Smash Bros Your views on "For Glory"

I'd like it if there was an actually decent matchmaking system such as maybe how many wins you may have or a skill evaluation. Yet now I'm dealing with Yoshi's, so many Yoshi's...

(Not all Yoshi's are bad just sayin')

I think FG 2v2's can be pretty fun but that depends on the lag and if everyone is decent at the game.
Pretty rare for that to happen but I still prefer bad 2v2's over 1v1's in FG.

I think FG 2v2's can be pretty fun but that depends on the lag and if everyone is decent at the game.
Pretty rare for that to happen but I still prefer bad 2v2's over 1v1's in FG.

2V2s on For Glory are so much more fun than 1v1s IMO. The only option I choose to do on For Glory are 2v2s, not free for all or 1v1s :)

I used to think I was pretty good at the game. I wreck shop using Yoshi against the CPUs.

Then I got schooled by a Jigglypuff on For Glory mode and realized I'm way too casual for that.

I used to think I was pretty good at the game. I wreck shop using Yoshi against the CPUs.

Then I got schooled by a Jigglypuff on For Glory mode and realized I'm way too casual for that.

Jigglypuff is a little OP anyway, I wouldn't sweat it ;)

For Glory is great. The players are not. The spammers, constant rollers & dodgers, the grabbers. It becomes unbearable and I just really can't stand it sometimes. As a reflex I have to spam moves to counter their moves that once I'm against a decent fighter I end up spamming and just making a fool of myself.

For Glory is great. The players are not. The spammers, constant rollers & dodgers, the grabbers. It becomes unbearable and I just really can't stand it sometimes. As a reflex I have to spam moves to counter their moves that once I'm against a decent fighter I end up spamming and just making a fool of myself.

Yes, and sadly Link is infamous in For Glory now thanks to projectile spam and whatnot. If I ever play For Glory and see a Link as my opponent, I just DC on purpose even though the game makes me wait 15-20 minutes before doing another match. I'd pay money to see someone play Link who is actually good with him while not using any projectiles. :)

Last edited:
I'd like it if there was an actually decent matchmaking system such as maybe how many wins you may have or a skill evaluation. Yet now I'm dealing with Yoshi's, so many Yoshi's...

(Not all Yoshi's are bad just sayin')

I believe that the tournament mode can be used for a matchmaking system. Since the tournaments require a code, you can ask players of around the same skill level to play in a tournament.

As for FG Yoshis, I agree with you. A lot of the Yoshis I see are either egg spammers or they just rush and attack. I even use Yoshi against these players too. You would think people online would learn after watching my Yoshi in action. So many FG players are giving Yoshi a bad name. As you can see, I rate other Yoshi players more harshly if they are doing the same ineffective strategies....

Yes, and sadly Link is infamous in For Glory now thanks to projectile spam and whatnot. If I ever play For Glory and see a Link as my opponent, I just DC on purpose even though the game makes me wait 15-20 minutes before doing another match. I'd pay money to see someone play Link who is actually good with him while not using any projectiles. :)
this
this is how i feel about link players on FG.

I usually go into 2v2s or FFA instead of 1v1 because it's harder to effectively spam in 2v2s which makes it a bit more fun. I think they should put Non-Omega Battlefield in FG and a few of the other flat/flattish stages with platforms into the game (Yoshi's Island stage, Town and City, etc etc so that instead of just going 'What is the A button' some matches would be fun. Or if there would be some type of a mechanic that would make using the B button too much in a match would make the move slower/slow the projectile or have it do less damage.

Some have the argument that if you can't deal with spammers you need to git gud, and in some cases that's true (such as spamus) but really the best thing to do for projectile spammers is to just play villager. Even if they're already villager because you can pocket a lot of Villager's moves (Fair, Bair, Side Smash, Dash, side b, water from down b, tree from down b, block of wood/food from down b) And most of them are very powerful.

this
this is how i feel about link players on FG.

