• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Xenoblade Chronicles X

cool
also i made my character have blue skin with green hair black tips and yellow eyes the detail is pretty nice

It would have been great if along with all the different skin/hair/eye colors you could be one of the different species.

Being a Nopon or Manon would be kewl :p

That would be interesting! Though I can understand why they may want to refrain, for story reasons.

At least you can re-customize later. I've fallen into the "I can't pick my hair color" trap. Sometimes my eye color. Freedom is too much responsibility.

That would be interesting! Though I can understand why they may want to refrain, for story reasons.

At least you can re-customize later. I've fallen into the "I can't pick my hair color" trap. Sometimes my eye color. Freedom is too much responsibility.

Yea, I get why for story reasons too. I think that it would have been ultimately a bit unnecessary anyway since there's already so much in the game. I kinda only wanna see the armor variants they would have had anyway!

If they ever did any DLC for it (which is probably unnecessary, there's already more than enough content!), it would be neat if it had an option for Nopon/Manon/other species characters

I can't wait for the option to re-do my character to come up though! The hair tints I used aren't as noticeable as they were in the character creation screen compared to the main color. I actually forgot she had tints until an awkwardly close camera angle and now it's reminded me about them, I can't stop thinking about it!

I'm not too picky about everything else though. I use the 'same' character for everything, so she has a pretty standard look I try to go for now. Definitely stops me from falling into the "what hair color do I choose!?" trap to an extent :p

There actually is DLC, but the US release includes it as part of the game. I don't think there was any additional DLC on top of that.

I'm trying really hard to stay away from both black and silvery hair, because I already have characters like that. This is mainly because they're my favorite hair colors. Trying to make my girl into her own character, though. It makes things more immersive for me.

First time playing and after creating a character, I was like "OM#&)$(@G!!! This game is so beautiful! (especially for a Wii U game)". Are the data packs (10 gb in total, I think) necessary to enjoy/maximize the experience? Currently downloading them anyway though it will take time for me having only a decent internet connection xD

There's a noticeable difference in loading times when I play and when my brother plays. I have the packs,and he does not. Typically, the loading bar doesn't need to reach its destination when I play, unless I warp really, really far, or I warp into a really crowded map with a story mission going on.

Speaking of which, I got stuck on chapter 12 because my Skells aren't good enough. For the love of all that is amazing, make sure you bring in some decked out level 30 mechs, or wait until the characters are level 50, and bring in level 50 mechs. Maybe I just don't have the right weapons on my current ones, but since I'm so close to level 50 on most of my characters, I'd rather save up for the higher-level mechs than grind for weapons or invest in the level 30 ones. (And yes, the mechs have a 20 leve gap between then. You can't "level" them the way you do your character).

I kept changing my character's look, but I think I finally found one that I'm going to stick with. I know I don't have to, but it helps me immerse myself when my character has a set look.

WVW69iqPHiUqClqmPb

I have so many characters with long hair, so I tried the shorter end for a change.

First time playing and after creating a character, I was like "OM#&)$(@G!!! This game is so beautiful! (especially for a Wii U game)". Are the data packs (10 gb in total, I think) necessary to enjoy/maximize the experience? Currently downloading them anyway though it will take time for me having only a decent internet connection xD

They aren't necessary, but they do save a significant amount of time if you're using its disc as opposed to downloaded software. If you don't want to download all the packs, then I highly suggest you get at least the Basic and Player High-Speed Data Loading Pack. It's not a bad idea to go with Enemy Pack as well.
The Skell Pack doesn't save that much loading time, but it's worth for those who want to shave off a very few seconds.

Oh cool! I kind of noticed the loading times that the bar almost always have to reach the end (pre-patch), so probably I'll wait for the download to finish before continuing on with the game. Thank you, dapperlace!

And yeah, I'm using the disc copy. I could see why the Basic and Player High-Speed Loading Pack being high priorities over the others but I'll probably end up downloading them all because I tend to be OCD if I feel like something is missing. Thank you for the heads up, TheBigJC7777777!

@dapperlace. Your character looks really cute c:

Last edited:
Thanks! I hope I stop changing my mind about her looks. I'm really liking her like this though. I think this look has stuck the longest.

Finally got the redo character customization option :)

WVW69iqlaG0pZpG1ff.jpg

Everything's literally the same other than tints. I realized why I didn't do the tints the way I wanted to the first time. The blonde tints are either too green or not noticeable enough which is why I probably didn't bother at first, so this was a compromise since it didn't feel right without them ; - ;

And finally got my skell :p Wasn't expecting it to take 36 hours!

