• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

YES!!!

Bulerias

Co-Founder of TBT
Retired Staff
Bells
Some of you may know my obsession with Neon Genesis Evangelion, the best anime ever. So guess what?!! The whole series is being remade into three movies, with a fourth movie continuing and ending the plot. Previously, there has been an ending in the series itself, but it was disliked by fans.

Then, there was a movie... which was also disliked by fans. So now they're making another. I loved the episodes AND the movie, so I see this as another excuse for more awesome films.

In any case the first film came out in Japan a week ago, and was a smash hit... I CANNOT WAIT until it comes here!!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-...6-september-1-2

dragonflamez said:
Meh, I'm fine with Digimon Savers D:
That wasn't even a good joke. Neon Genesis Evangelion is the best anime ever. There is no competition. Most animes are superficial and lack any kind of deep meaning and/or moral. NGE, on the other hand, has a crazy deep meaning that you could spend WEEKS digesting.

Bulerias said:
dragonflamez said:
That wasn't even a good joke. Neon Genesis Evangelion is the best anime ever. There is no competition. Most animes are superficial and lack any kind of deep meaning and/or moral. NGE, on the other hand, has a crazy deep meaning that you could spend WEEKS digesting.
AHEM.

I don't think its true.

Look at the critics, Full Metal Alchemist IS the best anime ever made. Period.

Bulerias said:
dragonflamez said:
I wasnt joking.

Well, kinda

:p

I still havent finished my .hack, so I'm kinda anim'd up

dragonflamez said:
Bulerias said:
dragonflamez said:
I wasnt joking.

Well, kinda

:p

I still havent finished my .hack, so I'm kinda anim'd up
.Hack is awesome.

My personal favorite.

ZERO_13 said:
Bulerias said:
dragonflamez said:
AHEM.

I don't think its true.

Massive lol.

Fullmetal Alchemist is way too new to be considered "the best". Plus... c'mon man... research the topic a little bit... the critics call Neon Genesis Evangelion the best anime ever. Not FMA.

Bulerias said:
ZERO_13 said:
Bulerias said:
dragonflamez said:
AHEM.

I don't think its true.

Massive lol.

Fullmetal Alchemist is way too new to be considered "the best". Plus... c'mon man... research the topic a little bit... the critics call Neon Genesis Evangelion the best anime ever. Not FMA.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fullmetal_Alchemist

I'm just now trying to watch anime from my childhood. Yesterday, I started watching Zoids on TV Links. I know it's not the best anime, but I used to be obsessed when I was younger.

ZERO_13 said:
Bulerias said:
ZERO_13 said:
Bulerias said:
dragonflamez said:
AHEM.

I don't think its true.

Massive lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neon_Genesis_...elion_franchise

"The series won the Animage Anime Grand Prix prize in 1995 and 1996."

Bulerias said:
ZERO_13 said:
Bulerias said:
ZERO_13 said:
Bulerias said:
dragonflamez said:
AHEM.

I don't think its true.

Massive lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neon_Genesis_...elion_franchise

"The series won the Animage Anime Grand Prix prize in 1995 and 1996."
The series won the Animage Anime Grand Prix prize in 2003. In September 2005, the anime was voted #1 most popular anime of all time in Japan in a TV Asahi web poll,[1] and was #1 again in 2006.[2] In 2005, Anime Insider named it "Series of The Year."[citation needed]

It was nominated in six of the eight categories for which it was eligible at the American Anime Awards in February 2007, winning awards in five of them: Best Long Series, Best Actor (Vic Mignogna), Best Cast, Best DVD Package Design, and Best Anime Theme Song (Rewrite by Asian Kung-Fu Generation). It was also nominated in the category of Best Anime Feature for Fullmetal Alchemist the Movie: Conqueror of Shamballa. Awards were given in twelve categories, and no other anime won more than two.[3]

UltraByte said:
I'm just now trying to watch anime from my childhood. Yesterday, I started watching Zoids on TV ]
The really older seasons of zoids were better. I used to be obsessed with it. But when they completely like changed it, it sucked. I never liked Naruto or any of that junk. .hack is okay for me. But the only anime I ever really like was Full Metal Alchemist.

:eek: I like .hack series, but for best animie ever, how could you ever not say Cowboy Beebop!

Honestly it was and is the best in my opinion. They ended it perfectly!

FMA is starting to go on too long, and the one Bul is talking about I never saw... but don't think it can be as good as Bebop. that was simply the best thing I had ever seen.

Sporge27 said:
:eek: I like .hack series, but for best animie ever, how could you ever not say Cowboy Beebop!

FMA is starting to go on too long, and the one Bul is talking about I never saw... but don't think it can be as good as Bebop. that was simply the best thing I had ever seen.
Don't assume things. It's also fairly easy to get into... 26 episodes.

Bulerias said:
Sporge27 said:

Don't assume things. It's also fairly easy to get into... 26 episodes.
one of my teachers said "Don't assume things, you make an *CEN-1.01-SORD* out of you and me."

Sporge27 said:

WTH.

FMA had only around 50 episodes and one movie to finish the series.

Back