• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Island Tune/Town Tune Maker - Make Town Tunes for Each Other

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwikenobi

GONE FROM TBT
Bells
I AM NO LONGER RUNNING THIS THREAD, BUT PLEASE CONTINUE TO MAKE TOWN TUNES FOR EACH OTHER IF YOU WISH

I ran a Town Tune Maker thread for New Leaf for years HERE, and now that New Horizons is here, and town tunes still work exactly the same, I decided to start a new town/island tune maker thread here! So if anyone has a song they'd like me to help them turn into the town tune format, just ask! Whether you're playing New Leaf or New Horizons or any other Animal Crossing game, the tunes I make will work the same in all of them!

PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE REQUESTING

RULES:

1. SEARCH this and the previous Town Tune Maker thread to see if your town/island tune is already made

2. Post a LINK (preferably Youtube and NOT extended) so I can hear your song

3. Specify which SECONDS of the song you want made into a town/island tune

4. Requesting is FREE! Anyone can make as many requests as they like (LIMIT 3 PER DAY)!:)

5. PEOPLE WHO MAKE POSTS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW THE RULES WILL BE POLITELY ASKED TO READ THE RULES AND POST AGAIN WHILE FOLLOWING THEM

LONGER EXPLANATION OF RULES:

Rule 1.
Please use the "SEARCH" feature--in both this and the New Leaf edition of this thread, which is HERE--to see if I've already done a song that you want. I've done hundreds of requests, so it's possible a song you want is already made. When you're in the thread you want to search, click on the "search" button and select "this thread." Like this:

Untitled 2.jpeg

Rule 2. If you have a request, please post a link to a sound file or a video with the song in it so that I can hear it.
This will also ensure that you will absolutely 100% for sure get the correct song that you want, when I search for songs myself, I sometimes find the wrong one.
(Youtube is preferred, and non-extended videos are preferred as well; it makes it easier to find and replay the few seconds that you want made into island tunes if the video isn't really long. Try clicking on an exact second that you want in a half-hour or longer video. It's much harder than on a five-minute one.)

Rule 3. You can specify which seconds of the song you would like done, if you have a preference.
Please note that Island Tunes are generally able to contain about 2-5 seconds of a song in them. If you don't specify particular seconds of a song, I'll usually just choose whatever melodic bit of music plays first. I'm rarely familiar with the songs people request, so please do not say "do the chorus" or anything similar, because I won't always know what the chorus is for every song. ^o^;>

Rule 4. I make island tunes for fun, and because I like to help people who might have a hard time making them on their own. I don't require any form of payment. I don't have any particular use for TBT bells or anything like that. So you can just say "thank you." :)

HOW TOWN/ISLAND TUNES AND MY NOTATION FOR THEM WORK:

In both town and island tunes, there are only seven different tones that can be played, A, B, C, D, E, F and G. There are no sharps or flats. There are a low and a high version of all of the notes except for F, which has only one, right in the middle. I'll specify whether the notes are the high or low version if I create a island tune for you.

- means a sustain (the straight line mouth frog note) and z means a rest (the sleeping frog note).

EXAMPLE: (Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival Main Theme)

1607045097963.png

This would be notated as:

G-CBC--A
G---zzzz

High G and A, low C and B.

(Please be warned that some songs might be in a particular key or at a speed that makes it impossible for them to sound right in the town tune format, although I'll do my best with every request.)

Any requests? Anyone can make as many requests as they like (limit 3 per day). :)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thank you so much for sharing your time and your talent with us!!

I would really love a small cut from this song, starting at 0:16 (https://youtu.be/rFIuIAKVnfw?t=16). It is the song of a game I played everyday when I was a kid, and a country from this game has been the name of my town for like 9 years.

Thank you again!

Last edited:
Here is "Man On The Moon":

CDFGA-CC
-A-G-E--

High A and G, all other notes low.

