Pavé
Timmy Christmas Doll
Yellow Candy
November Birthstone (Topaz)
Candy Corn Halloweaster Egg
Purple Candy
Tasty Cake
Red Cosmos
Yesterday I posted a survey for people to rate the NH hourly music and while I didn't get a ton of responses, I wanted to share what I did get! You'll be able to see the most current results when you finish! Please post here your opinions so this post doesn't get buried, that way more people can take the survey :)

TAKE THE SURVEY HERE (all the hourly tracks are linked within the survey for easy listening): RIGHT HERE!

As of May 18th, 2020 7:00pm
Perfection: 9.1-10
Almost Perfect 8.1-9

-5am (8.47)
Great 7.1-8
-2am (7.83)
-12pm (7.80) v
-6pm (7.80)
-5pm (7.65)
-7am (7.40)
-7pm (7.08)

Good 6.1-7
-10am (6.97) v
-1am (6.92) v
-12am (6.88) v
-8am (6.85)
-4pm (6.80) v
-11pm (6.70)
-10pm (6.65)
-6am (6.63)
-9am (6.58)
-11am (6.53)
-3pm (6.53)
-8pm (6.47)

-9pm (6.30)
-4am (6.25)

-3am (6.20)
A Little Above Average 5.1-6
-1pm (5.95) v
-2pm (5.50)

Average 4.1-5
A Little Below Average 3.1-4
Bad 2.1-3
Awful 1.1-2
Unlistenable 0-1

Green means the rating increased from previous update.
Green with '^' means it jumped to the next tier.

Red means the rating decreased from previous update.
Red with 'v' mean it fell down a tier.

Black means the rating did not change from previous update.

Previous update: May 10th, 2020

I can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts on the tracks!

Last edited:
Bump.

When you vote don’t forget to post here to let everyone know your favorite and least favorite!

My favorite is 5am or 10am
My least favorite is 2pm or 4pm

I like most of it. My favourite by far is 6pm. It just sounds so nostalgic to me. The only piece I hate with a vengeance is 2pm. I just can’t stand it XD

5pm and 12pm are my favorite. I'm not so gucci with the rest ngl.

I like most of it. My favourite by far is 6pm. It just sounds so nostalgic to me. The only piece I hate with a vengeance is 2pm. I just can’t stand it XD

I don’t think I’ve heard 2pm enough to be completely annoyed with it, but it definitely gives me the same vibes that 4pm does.

6pm I LOVED when I first heard it and while I still like it, it gets a bit repetitive for me.

EUzWkHEWoAUbUq9

I did your poll a few days back, was fun to do!

I made this tier list a while back so I really stuck to this when doing your poll. Reflects my opinions. I think I'd move 2PM to F now because I've had enough of it tbh and just don't play at 2PM anymore.
I tend to like melancholy music so WW's and NL's soundtracks resonated with me so much. I'm not really enjoying this game's soundtrack tbh.

** My opinions only. **

I'm so surprised so many people like 3am music that it's even above the 2pm music. That one just makes me want to turn off my sound or hole up at home until it's over

I like most of the music but the standout is 5pm for me. The rest are mostly forgettable, but i think 3 am(?) grates on my ears and I officially stop playing cause I can't listen to that for an hour.

fun little survey. my results ended up something like;
my favorites;
5am
8am
11am
12pm
5pm
2am

my least favorites;
1pm
3am

and the rest were ok or average.

kinda surprised 2pm was unlistenable to like 4 people lol. tho imo i find the song forgettable at best.

EUzWkHEWoAUbUq9

I did your poll a few days back, was fun to do!

I made this tier list a while back so I really stuck to this when doing your poll. Reflects my opinions. I think I'd move 2PM to F now because I've had enough of it tbh and just don't play at 2PM anymore.
I tend to like melancholy music so WW's and NL's soundtracks resonated with me so much. I'm not really enjoying this game's soundtrack tbh.

** My opinions only. **

That tier list is a good idea! I might have to make one and then look back in a few months and see if my opinions have changed.

While I do like NH’s music and definitely don’t hate any of the tracks, I agree that the past games’ music I enjoyed more overall. My favorite being WW/CF.

I was suprised to see 2pm top 3am. Then again both sound as ear jarring, so it didn’t matter In the end which one is the top bottom on the list.

