.

I guess my question is, why are you voting for me instead of someone you scumread?

you come back and defend yourself and then 3 minutes later he post this...

I am willing to switch to Bloo if enough people are up for it.

maybe he's just trying to pick off whomever's not there to defend themselves ?

- - - Post Merge - - -

how many times have i showed and pointed out suspicious behavior from Ender ??? ever since the very beginning I've been getting a scum read on him sure they may not be big things to totally prove that he is mafia BUT he is a very experienced player like i have said before and he would know how to not give big clues to him being shady.

"i am willing.... as in ill do it if others follow to get them lynched ? as in he has not real reference in who gets lynched cause he knows its gonna be town either way ?

The lack of caring who gets lyched here and wether or not its a town member or not is a bit worrying to me i mean he can argue that he didn't have time but how long does it take to vote 4 sec ? we all changed our vote like 3 times in the last few minutes.

maybe he figured his vote and our following votes would be better left on LaBelle to get her lynched cause she is a more experienced player who might easier seek him out as mafia ?

I've had a funny feeling and with little evidence Ender has been coming across a little funny to me this whole time.

That was called "Panic-mode Ender".

I only knew one thing. I was pretty damn sure Sarasa was town. I have no real strong reads on Labelle/Bloo. I THINK Daniel townslipped.

Therefore, I'll be honest, between Labelle and Bloo, I didn't care. Because I wanted one of them lynched. I'm pretty sure if we lynch the other one, we have mafia. We have the mislynches, so of course I don't care too much between the two people I think might be mafia?

Also Labelle has been townreading me pretty hard. Sarasa has questioned me more. Why would I not just get Sarasa killed?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Umm. Yes. Because if I'm scum I totally need to lynch Bloo?

Like. Okay. Here's the question I want YOU to answer. WHY would Scum!Ender change lynches. What motivation do I have to leave Sarasa/Labelle alive. Bloo has literally been sheeping me this entire game. If I wanted to lynch someone dangerous to me, which is what you stated earlier for my change to Labelle, why would I suggest the move to Bloo?

As for time. I literally had to run out the door. And if I switched, then Sarasa was in danger of being lynched. That was my main goal in that day phase. I did NOT want Sarasa dead.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Interesting...

Ender, can I ask what exactly makes that question so town? Like, I see how the answer benefits town and asking it points to town, but I only really gave it a lot of thought because you made a big deal out of it, otherwise I wouldn't have taken much stock in it, since Kat's asked tons of questions this game, most of which could be read the same way.

Sarasa is defending herself(?), in a situation where she's trying to prevent her own lynch, the sort of defeatedness is almost what I expected from scum.

But there is no motivation to ask that question. Most scum don't think to ask questions like that when dying. The LAST remaining scum will occasionally play for after the night phase, so it sounds like they are town. (Lynch x after me. Etc) but more often then not, they don't ask questions which lead to positive information flow. A question like that is very highly likely town. (I was also rereading and getting a funny feeling I was wrong too but yeah.)

Like, it's possible that scum!Sarasa said that, but I will honestly be VERY surprised.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Because Sarasa hadn't already said, when I switched, that she wouldn't ever vote me.

Please reread before throwing baseless accusations out. I know how easy it can be to suspect experienced players, but when conjecture/suspicions are counter-acted by IN THREAD posts....

- - - Post Merge - - -

how many times have i showed and pointed out suspicious behavior from Ender ??? ever since the very beginning I've been getting a scum read on him sure they may not be big things to totally prove that he is mafia BUT he is a very experienced player like i have said before and he would know how to not give big clues to him being shady.

How many of those have been false calls.

Let me try to remember. You suspected me for a vote that I stated I would do before the game. You've suspected me for being nervous about a switch that Sarasa had stated was never going to happen...

If you're so suspicious of me, why do you follow my vote?

- - - Post Merge - - -

This post makes sense, and I'd agree with you, except for one point - Ender was the one to suggest me in the first place. Assuming there are two mafians, if Ender is mafia that would make Kat town. If the goal was to lynch town, why even bring me up? Why not just let us all lynch Kat?

Unless... Ender knew we would likely switch to Bloobloop. Do that, and if Kat's theory is correct, you still have three people to pick from instead of two. If it didn't work, either Kat or I would've been lynched - still losing town (assuming in this scenario, that Kat is town and Ender is mafia). So in making that play, there's no loss for him either way.

Sarasa is the only one who is holding to that theory. Why would I be scared of it as mafia? Let's say I was mafia, why wouldn't I just let Kat's lynch go through?

Sarasa is now dead. No one else was really ascribing to that theory. Daniel/Labelle/Bloo are now all strong candidates to be lynched, and I haven't pulled a crazy move involving changing the lynch at the last second.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sorry about the stupidly long merged-posts above. I'm not in the mood to be suspected at the moment. Not when we have such a good chance of victory.

Umm. Yes. Because if I'm scum I totally need to lynch Bloo?

Like. Okay. Here's the question I want YOU to answer. WHY would Scum!Ender change lynches. What motivation do I have to leave Sarasa/Labelle alive. Bloo has literally been sheeping me this entire game. If I wanted to lynch someone dangerous to me, which is what you stated earlier for my change to Labelle, why would I suggest the move to Bloo?

i said maybe you're trying to lynch whoever is easiest...

Wait.... What is a townslip?

Also who is the main suspect? I don't think we should be jumping to conclusions here like what we did with Bloo.

i said maybe you're trying to lynch whoever is easiest...

How was letting Sarasa die not easy?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wait.... What is a townslip?

Also who is the main suspect? I don't think we should be jumping to conclusions here like what we did with Bloo.