WVW69iqmO-Y2kKTg2C.jpg

First thing I did was color it pink and cover it in rockets. I am complete now.

Then my gamepad battery ran out, which I took as a sign I should take a break.

Haha, yes! The Skell takes quite a bit of time to get. I don't think I've heard of anyone getting it in less than 30 hours or game time or so. I thought about customizing the colors on the current ones, but I'm lazy, and as mentioned before, trying to see if I can get to the level 50s quickly enough.

I also notice that there's some kind of option to build the Skell Frames? But all of them are question marks for me, so I have no clue when I'd even be able to do that. It might be something where I need to beat the game's story, or find it through some other method, or hit some other level landmark. We'll see!

The prices of the level 50 Skell Frames though. Youch!

I also notice that there's some kind of option to build the Skell Frames? But all of them are question marks for me, so I have no clue when I'd even be able to do that. It might be something where I need to beat the game's story, or find it through some other method, or hit some other level landmark. We'll see!

I only came across this today. I never really looked at the option since I didn't have a Skell. They were all question marked though.

I've not actually 'built' anything so far. Everything's either question marked or I'm not even close to having the materials. It all seems like 'end game' stuff, like an MMO where you hit level cap and then it's all about getting better gear instead.

Level 5 Mechanical skill, oh yes! <3

Time to activate all remaining probes.

How do you even get to level 5?

It 'capped' at 4 but I've come across level 5 stuff, so I knew it went higher. I kinda just carried on 'as usual' assuming it will 'just happen'.

I just started and confused where to spend my BP on. I'll probably just leave them be or level the ones I'll be using often to at least level 3 (think I read that somewhere that it's the safest because it's still cheap). I plan to maybe max drifter then go to striker next. Not sure yet. I'm kinda overwhelmed at the moment haha

I only came across this today. I never really looked at the option since I didn't have a Skell. They were all question marked though.

I've not actually 'built' anything so far. Everything's either question marked or I'm not even close to having the materials. It all seems like 'end game' stuff, like an MMO where you hit level cap and then it's all about getting better gear instead.

How do you even get to level 5?

It 'capped' at 4 but I've come across level 5 stuff, so I knew it went higher. I kinda just carried on 'as usual' assuming it will 'just happen'.

You'll need to complete the "Off the Record" missions to get to the 5s. There's one for each field skill. They're all in riddles though, so it's a bit of a pain.

I believe you can find all of the solutions here.

The gathering bit was the more annoying part, since it was a high-rarity item. If the other two missions are similar, I hope my luck remains. It only took me about 30 minutes to gather what I needed, but I've seen comments where people take that long just to get the first. @.@

The tyrant I needed was a rare spawn too, so I had to pretty much spam the fast travel nearby to get it to show up. A lot.

I just started and confused where to spend my BP on. I'll probably just leave them be or level the ones I'll be using often to at least level 3 (think I read that somewhere that it's the safest because it's still cheap). I plan to maybe max drifter then go to striker next. Not sure yet. I'm kinda overwhelmed at the moment haha
I have some max only because of how often I've been spamming. So many skills to try, so many classes, and then there's the skills you can only get by doing certain affinity quests.

It's definitely a good thing to wait for a bit. At some point, you'll start finding BP like no one's business and it really won't be a problem, but until then, you can play it safe and keep a good chunk of it.

EDIT:
It's for a "super weapon". Its name is "Dragoon-Lance" and it's a back weapon. Unfortunately, I'm not level 50 yet, nor do I have the materials to build it. I'll get to it once I hit level 50. I'm nearly at 49.

Also, been looking for this song for a bit, it's one of my favorites:

Last edited:
I finished the story, finally.

Getting the last set of Skells is going to take many, many years.

same. i'm aiming to get the ares 90 to take out all superbosses, but you have to have a max storage of 100k miranium.. and most missions to get said probes have soooo many prerequisites
and the ending made me want to just burn my wii u god

The sequel bait was so strong, but there's so much to do, I guess I don't mind.

...Plus that new Elma look.

My play time currently is probably going to be grinding for a weapon that can be found in Sylvalum, so that I can THEN grind for the materials for the Ares 90. That thing looks so gooooood.

I have two level 50 super weapon blueprints so far, so I'm also running to every chest I see when I explore, haha.

I recommend being at 50 with some level 50 Skells, particularly because you're going to need to go through multiple fights. Be sure your on-the ground skills are honed as well, because there's going to be a point where your Skell fule will get almost immediately drained for...spoilery reasons.

Back