5 a.m. - 10/10. One of the best in the game imo. I love humming along to it. Only thing I don't like is how it's the first song after the day rolls over. Makes me feel like the hourly music was made before the decision to move the rollover time back by one hour was? It reminds me of 5 a.m. in NL, one of my favorite NL hourly songs because like NH's it prepares you for the start of the new day. It's not the new day yet, but it's anticipating the sunrise/new day with joyful expectation. But that's not the music's fault it doesn't line up the same anymore.

6 a.m. - 5/10. Like the world is starting to wake up a little more, you've got your normal villagers starting to run around... not memorable, but it does its job. Again, would feel more right if 6 a.m. was still the rollover time.

7 a.m. - 8/10. Honestly I really like this one. I like the upbeat percussion, it reminds me of the hustle of getting ready for school since classes started at 8. It uses the title theme without being too overbearing like many other tracks are. Catchy.

8 a.m. - 3/10. It's not unbearable, just one of the less inspiring tracks. The infamous screechy synth doesn't help. Has a few nostalgic tones to it I might've heard before in say WW, but they don't really redeem it. Doesn't have much of its own character.

9 a.m. - 4/10. If not for the synth I might've ranked this one or two steps higher. It's better than 8 only because it doesn't feel quite as unoriginal, developing a melody that remixes the title theme a little more subtly. This song makes me want to go check the shops. Ik Nook's opens at 8, but this feels like prime "go shopping" time to me LOL.

10 a.m. - 7/10. I like the trumpet. We could stand to have a little more of that trumpet, less of the synth. Reminds me of elevator music a little. Calm, chill.

11 a.m. - 3/10. Is it the slow pace I don't like? The combination of acoustic guitar with the bass? The generally unattractive, boring melody? Yeah probably all of those.

12 p.m. - 9/10. The Bop(TM). I like it better the way it sounds on my Switch Lite than on my computer - with less bass. I find myself swaying to it a lot. This is when I've been getting up to fix myself coffee lately. Anything associated with fixing myself coffee is likely bound to make me feel good. Simple, catchy rhythm. Nice.

1 p.m. - 5/10. I don't dislike it. There's just not enough substance to it to get me into it either. Like 6 a.m., it serves its purpose. It's background noise.

2 p.m. - 2/10. It gets its hate for good reason. That synth just comes out of nowhere and absolutely slaughters the chill groove it starts you up with. Is it meant to reflect the day feeling like it goes on forever and won't end? Because it succeeds on that front. Please end it.

3 p.m. - 7/10. It reminds me of the 3 p.m. (or was it 1 p.m.?) from Wild World with its bouncy rhythm. Also my friend the trumpet is back! Another tune to hum along to. Lots of character. Doesn't particularly stand out against the crowd, but still a good jive.

4 p.m. - 6/10. It's not quite memorable, but it's chill. I can groove to it. Melody isn't that catchy, but still pleasant-sounding.

5 p.m. - 9/10. It may not be as catchy as some other AC games' bops, but for NH it's one of the top ones for sure. Flavorful, definitely memorable. Conveys the pre-sunset effectively. It's the transition from the bright, hot afternoon to the soothing sunset.

6 p.m. - 10/10. Probably my favorite. The sun saying goodbye until tomorrow. That accordion sound from WW - ah! my heart! Best hourly track goes well with sunset being the prettiest time of day in NH. Just perfect.

7 p.m. - 6/10. I'm sad when this hour rolls around because I don't get to hear 6 anymore. But this isn't too bad. It's like the chill music they play through the speakers when the cool event thing is over and goodbyes have been said, this is what you walk back out into the world to. It grooves.

8 p.m. - 5/10. This is like 9 p.m. from NL. Which disappoints me a little because I miss the soulful 8 p.m. tune from WW, and the okay one from NL. The fanfare for the day is officially over by this point, sun's set, it's officially nighttime now, we're not gonna play you another sweet tune for it.

9 p.m. - 6/10. Memorable? No. I like the jazzy flairs of this one though - reminds me of 10 a.m. Good sneaking-up-on-tarantulas music.

10 p.m. - 5/10. Eh. There's a melody somewhere in there, but it's too short to hook me. But I'm fine hearing it. Does its job.

11 p.m. - 6/10. Same structure as the previous hour, but more somber and I like its short melody a little better. Reminds me of the night sky - nice to wish on shooting stars to.

12 a.m. - 8/10. Now this reminds me of 8 p.m. from WW! Calm, sweet, nice guitar, nice tune. It's midnight.

1 a.m. - 7/10. Soulful K.K. vibes. It swings that way. Sounds full. Sounds good.

