Mafia The Murder of Woodpines Oregon - Game Thread - Endgame

Status
Not open for further replies.
And whatever the results are, I think Town did an awesome job to pull together so well in the position we were in after N1.

- - - Post Merge - - -

its fun, why not lol :)

Okay then, carry on!

(It's not my idea of fun, and it seemed like a bad time for an argument to break out, but as long as everyone's alright then Idk!)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't care, even!

- - - Post Merge - - -

if we got scum i'm gonna be so proud of myself

I think you ought to be proud of yourself NO MATTER WHAT THE RESULTS ARE. Obviously winning would be ideal, but come on - look at what you did. The very first Blue role you had, and you managed to hold Town together + suss out leads + keep things on track instead of derailing hopelessly. You led Town and you did an awesome job!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Uh oh. My little dude just woke up. I got longer here than I thought I would!

The Final Night (Endgame)
July 16th, 2004

For whatever reason, the atmosphere of the town was oddly serene. The murder case of the mayor was still unsolved, but everyone was quiet. It was a peaceful day of the citizens going about their day to day lives, until suddenly a large announcement comes up all over the news:

"BREAKING NEWS! The Mayor's murder has been solved! Police have linked the killers to local residents Phillip Oswald, Brandon Richardson, and the mayor's former wife Sadie Lovitt, as well as the formerly arrested Derick Turnbull.

According to chief policeman Franklin Dennis, he stated today: "We had already known that Turnbull was one of the killers, so it was only natural that we could use him to link it to the others.
We found that the formerly mentioned Pig was none other than Brandon Richardson. He was visiting citizen's homes at night and killing them, as we had already known. We then linked him to Phillip Oswald and Sadie Lovitt."

The town was finally at ease, the police had found the killers and everyone was safe. According to one of the mayor's friends before his death, Matthias Rose, stated today that he would be running for the mayor's office in memory of his lost friend. Mr. Rose had also brought up the mayor's step daughter, Nea Fowler, to say that she publically endorses Mr. Rose in memory of her lost step-father and in memory of her lost mother, Gracie Parker.

While everything was seemingly okay in the end, the 3 real killers collectively smiled in glee at the events that had occurred. Matthias Rose could finally gain his long awaited mayor chair, Nea Fowler was finally rid of her abusive step-father, and Franklin Dennis could rise up in ranks from a promotion made by Matthias Rose. Yes, everything would go their ways from here on out...

Mafia Wins
Congratulations to Amanda1983, Farobi, and PandaDarling.
Congratulations to glow as well, as she is a joint winner.

1,How experienced are you?
Amateur
2.Are you town-sided?
No :lemon:
3.What's your preferred alignment?
Town/third party I'm weak as scum
4.Who's in the mafia team?
Amanda, Farobi, Panda

Amanda1983:
Amanda1983 said:
Matthias Rose: As a long time “friend” of the mayor, you’ve always been on his side. It wasn’t until you both ran against each other for the mayor position that caused you to hate him so much. You lost the election to him by only a small percentage of the vote, causing you to feel as if your loss was unfair. As such, you decided that you would kill him to gain the mayor position immediately. You’re the one who committed the kill on the mayor.

You are a Godfather. Due to your overwhelming political support and as a former friend to the mayor, almost nobody thinks that you were involved with the murder. As such, you return town to any investigations cast upon you. So long as you are alive in the game, mafia’s KP will be at 2. Should you die, the KP will drop to 1.

You win once you equal or outnumber the town.

Farobi:
Farobi said:
Nea "The Pig" Fowler: When your biological father passed away when you were a preteen, it had a huge impact on your behavior. As such, you grew up to be a delinquent. When your mother remarried to the mayor when you were 15, you almost immediately grew to hate the man. He never loved you, in fact he verbally abused you almost everyday. One day when an argument went wrong between the two of you, he began to slap you repeatedly. The incident was covered up by his wealth, but you began to seek revenge on him. Your role in the murder was to lure him into your truck and drive him to the Woodpines police department where he would be killed.

You are a 2-Shot Mafia Ninja. After several years of dodging the police, you’ve learned how to get around unnoticed. Whenever the mafia chooses their kills at night, you may use your ability on one of the two kills to be completely undetectable during the kill. You are the one who commits the kills at night.

PandaDarling:
PandaDarling said:
Franklin Dennis: You’re a corrupted policeman of the Woodpines Police Department. After several years of being at the academy, you began to sympathize with the culprits caught and would often let them go unpunished. You were paying the mayor to keep quiet about this hobby of yours, until one day he decided that he would charge you an abysmal fee. After Matthias Rose had heard about what the mayor was charging you, he asked if you would be interested in helping with the murder of the mayor by lending him a jail cell at the police department. Your role in the murder was to provide Matthias a safe, undetected place to kill the mayor.

You are a Roleblocker. Thanks to your political support from one of the town’s politicians, Matthias Rose, you have the ability to jail anyone you want at night by implanting fake evidence on them. During the night, you may target one player. Should that player have an ability, then it will fail for that one night.

Locket:
Locket said:
Lynn Summers: A hotshot actress starting her career in Woodpines Oregon. Last year, the Mayor attended one of your plays. After it was over, he posted on his social media accounts that your performance was “pitiful”. As such, your career was affected tremendously and you are close to having your dreams be ruined. You’ve always resented the mayor for this, but you are completely innocent.

You are a Jack of all Trades. You have been presented with three 1-shot abilities. At night, you may choose between: 1-Shot Inspection of a player, 1-Shot Heal, and a 1-Shot Vigilante kill.

You win once all threats to town have been eliminated.