Here is "Babydoll's Last Dance":

CECECECE
CECECECE

All the low notes or all the high notes will work. That part of that song is not especially melodic; most of what makes it sound like what it is, is how the chords in the background sound with the repeating pairs of notes in the forefront. This was what I was able to do with it using the town tune format, which can only play one note at a time.

Here is "Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones - Main Theme":

D---G-B-
B---E---

Low D and E, high B and G.

Here is "Yuru Camp△ OST - Beautiful Anime Music":

GcCcBC-c
DdBC---z

Lowercase letters are low, uppercase letters are high. I don't normally like notating town tunes this way, but sometimes it's more clear, even though I think it's much harder to read.

(Also, I love Laid-Back Camp SO MUCH! :D)

Here is "Final Fantasy X OST : To Zanarkand":

AACEABC-
--zzzzz

Second A, first C, and E are low. All other A's and C's, and B are high.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Here is "Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Theme":

B--B--BC
B--B--BC

All the low notes or all the high notes will work.

Here is "Massive Attack - Angel":

CCCCCCCD
CCCCCCCD

Here is "Yuru Camp△ OST - Beautiful Anime Music":

GcCcBC-c
DdBC---z

Lowercase letters are low, uppercase letters are high. I don't normally like notating town tunes this way, but sometimes it's more clear, even though I think it's much harder to read.

(Also, I love Laid-Back Camp SO MUCH! :D)

Thank you so much! It sounds great!(*’∀’人)♥

(And yay! So glad to meet another person who loves Laid-Back Camp!
I'm hoping to achieve the same warm cozy feeling in my island.)

Here is "Man On The Moon":

CDFGA-CC
-A-G-E--

High A and G, all other notes low.

Here is "Babydoll's Last Dance":

CECECECE
CECECECE

All the low notes or all the high notes will work. That part of that song is not especially melodic; most of what makes it sound like what it is, is how the chords in the background sound with the repeating pairs of notes in the forefront. This was what I was able to do with it using the town tune format, which can only play one note at a time.

Thank you!!! & Yeah I figured that one would be difficult, but heck if I didn't ask, I'd have regret.

Here is "Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Theme":

B--B--BC
B--B--BC

Here is "Massive Attack - Angel":

CCCCCCCD
CCCCCCCD

Thank you so much!

This is awesome and so generous of you!

If possible, I would love the start of the Stephen Universe theme song from the first few series - 'WE, are the Crystal Gems, we''ll always save the day' or however much of it you can fit?

Thanks so much, let me know if that makes sense :)

When I saw this thread I thought I must have accidentally clicked on the New Leaf board again but to my surprise I didn't. I think it's great that you are offering this service again for NH! I don't have a request though, the only one I would have had was already asked for years ago in the original thread.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jcYzZjIpSek

Hey! Thank you so much for doing this, I was hoping to get the perfect town tune and always sucked at making these. I have two requests, but from the same song linked above, if that?s okay?

I?m hoping for the very first part of the song, whatever you can fit, and secondly a town tune of the :22 sec - :26 sec? If that is too much, :24-:26 would be fine. I don?t really know what will fit, but whatever you do in that area of the song will work fine!

I really appreciate your help!💜

Ryantcairns, please post a link to a sound file or a video with the song in it so that I can hear it, and specify which seconds of the song you would like done, if you have a preference.

Antonio, I believe the song you mentioned is a rap song, and rap songs are typically not melodic enough to turn into a recognizable town tune, since they are usually more like rhythmic speaking than singing. That said, some rap songs have more musical parts in them, so if the song you want has that, please link to it and tell me which seconds the more musical part plays during, and I can make it into a town tune for you.

Here is "Ode to Joy":

E-E-F-G-
G-F-E-D-

High G, all other notes low.

Here is "Persona 3 OST Velvet Room":

DEFDEFDE
FDEFA---

High A, all other notes low.

And:

CFEFCFEF
CFEFCFEF

E and the last C are low, all other notes are high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back