I usually go into 2v2s or FFA instead of 1v1 because it's harder to effectively spam in 2v2s which makes it a bit more fun. I think they should put Non-Omega Battlefield in FG and a few of the other flat/flattish stages with platforms into the game (Yoshi's Island stage, Town and City, etc etc so that instead of just going 'What is the A button' some matches would be fun. Or if there would be some type of a mechanic that would make using the B button too much in a match would make the move slower/slow the projectile or have it do less damage.

Some have the argument that if you can't deal with spammers you need to git gud, and in some cases that's true (such as spamus) but really the best thing to do for projectile spammers is to just play villager. Even if they're already villager because you can pocket a lot of Villager's moves (Fair, Bair, Side Smash, Dash, side b, water from down b, tree from down b, block of wood/food from down b) And most of them are very powerful.

Yes, I agree. While spammers like Samus and Lonk are annoying, Villager can counter them easily. :)

I played team For Fun with a friend and... it was actually fun. Nobody spammed, everyone played normally and wasn't trying to flaunt after every kill. I didn't even care when we lost, since the matches were good matches.

For Fun>For Glory

FG to me is this

Spamus/Zero Skill Spamus, Campy Lonks/Toon Lonks/Rob the For Glory Link, Admin the For Glory Pac-Man, Little Mac, Craptain Falcon, Pew-Pew animals, Campy Fit Trainer, Noss, Zorlda, Sanic, Luggy and then there's people who are actually good at the game

The way I see it, is if someone/everyone uses a similar strategy to get their wins, and someone isn't able to beat them or find a way to overcome such a rampant playstyle - it just shows that person isn't as good at the game as they can be.

It's called For Glory, It's not For Fun; people want to win.

I see so many people trash talk Samus players saying things like Spamus and whatnot, but really, if what they do works, then why not? If you want a really fair and intense 1 v 1 where nobody does anything considered cheap, then For Glory is far from the place to be looking. Somewhere like here or Smashboards would be a better, and less frustrating, place.

You don't play For Glory for fun, realistically, you play it to win and improve.

-snip-
You don't play For Glory for fun, realistically, you play it to win and improve.
Unless you're a fun-ruiner and go as mega man and only use the mega buster moves
or go as an only f-tilt villager

Yeah, I enjoy pretty much cancelling 50% or 75% of other moves and doing minimal knockback. It makes their loss that much saltier.

Last edited:
FG to me is this

Spamus/Zero Skill Spamus, Campy Lonks/Toon Lonks/Rob the For Glory Link, Admin the For Glory Pac-Man, Little Mac, Craptain Falcon, Pew-Pew animals, Campy Fit Trainer, Noss, Zorlda, Sanic, Luggy and then there's people who are actually good at the game

How can people camp with Sonic, Luigi and Zelda?

Zelda's one of my mains and I've literally never seen anybody online misuse her ever, whereas I see hundreds of Captian Falco, Samus and sh!tty Pitt players all the time

I like For Glory. It's fun, and it was exactly what I wanted when I heard there was going to be a new smash games. I do not like how the match making is done, though. It's torturous having to sit through a 10 minute laggy match just because both me and my opponent are too proud to kill ourselves to get the torture over with.

What I don't like about Glory is that because of how it's anonymous some children take this as a perfect opportunity to play like a utter and complete scum. If you're one of those people that constantly side steps away from your opponent to get away from them and then spam projectiles, then stop playing smash. If you're playing like that then it's proof that you're not having fun with the game and you just want very greedy and dirty +1s on your win record.

PS For glory IS for fun. Every element of smash brothers is supposed to be for fun, and if you're not having fun then why are you playing it? Smash bros isn't a chore, it's a game.

Last edited:
^
|
|
Sonic: SideBSideBSideBSideBSideBSideBSideBSideB
It's done in tournaments too. Watch Static Manny.

Luigi: Down Throw spam.

Zelda: Teleport spam.

Back