Wouldn't it be great to have a create-your-own-animal-islander feature?

GameFaceClive

Bells
Switch
6214-9926-3989
And you'd be able to design your very own AC denizen to live on your island. You choose the animal model, colors, facial features, personality, hobbies, outfit, house exterior & interior. It's totally doable since all of those details/features are available in-game anyway!

I think that's another avenue, beyond customizing your island, which allows NH gamers to foster an even deeper personal connection with the AC experience via the creation of an actual in-game character.

This is a pretty cool idea! Though I think introducing this would pretty much make island hopping obsolete for some, including me since I would probably be more inclined to just design ALL of my villagers.

Hard to imagine how they would implement it though, but it would be such an innovative idea. :)

I could be wrong, but I feel like they tried this with Blanca and it didn't end up very well. When you give people the power to create, they take it to the extreme... I can already imagine people hacking the game and giving their villager 6 arms .-.

Personally, I think that would be really cute~

If I could make a villager, I'd probably just end up making my cat.
It's a really cute idea and I feel like there would be a lot of unique villagers that would come from this!

This is a pretty cool idea! Though I think introducing this would pretty much make island hopping obsolete for some, including me since I would probably be more inclined to just design ALL of my villagers.
I was thinking that maybe you are only allowed to design one character - like after getting 5 stars or something like that.

It would be nice. It is actually a thing in New Leaf but only the hacking way and hackers can only see other custom villagers which is weird.

I was actually just thinking about this idea the other day.... that definitely could be doable. Especially when the personalities can be easily recreated. Seems like a good event for rover or blanca to host

What would stop people from just creating a clone of an existing villager? Like how Raymond can only be found via island hopping and doesn't have a card? Someone could just create a fake him and people wouldn't realize they'd be duped until they have the fake. Thus the trading community would be even more botched.

It sounds cool, but I already am thinking of ways people would abuse it.

What would stop people from just creating a clone of an existing villager? Like how Raymond can only be found via island hopping and doesn't have a card? Someone could just create a fake him and people wouldn't realize they'd be duped until they have the fake. Thus the trading community would be even more botched.

I'd imagine that you wouldn't be able to trade this resident. He/she would only be able to live on your island, and if you wanted them gone, they'd move out but be un-adoptable.

I'm not sure I'd use this feature. I kind of like meeting these individuals and learning their quirks, through their interests, house interiors, etc. They're not perfect, but they are who they are, and sometimes they surprise me! I like Biff and Gruff much more than expected.

I probably would have gone for this more in NL. I've been more laid back in my approach to NH.

And you'd be able to design your very own AC denizen to live on your island. You choose the animal model, colors, facial features, personality, hobbies, outfit, house exterior & interior. It's totally doable since all of those details/features are available in-game anyway!

I think that's another avenue, beyond customizing your island, which allows NH gamers to foster an even deeper personal connection with the AC experience via the creation of an actual in-game character.
This is such a cool idea!

I was thinking about this too
fake raymonds being traded ruining the economy and stuff

and also what about inappropriate villagers being a thing? :/ anyone thought of that

It's a cute idea, and I'd love to make a custom villager but I don't think it'd fit in the main game. It'd have to be in a spinoff where you're not playing a person living in a town, and instead you're like an unseen "god" like in Sims. Otherwise it gives you way too much control in a way that breaks immersion.
I don't see any in-universe justification for somehow creating a villager out of parts like you're Frankenstein. Like, does Tom Nook take you to a lab?

i don't know, so many proposed features i've been hearing about kind of take what is so unique about animal crossing and just turn it into another generic sims game but with a cuter art style. i like the quirks of each pre-created villager! it would honestly kind of ruin the game for me if i had the ability to just change whatever i didn't like about my villagers. too much control, like what cicely said, would just break the immersion.

Last edited:
I feel like this kind of feature would be awesome in something like the next happy home designer game or a new spin-off.
I do feel it would be kinda weird to implement in to a main game. Maybe I just lack the imagination but I can't figure out how you could do something like this and have it not break immersion.

I do fear something like this would spawn some really inappropriate creations though.

Back