Townslip = An unconscious choice of wording or information that is something the mafia would know better. This CAN be faked, of course. However it's hard to fake it convincingly.

When I say Kat's theory, I mean that there's one 'experienced' mafia player left on the mafia team to compliment Slammint, a new player (i.e. myself, Ender, or Kat).

Just noting I really dislike this post.

@Sarasa:
What do you think of the chance that Daniel faked that townslip because he saw Rune get townread for exactly the same thing?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Possible.

I wanted to ask why do you not like my post?i was just saying that bring all over the place on who where lynching was wrong in the end.

It's little to nothing in terms of actual evidence but your post reminded me of a common scum thing. Where over-exaggerated emotion over a town-flip, forced because they were already aware it was a townflip, comes out sounding... very insincere and over the top.

School starts soon so I can't make some huge theory post rn, but I strong-read Ender as town. He's done too many things that would go against a mafian's win condition. He's also been pretty important in getting information around. This is something we discussed just last night - you all seem pretty forget.

I find it funny that everyone seemed to jump on Ender like a mob. New players, ok, but Labelle? Shame on you, you should know better.

@Potential that Daniel faked the Townslip I don't think he did. That would be some serious next-level strats from someone who has this as their first game. Him copying Rune is possible, but considering he's new, I doubt that he'd think that far ahead, especially since he can't even voice a reason behjnd his suspicions in the first place.

@Trying to stop me from potentially turning on Ender I had just said that I'd lynch Labelle before making that post that changed his mind.

@Daniel You said earlier that you thought Bloo was a 0 in your scum ratings. What made you change your mind regarding her?

- - - Post Merge - - -

forgetful*

Probably more corrections but its too early in the morning ;n;

@Sarasa

Tbh I don't think he did either. I'm just making sure you're not forgetting the possibility.

When I say Kat's theory, I mean that there's one 'experienced' mafia player left on the mafia team to compliment Slammint, a new player (i.e. myself, Ender, or Kat).

How was letting Sarasa die not easy?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Townslip = An unconscious choice of wording or information that is something the mafia would know better. This CAN be faked, of course. However it's hard to fake it convincingly.

That is true...you where the person who switched from Sarsa to labelle. I think a mafia who still try to kill the questioner in this game.

Daniel, if anything, I've severely questioned others, not Labelle. What makes you think Labelle's the "questioner" in this game?

School starts soon so I can't make some huge theory post rn, but I strong-read Ender as town. He's done too many things that would go against a mafian's win condition. He's also been pretty important in getting information around. This is something we discussed just last night - you all seem pretty forget.

I find it funny that everyone seemed to jump on Ender like a mob. New players, ok, but Labelle? Shame on you, you should know better.

@Potential that Daniel faked the Townslip I don't think he did. That would be some serious next-level strats from someone who has this as their first game. Him copying Rune is possible, but considering he's new, I doubt that he'd think that far ahead, especially since he can't even voice a reason behjnd his suspicions in the first place.

@Trying to stop me from potentially turning on Ender I had just said that I'd lynch Labelle before making that post that changed his mind.

@Daniel You said earlier that you thought Bloo was a 0 in your scum ratings. What made you change your mind regarding her?

- - - Post Merge - - -

forgetful*

Probably more corrections but its too early in the morning ;n;
I'm going to classes soon too so I won't be able to give my reads it then.
But I had zero radar on bloo because she didn't post anything before. But after I read the 2 posts she made, I found it as very susipious, especially that if she was innocent she would have posted more(even though she said she loved what was happening) which means that she was reading for some time now but never posted. But since she's a townie it's probably just that she didn't know what to say. But someone who barely posts is a waste of a lynch in my opinion.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Daniel, if anything, I've severely questioned others, not Labelle. What makes you think Labelle's the "questioner" in this game?

I'm saying your the questioner of the game, almost all your posts question something. I don't think this is suspicious to me but it would clearly make sure a target by the mafia. But ender didn't keep your lynch vote....but Trojan did...

Now on that matter(I can't really get you the quote in my phone) but they said they don't think your mafia yet they still had their vote on you. Maybe they wanted you dead and kept that vote to try to change our minds and join him.

Sarasa is the only one who is holding to that theory. Why would I be scared of it as mafia? Let's say I was mafia, why wouldn't I just let Kat's lynch go through?

Sarasa is now dead. No one else was really ascribing to that theory. Daniel/Labelle/Bloo are now all strong candidates to be lynched, and I haven't pulled a crazy move involving changing the lynch at the last second.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sorry about the stupidly long merged-posts above. I'm not in the mood to be suspected at the moment. Not when we have such a good chance of victory.

What do you mean why sarsa's dead and bloo can be lynched?
Sarsa still alive and bloo waslynched.

Seems like a town slip to me...or faking a town slip.

What do you mean why sarsa's dead and bloo can be lynched?
Sarsa still alive and bloo waslynched.

Seems like a town slip to me...or faking a town slip.

It was a hypothetical response to Labelle.

Labelle was theorising that I may have moved the lynch to Bloo because of the "Must be experienced player" theory, and therefore I was mafia trying to keep 2 other experienced players alive. My response was that post, it was a "Okay, this is what would've happened if I was mafia, and I didn't pull it off Sarasa."

Entirely hypothetical.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I know I said hypothetical probably too many times. RIP

I just woke up so not quite all there yet, but not exactly sure what you're referring to? How have I jumped on Ender? I brought up a possibility in response to Panda.

Okay so the people left are:
LaBelle
Ender
Panda
Sarsa
Trojan
And me.
With Sarsa's theory the most likely Mafians are ender,LaBelle, and Sarsa. But I cannot just skip over Panda and Trojan. I will read back and write my reads when I get home.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Most likely to be mafian*

Back