2 a.m. - 8/10. The other sweet tune. I like it, but after a while the three guitar notes grate on you a little and you're grateful for the piano bit that lifts them off for a few measures.

3 a.m. - 8/10. Ah, the obligatory "you're a clown for staying up this late" track. I guess it's like our favorite clown sheep himself, you either love this track or you hate it passionately. Me, I like it. For one it's a welcome change from 2 a.m., and for another even with the discordant notes I just find it funny. I love the "wah wah" saxophone/Peanuts sound. Nintendo laughs at me for being up that late, I laugh with them.

4 a.m. - 7/10. It fits its role as an early morning song. In this game it also has the added weight of being the last song before the day rolls over. It doesn't do that job as well as 5 a.m., but it's fine. You could go without ever hearing it and you wouldn't miss much. As long as you wake up for 5 at least once, haha. Also, I'm kinda glad this isn't a creepy track like NL's 4 a.m. was. Darn you, Aika.

My general opinion for why the music in this game seems to be more disappointing is that a lot of these songs just lack the catchy melodies with the pleasant arrangement earlier games' songs do. WW copied/remixed the main theme a lot too, but somehow got away with it not sounding annoying or repetitive - NH sounds less creative and more repetitive in that regard.

NH's music, as many people have pointed out, hearkens back to the Gamecube days where there's more action and funkiness in the music, which may in part explain that one synth we all hate. Still, I can't recall the PG songs being particularly grating to hear like NH's 2 p.m. is. The instruments were weird, but bearable. Charming, even. That synth? Not charming.

Last edited:
this survey made me realize i find most of the tracks to be average besides 5am, 6pm, 7pm, 11pm and 2am 0-0

3am is the only bop in the soundtrack.

But I don't mind the other music, I got used to it after a while <3

5 a.m. - 10/10. One of the best in the game imo. I love humming along to it. Only thing I don't like is how it's the first song after the day rolls over. Makes me feel like the hourly music was made before the decision to move the rollover time back by one hour was? It reminds me of 5 a.m. in NL, one of my favorite NL hourly songs because like NH's it prepares you for the start of the new day. It's not the new day yet, but it's anticipating the sunrise/new day with joyful expectation. But that's not the music's fault it doesn't line up the same anymore.

6 a.m. - 5/10. Like the world is starting to wake up a little more, you've got your normal villagers starting to run around... not memorable, but it does its job. Again, would feel more right if 6 a.m. was still the rollover time.

7 a.m. - 8/10. Honestly I really like this one. I like the upbeat percussion, it reminds me of the hustle of getting ready for school since classes started at 8. It uses the title theme without being too overbearing like many other tracks are. Catchy.

8 a.m. - 3/10. It's not unbearable, just one of the less inspiring tracks. The infamous screechy synth doesn't help. Has a few nostalgic tones to it I might've heard before in say WW, but they don't really redeem it. Doesn't have much of its own character.

9 a.m. - 4/10. If not for the synth I might've ranked this one or two steps higher. It's better than 8 only because it doesn't feel quite as unoriginal, developing a melody that remixes the title theme a little more subtly. This song makes me want to go check the shops. Ik Nook's opens at 8, but this feels like prime "go shopping" time to me LOL.

10 a.m. - 7/10. I like the trumpet. We could stand to have a little more of that trumpet, less of the synth. Reminds me of elevator music a little. Calm, chill.

11 a.m. - 3/10. Is it the slow pace I don't like? The combination of acoustic guitar with the bass? The generally unattractive, boring melody? Yeah probably all of those.

12 p.m. - 9/10. The Bop(TM). I like it better the way it sounds on my Switch Lite than on my computer - with less bass. I find myself swaying to it a lot. This is when I've been getting up to fix myself coffee lately. Anything associated with fixing myself coffee is likely bound to make me feel good. Simple, catchy rhythm. Nice.

1 p.m. - 5/10. I don't dislike it. There's just not enough substance to it to get me into it either. Like 6 a.m., it serves its purpose. It's background noise.

2 p.m. - 2/10. It gets its hate for good reason. That synth just comes out of nowhere and absolutely slaughters the chill groove it starts you up with. Is it meant to reflect the day feeling like it goes on forever and won't end? Because it succeeds on that front. Please end it.

3 p.m. - 7/10. It reminds me of the 3 p.m. (or was it 1 p.m.?) from Wild World with its bouncy rhythm. Also my friend the trumpet is back! Another tune to hum along to. Lots of character. Doesn't particularly stand out against the crowd, but still a good jive.

