• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

10th villager is not a camper?!

mon-chou-crossing

Bells
Switch
1367-8841-0606
I have 9 villagers. I loaded up my game today, not expecting something special but then I see that there's a new house plot? A new house plot for the tenth villager, but I haven't had a camper in ages and I haven't talked to any camper to move in? Plus, the animal that's moving in (Frita) has never been in my campsite. I thought you could only have a camper as tenth villager?:eek:

Your tenth villager can also come from another town. If someone has visited you or you've visited them you can get a tenth villager even without asking anyone to move in.

Last edited:
Ah well. ^-^ You could try and get her out, of course. I dunno why people think Frita's weird.

Who doesn't like a walking meal?

Well, I don't TT so I'll just wait for someone to move out... I think Frita's kind of cute, could have been worse :)

Oh, I'd be thrilled, I love Frita! :D this is good to know, though, because I also thought the 10th villager would be a camper.

Your tenth villager can also come from another town. If someone has visited you or you've visited them you can get a tenth villager even without asking anyone to move in.

This is what what I don't understand. I never counted my villagers, and when one of mine was asking to move out, I saw I had never reached 10 villagers since I started the game. Even though I had campers and I had tons of people visit and I visited tons of people. I even had some streetpasses but I never had a 10th villager until I had set up to ask someone to move in from another town...
How did I go so long without getting one?

This is what what I don't understand. I never counted my villagers, and when one of mine was asking to move out, I saw I had never reached 10 villagers since I started the game. Even though I had campers and I had tons of people visit and I visited tons of people. I even had some streetpasses but I never had a 10th villager until I had set up to ask someone to move in from another town...
How did I go so long without getting one?

Did you ask the campers to move in?
Also if the village your talking about is Termina, I just counted up the villagers in your sig and there are 10.

Last edited:
Did you ask the campers to move in?
Also if the village your talking about is Termina, I just counted up the villagers in your sig and there are 10.

I didn't ask the camper to move in, but what about the villagers from the other towns I visited, or streetpassed? I had 9 villagers for over a month and I did a ton of trades and visiting in that time.

I have 10 now because I asked Peggy to move in when I saw I only had 9. She just recently moved in.

I didn't ask the camper to move in, but what about the villagers from the other towns I visited, or streetpassed? I had 9 villagers for over a month and I did a ton of trades and visiting in that time.

I have 10 now because I asked Peggy to move in when I saw I only had 9. She just recently moved in.

If you want it from another town, you just need to wait.

You can only get a villager from another town if they have one in their "outbox" -- if they have connected with any other town before you then their outbox will be empty. It still seems unusual that you didn't get one for so long but it's certainly possible.

Back