Your opinion on something....

Here's an idea: set age restrictions on certain threads.

Anything that the OP is worried about being offensive to anybody could just tag it as NSFW and it would only appear to people registered under a certain age.

but then that means people have to put their age, and you could just lie anyways :l

Well, young kids mostly play AC these days.Most people on here just chat with each other for fun, but just remember to keep things SFW for the kiddos :)

but then that means people have to put their age, and you could just lie anyways :l

Yeah age restrictions on websites just don't work. There's another acnl site that only allow teenagers of a certain age and there's many young kids still on there. It's pretty obvious who they are (because they tell you...doh) and the mods don't do anything as it would mean banning too many of their users.

I don't really mind them as long as they are mature enough to make normal conversation and keep their cool under pressure. It can get annoying when some kids only have self-pity and overrexagerate small things when they don't go their way. I also find it strange when they state their age without anyone asking in the first place (why would we need to know?).

i think it's fine. as others have mentioned, acnl is a pretty kid friendly game, and i doubt they're seeing anything too innappropriate on this website anyway. i remember being on kid game forums when i was 12. as long as they're not REALLY annoying, it's all in good fun. though personally I'm not tryna be friends with someone a decade+ younger than me lol

based on my experience on gamefaqs, i dont really trust them

The entire social justice movement is defined by its intolerant, immature stupidity over the pettiest things. Luckily the worst of them have gone or toned down their BS and while some remain they are easy enough to ignore. And if they're triggered...

df6.gif

Let them throw a temper tantrum and be the bigger man. ;)

Yeah true, and some are too easy triggered for real and/or act really miffed if you say the "wrong" things about them. Kinda fun to see how the internet has changed over the years but I guess all those cisspool community sites does it too :] Not to stray too off-topic, but yeah.

Also about the censor thing, if people thing it's a good thing to remove the i in that certain word... let them I don't think people are severely harmed by it to be honest. And as for their IRL behavior I think they are "harmed" from the start anyways.

I don't really mind them as long as they are mature enough to make normal conversation and keep their cool under pressure. It can get annoying when some kids only have self-pity and overrexagerate small things when they don't go their way. I also find it strange when they state their age without anyone asking in the first place (why would we need to know?).

Yeah I'm not too sure why some state their age randomly when it's irrelevant to whatever they're posting on. Unless they think it's going to make a difference to somebody giving them a villager or something.
I've had somebody pretty much trying to guilt me into giving them a villager for little or nothing only a couple of weeks ago, not sure how old they are but they're school age. I'm sure it can happen with older tbt users too but it seems to be more common amongst the younger people. Just tend to ignore it as I wouldn't like to upset anybody but it can get a little annoying if they won't drop it :(

Yeah I'm not too sure why some state their age randomly when it's irrelevant to whatever they're posting on. Unless they think it's going to make a difference to somebody giving them a villager or something.
I've had somebody pretty much trying to guilt me into giving them a villager for little or nothing only a couple of weeks ago, not sure how old they are but they're school age. I'm sure it can happen with older tbt users too but it seems to be more common amongst the younger people. Just tend to ignore it as I wouldn't like to upset anybody but it can get a little annoying if they won't drop it :(

Wow people do that here? That's kinda lame if they do just because you happen to be older and you should "treat" them. But yeah ignoring things is probably the best idea here, or just block them if they become too annoying.

And yeah it can probably happen in any age-group, like older people acting immature as well so yeah I think it's down to their personality rather than age in most cases even if I can def. see that some younger would because they can act spoiled.

As long as their parents are ok with it I suppose it is fine. I don't mind censoring myself to keep the boards child friendly. It isn't the worst thing in the world.

THE PROBLEM HAS GOTTEN WORSE I know notice why Sheila has said it's too child catered. THEY WILL FIND OUT EVENTUALLY ONE WAY OR ANOTHER???

Back