4 p.m. - 6/10. It's not quite memorable, but it's chill. I can groove to it. Melody isn't that catchy, but still pleasant-sounding.

5 p.m. - 9/10. It may not be as catchy as some other AC games' bops, but for NH it's one of the top ones for sure. Flavorful, definitely memorable. Conveys the pre-sunset effectively. It's the transition from the bright, hot afternoon to the soothing sunset.

6 p.m. - 10/10. Probably my favorite. The sun saying goodbye until tomorrow. That accordion sound from WW - ah! my heart! Best hourly track goes well with sunset being the prettiest time of day in NH. Just perfect.

7 p.m. - 6/10. I'm sad when this hour rolls around because I don't get to hear 6 anymore. But this isn't too bad. It's like the chill music they play through the speakers when the cool event thing is over and goodbyes have been said, this is what you walk back out into the world to. It grooves.

8 p.m. - 5/10. This is like 9 p.m. from NL. Which disappoints me a little because I miss the soulful 8 p.m. tune from WW, and the okay one from NL. The fanfare for the day is officially over by this point, sun's set, it's officially nighttime now, we're not gonna play you another sweet tune for it.

9 p.m. - 6/10. Memorable? No. I like the jazzy flairs of this one though - reminds me of 10 a.m. Good sneaking-up-on-tarantulas music.

10 p.m. - 5/10. Eh. There's a melody somewhere in there, but it's too short to hook me. But I'm fine hearing it. Does its job.

11 p.m. - 6/10. Same structure as the previous hour, but more somber and I like its short melody a little better. Reminds me of the night sky - nice to wish on shooting stars to.

12 a.m. - 8/10. Now this reminds me of 8 p.m. from WW! Calm, sweet, nice guitar, nice tune. It's midnight.

1 a.m. - 7/10. Soulful K.K. vibes. It swings that way. Sounds full. Sounds good.

2 a.m. - 8/10. The other sweet tune. I like it, but after a while the three guitar notes grate on you a little and you're grateful for the piano bit that lifts them off for a few measures.

3 a.m. - 8/10. Ah, the obligatory "you're a clown for staying up this late" track. I guess it's like our favorite clown sheep himself, you either love this track or you hate it passionately. Me, I like it. For one it's a welcome change from 2 a.m., and for another even with the discordant notes I just find it funny. I love the "wah wah" saxophone/Peanuts sound. Nintendo laughs at me for being up that late, I laugh with them.

4 a.m. - 7/10. It fits its role as an early morning song. In this game it also has the added weight of being the last song before the day rolls over. It doesn't do that job as well as 5 a.m., but it's fine. You could go without ever hearing it and you wouldn't miss much. As long as you wake up for 5 at least once, haha. Also, I'm kinda glad this isn't a creepy track like NL's 4 a.m. was. Darn you, Aika.

My general opinion for why the music in this game seems to be more disappointing is that a lot of these songs just lack the catchy melodies with the pleasant arrangement earlier games' songs do. WW copied/remixed the main theme a lot too, but somehow got away with it not sounding annoying or repetitive - NH sounds less creative and more repetitive in that regard.

NH's music, as many people have pointed out, hearkens back to the Gamecube days where there's more action and funkiness in the music, which may in part explain that one synth we all hate. Still, I can't recall the PG songs being particularly grating to hear like NH's 2 p.m. is. The instruments were weird, but bearable. Charming, even. That synth? Not charming.

I LOVED reading your review. Do you have a musical background at all, because it was quite the in depth analysis. I definitely have noticed that NH tracks seem a lot more similar in style than NL or Gamecube where the tracks varied a lot.

Side note; I updated the first post!

I LOVED reading your review. Do you have a musical background at all, because it was quite the in depth analysis. I definitely have noticed that NH tracks seem a lot more similar in style than NL or Gamecube where the tracks varied a lot.
Haha glad you enjoyed it, it was fun to write! I've never like studied it in depth or anything - most of what I know about music theory is just high school band and YouTube videos. I notice stuff going on in music but I usually don't have the proper words for it lol.

And yeah they do sound more similar to each other in NH! A lot of people seem to refer to that as the tracks blending into each other and not sounding distinct. I think of NL's and how the hourly tracks seemed to span multiple genres or styles even with the same instruments. Here it sounds more like songs on an album - they all sound more or less similar in genre/style.

Back