Gaming Week starts now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'll usually announce it a decent bit before it happens, as long as you check back semi regularly (once a day or so? maybe twice, once in the morning and at night?) you should be more than safe to catch the announcement of when exactly the restock will happen (assuming there's an announcement giving the date and time again)

Quick question since I'm blind as a bat and can't seem to locate an answer: When is the drawing for these tickets going to happen?

anyone else notice how pinky is the only arcade collectible that lists its release event+year in the description?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Quick question since I'm blind as a bat and can't seem to locate an answer: When is the drawing for these tickets going to happen?

sometime shortly after the shop closes

Thanks for the restock, finally got my favorite collectible. :D Good thing that I didn't go to bed 5 minutes earlier...

My patience was rewarded. Managed to get the other collectible I’d been wanting. ^_^ Thanks staff!

Do you know when the 5 raffle tickets for collecting all 18 tickets will be distributed?

I'm just not sure about it so I thought I'd ask for an update, I'm not even really sure how to check if I have it.

Thanks a lot for hosting this event by the way! I had a lot of fun!

The shop will be closing Thursday night (EST) and the raffles drawn shortly after. Tomorrow (Wednesday) we'll distribute placement bells and have a closing post with the compiled list of winners from all of the events!

Thanks for playing!

We hope you all enjoyed our two weeks of TBT Gaming Week! Thank you to everyone who participated in each of our events. Here are the results!

Ties were included together in the same tier, even though it's unusual to do it this way, so more people could win some bells! If you're interested in the full lists of results, please see the individual event threads linked to in the first post.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Tournament
FIRST PLACE: toadsworthy went 23-2 for 115 points - 600 bells
SECOND PLACE: shawo went 19-5 for 90 points - 300 bells
THIRD PLACE: Miharu went 14-11 for 70 points - 100 bells
CLOSE ONE: Halloqueen went 14-10 for 65 points

Pok?mon Sword/Shield Tournament
FIRST PLACE: Chibi.Hoshi went 14-2 for 70 points - 600 bells
SECOND PLACE: toadsworthy and Miharu both went 11-5 tying with 55 points - 300 bells
THIRD PLACE: shawo went 11-4 and Amilee went 12-2 tying 50 points - 100 bells
CLOSE ONE: soundgarden went 11-3 for 45 points

Mario Kart Deluxe 8 Time Trial Competition
FIRST PLACE: shawo at 1:23.966 - 300 bells
SECOND PLACE: Paperboy012305 at 1:24.016 - 150 bells
THIRD PLACE: Khaelis at 1:25.816 - 50 bells

Splatoon 2: Salmon Run
FIRST PLACE: ethre with 550 golden eggs - 300 bells
SECOND PLACE: President Lerina Cute with 388 golden eggs - 150 bells
THIRD PLACE: shawo with 299 golden eggs - 50 bells

Discord Trivia
FIRST PLACE: shawo and Trundle tie with 5 points - 300 bells
SECOND PLACE: Miharu with 4 points - 150 bells
THIRD PLACE: Verecund with 3 points - 50 bells

Game Night Bonus
These members played in at least 6 sessions, earning the 100 bell bonus:
shawo
toadsworthy
RoyNumber1
You got mail!
Jacob
Chibi.Hoshi
Paperboy012305
Antonio
duckykate
Flyffel
Byngo
Halloqueen
Heyden
digimon
p e p p e r
Coach
Rosetti
Monkey D Luffy

TBT Arcade
GAME NAME / FIRST PLACE / SECOND PLACE / THIRD PLACE
Winners get: / 120 bells / 60 bells / 20 bells
Breakout / Zura / soundgarden / xSuperMario64x
Fishy / Zura / seliph / soundgarden
Simon / digimon / xSuperMario64x / Maiana
Goldminer / Shadowboo / Irishchai / Coach
Space Invaders / soundgarden / Zane / kiwikenobi
Tetris / LadyDestani / kiwikenobi / will.
Asteroids / CuteYuYu / toadsworthy / Zura
Snake / Thunder / AkatsukiYoshi / meltydoll
Hexxagon / Verecund / hestu / seliph
Helicopter / Trundle / Maiana / Zura

Gaming Week Completionists
These members were able to complete the very difficult task of earning all 18 tickets, which means they will be given 5 extra Final Boss Feather raffle tickets:
toadsworthy
shawo

All bells have been distributed. Please make a Contact the Staff thread if you think you may be missing any bells or tickets. The bonus feather raffle tickets mentioned above will be added to the list before the winners are chosen, so they won't be seen in your inventory.

Special thanks to all of the staff who helped host the events!

As this was our first Gaming Week, please let us know what you thought. Future Gaming Weeks won't have the Arcade, so they'll have to focus even more on console games. We tried a few different new things that can be made even better in the next one.

Don't forget that the Shop will be closing tomorrow (Thursday) night, so be sure to spend all of your tickets by then. The raffle winners will be drawn shortly after.

will those raffle tickets just be put in our inventory?

thank so much! I thoroughly enjoyed this event and how close it made the community feel. Loved playing splatoon nights!

I got first in something and I feel accomplished. Thanks you again staff for hosting the event!

Thank for the week. I really enjoyed Arcade as an alternative way to earn tickets, though if you do future one, something on-site that is not required to have a Switch should be included, not everyone got/can afford one etc. Yes I know it's a gaming site but either implement another arcade thing or eg. include Pocket Camp as you did for the Halloween/xmas events :)

Thank you for the event! I really appreciated being able to earn a nice prize for myself despite the fact that I didn't have a Switch. I'd actually never played the Arcade before, as the Fair in 2017 had so many other fun things to distract me with. It was an overall relaxing way to pass the time. :)

A lot of forum members couldn't participate in most of the events, myself included. Many don't own a Switch, don't have Switch Online, or own the games needed for the tournaments. While I was recently given a Switch for Christmas I don't have Switch Online nor do I own most of the games. The Arcade was okay but considering I could only have earned 4 tickets I wasn't interested in playing.

To me this was the least inclusive, least exciting event since I joined TBT and considering the Arcade won't even be around to be an option in the future I'm not really looking forward to when the next Gaming Week rolls around.

I agree with Valzed, and I kinda miss the fair where you could do lots of things (even though the staff faves could be better at some points) since you didn't need to prioritize games if you didn't have it and still earn big moolah. Though I understand it might need more preparations I don't think it's good to have that few options for non-owners...

And yes I know I have a choice to enter things or not so inb4 that, it's not the point here. Also I think anyone who got at least something right from trivia should have gotten one ticket considering how spammy it is honestly. But good work otherwise and gonna be bit sad Arcade will left behind :3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back