• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Xbox 3D Platformers

MiniPocketWorld

🌺💦🏄💦🌺
Bells
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Flimsy Watering Can
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Violet
Purple Violet
My nephew recently got an xbox and his birthday is coming up in a couple of months. After watching him play on gamepass on day, it appears he really likes 3d platformers. I know nothing about xbox, so hoping someone on here is familiar with xbox and what 3d platformers would be available on that console for a kid who is going to be 9.

New Super Lucky's Tale is really great. It's a cute game aimed at kids of that age, and it's pretty relaxed in terms of difficulty. I have the Switch version, but I think Xbox users have the choice between Super Lucky's Tale and New Super Lucky's Tale. I don't believe there's too much difference, but I can only tell you about New SLT since I've only played that version!

3D Platformers on Xbox seems to be somewhat of a niche genre. It has plenty of them, but it's not as if they're exclusives, though I do reccommend the N64 Banjo duology. You can get them separately, or buy Rare Replay that has 28 other games, along with Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie; Conker's Bad Fur Day being another notable (if a bit more mature and satirical) example. Since the compilation has 30 games on it, and was $30 when it came out — thus being cheaper as a result, I don't think you can go wrong with buying that instead. Not every game is a gem, but you at least get some fantastic games as a result, some of the best in the medium, I think.

I should mentioned that there's a spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie titled Yooka-Laylee, though I still recommend playing the Banjo games first.

As @Flicky mentioned, Super Lucky's Tale and New Super Lucky's Tale are both good starting points. They're not too daunting in terms of difficulty and they're fine for what they are. I spent a good amount of time collecting as many achievements as I could for both games, and I even managed to 100% at least one of them. Your nephew might have a better time with NSLT. The game was retooled to function more similarly to a typically 3D game with a 360° camera, and Lucky feels more natural to control. The levels are quite different from the ones in SLT, along with other noteworthy differences, so it's more than just an enhanced version of its predecessor.

Back