Your thought's on cloning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJjeff20

Bells
I really don't see the harm in taking advantage of glitches people find in a game and having fun with it. I understand that there are purists in AC that want to stick to the flow and go with the game, but finding cheats and glitches is all part of the fun and makes the game more interesting IMO. Cheats, glitches and such date back to Contra for the NES where you would imput the infamous Konami code to get extra lives to beat the game. Anyone else wanna weigh in on this?

Last edited:
To be honest,I did clone with some friends but I know that cloning is kinda bad for the game because cloning was a thing that all started in New Leaf and in your opinion DJ,I don't really think that Cheats and glitches for New Leaf is not that fun. Even when its hacking the game.

Duping is technically not allowed on these forums. There's people who are obviously doing it, because there'd be no way they'd be getting practically infinite supply of rare, non-orderable items otherwise. But it seems like the moderators are OK with it if no one really discusses how to do it or blatantly says they're doing it.

Me personally, I don't dupe. I don't want to risk losing my saved game. I admit I've bought/traded for some of the rare holiday and non-orderable DLCs from people I'm 99% positive are dupers, but considering you can't get these items any other way in general, I consider it OK for that stuff.

I try to get stuff as legitly as I can though. I don't judge people who do glitching or duping or anything for any game. It's just my gamer pride that I want to try to work hard and get things.

I agree, I am a purist but I am fine with duping and I love doing glitches, but I've never really studied the glitches in ACNL. My favorite game for doing glitches is Mario 64, there are so many things you can do with glitches in that game.

Yeah for rare items I don't see the harm I guess. But I do see the point in the saved game corruptions that have been happening because of it. A majority of my house and my trophy's and prizes from the post office and tourneys were obtained legitly. Some nonreorderables like the 711 set were glitched for me, but I really haven't done it lately much anymore because of what I'm hearing from people about corruption. I worked too hard on my town to lose my save :,(

I don't really care if people dupe. Some people are kind and give away these duped items, but some people sell them to get millions of bells, there's a big difference in that. It does kinda of ruin the economy, but I only don't like it when they try to sell for millions, I mean you can't say no to a giveaway :p

I dont care if you dupe or not, i see them in the same league as TTers tbh (which isnt a bad thing ;) )

i've done it. not even rare things sometimes, just things that i need a lot of in a short amount of time. i dont sell them to anyone, i just horde them all to myself. but like i'll give them to people for free if they ask.
ive only duped things for my town/famous mushrooms to have fun with
and then i think i duped my gold axe twice for friends

I don't really care too much about it. I admit I have cloned Items for my friends a few times. Never to sell though.

There are people who like it and there are people who don't. However, the Bell Tree does not condone duping/cloning. With that said, I will be closing this discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back