Dedenne2:
Dedenne2 said:
Lt. Phillip Oswald: A retired navy lieutenant who has been in Woodpines Oregon for several decades. As a 67 year old man, you have met just about everyone who has lived in the city. You also happen to have a bit of political support from people in town. Due to this, the mayor didn’t particularly care much for you, as you stole some of his supporters. Nevertheless, some citizens speculate that you had a role in the murder of the mayor to attempt to run for mayor in the future.

You are a Doublevoter. During the day phase, you can send a PM to the host to cast a second vote on a player of your choosing.

You win once all threats to town have been eliminated.

Antonio:
Antonio said:
Sadie Lovitt: An athletic woman who was the mayor’s first wife. You were together for 3 years and divorced after having learned that he was cheating on you for some other woman. To rub salt in the wound, the court gave him most of the belongings the two of you had acquired of the years due to his political power. As such, you’ve resented the mayor ever since. People have accused you of being involved with the murder of the mayor.

You are a Vanilla Townie. You have no other abilities other than your voice and vote. You win once all threats to town have been eliminated.

Toadsworthy:
Toadsworthy said:
Brandon Richardson: You’re a fairly ordinary man who works as a newspaper editor. While you haven’t particularly had anything exciting happen to you your entire life, you do have a passion for politics. You were close friends with the Mayor when the two of you went to college together, but the mayor stabbed you in the back saying that your indie newspaper company The Daily Tragedy was horrible on his social media. Since then, you’ve several articles about how the mayor is a politically corrupt man. While you had no involvement in his murder, you alluded in your recent newspaper that Woodpines would be better off without him. Thanks to this, citizens now believe that you might have had a role in the murder.

You are a Vanilla Townie. You have no other abilities other than your voice and vote. You win once all threats to town have been eliminated.

Biancasbotique:
Biancasbotique said:
Barney Wallace: You're a depressed man in his mid thirties. Nothing has really went well for you in life; your wife left you, you're $8000 dollars in debt to college loans, and you're working minimum wage at a deadbeat warehouse job. It's since then that you turned to alcoholism to make yourself feel less pain. Unfortunately, it was your alcohol that lead you to be a top suspect of the Mayor's murder. On the night of the murder, you were drunkenly walking past the murder site with a pocket knife in your back pocket. It's because of this that citizens suspect you to have a role in the Mayor's murder.

Unbeknownst to Bianca, she was secretly an Unaware Drunk. During the night phase, she would randomly visit any player currently alive at that time. The visit would do nothing, but it could be seen by watchers.

Final Words

Thank you for playing my corny little murder mystery game! My main goal for this game was to try and improve my host meta with roles and such, so I tried to step a little bit outside of my comfort zone by trying blue roles that have never made appearances in my games.

While this game did lack a bit of a core “godfather” figure, I think overall the game did okay without one. I rolled the playerlist in RNG several times until I got one that I thought overall would be balanced. I figured that it would be a little bit nice to take a step away from the “godfather theory” and see how town would do if it wasn’t applicable.

I also tried to focus this set-up around movement, as that was the case with Vanessa being watcher but she died so quickly. I considered giving Locket a watcher ability as well, but I was worried that it might confirm her as town should she claim. In fact, Biancasbotique was actually an unaware drunk who would randomly visit players at night without hers or the other player’s knowledge. While the visit wouldn’t do anything, it would serve as the equivalent of a miller should Vanessa had seen Bianca visit someone.

Overall, I think where town went wrong was that a lot of bad logic was used and not enough people went outside their comfort zones with who could and couldn’t be scum. I saw a lot of things saying:

“There is no way the double voter can be town, just look at the blue roles!” - there were only 3 blue claims when this was said. Don’t assume someone is scum based on the context of the role.

“I think X is town because they played like this in RHOM” - this is bad logic because while it can be used efficiently, if no proof is provided you’re essentially clearing someone based off of half the reasoning you could have.

“I don’t think X is scum because it’s not how i feel they would play as scum…” - Once again, bad logic. You shouldn’t take “ehhh idk if they would play this way as scum” over analysis. Read into how a player has played a game and then form an opinion, just saying that you don’t think they’d do such a thing as scum is worthless, because what if they are actually doing it?

“Hurry hurry, X is scum! We have 15 minutes put your votes on them!” - Of course I’m referencing the waffles lynch here, but glow literally provided no reasoning for waffles to be scum other than “hmm they’re not playing like they normally do”. Don’t blitz lynch on D1, ever. If you’ve already collectively chosen who to lynch, then it is far better to lynch that person because you’ll get more information out of it.

And overall, please don’t follow someone because they’re a good player. Glow is good, but nobody dared challenge “Waffles is scum!” simply because she’s considered “godfather tier” or whatever. Read and analyze why a lynch is occurring before you join it.

“I’m okay with my lynch because overall I think it will help town” - this is bad, just really bad. If you’re town, you need to defend yourself from a lynch. Town is usually only allowed 2 mislynches in a standard 15 player game for the first two days, if you’re town then you are directly allowing a mislynch to happen. Don’t just let your death happen; calmly explain why you are a bad lynch and suggest someone else instead.

“I think the JoaT is scum!” - JoaT is a role that can be proven as town. All Locket needed to do was successfully get a vig shot out and that would prove her as town.

As a whole, I think this game was a bit of a learning experience for everyone. The scum team got to have scum roles for the first time in a while, and town has things that they can improve on as well. And thank you for being a part of my mafia game!

Last edited:
ay gj scum, even if it felt kinda obvious in obvs chat u managed to fool town

also this game was all my fault, i had no idea doc was able to heal themselves, live and learn i guess

- - - Post Merge - - -

also amanda did u only like my posts to appear like u were my friend or did u actually like them? my fraglile self esteem needs some assurance here

town feels so damn powerful?????

anyway good game

i feel like ness was yelling at us the whole time lol

very disappointed in myself with amanda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back