• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Would you get all the Octopi?

How many Octopi are on your island/do you want?

• Total voters
I have Marina, and I think it'd be cute to have her and Zucker. I like them both, the only problem is that there are too many cute normals (I have 3 atm) and so I don't think I'll end up keeping Marina.

Zucker is my baby.
I had Octavian as I found him through a mystery Island but just couldn't connect with him for some reason so I let him go.
I actually thought I was going to love him but that wasn't the case.
I think Marina is pretty cute but not too interested in her tbh.

I don't think I would want all three of them at one time. I would have no problem moving in Zucker when Marina wants to move out even though I love her. I had Octavian on my NL town for a little while and didn't like him much, but I think he has a neat design. Zucker being an ice cream octopus is just cooler and Marina is adorable.
I believe Zucker is actually based off of takoyaki!

i mean “they disgust me” is a very unnecessarily harsh option, i don’t personally care for them but they don’t DISGUST me lmao.

I don't really like any of them.

I used to like Marina, but now when I see her all I see is Birdo:

220px-Birdo-MP9.png

Kinda miss an option like "I don't get any of them", as I don't plan to get any of the three, since I also already got all my favorite villagers together.

I have zucker currently. He was going to stay for good but now I think he’s going to move out as I’m not vibing with him the same way as I did in new leaf but I still love him. :)
Post automatically merged:

im personally not a fan of Octavian‘s design :)

I would love to give Takoya/Zucker an octopus friend in the form of Takorina/Marina, but I simply don't have space on my island for her...it was so hard leaving her behind when I found her on an island!

I only put "they disgust me" because there isn't a "eh, i like em enough but i have other villagers i prefer" option. Zucker was nice, i had him as my initial lazy, but i've never felt crazy excited about them. All the power to octopi lovers though, they just aren't my favorite

I would only want Zucker and Octavian. Zucker is a good takoyaki boy and Octavian fits the "kraken" spot on my mythic creature village despite his weird space theme. Marina on the other hand is cute but she doesn't seem to fit in with my other favorites

I only like Octavian. Marina is...fine, but not my style and Zucker creeps me out

I have Marina and I love her to bits, Octavian I had in New Leaf is fantastic and I've never had Zucker but I like him too, however I do think variety is the spice of life so as long as I have Marina I won't have any more Octopi, wish we could have more villager space :(

I have Marina and while the other two Octopi are cool, I only want Marina. Her cuteness never gets old.

The octopi are not adored by my family, so I can’t have any as villagers LOL

I would be happy to have Octavian and Marina, and over the years have had all three at different times
however Zucker is one of my top 3 least favorite villagers of all time, his design and concept just make me shudder and I do not see the appeal, which is weird because I really don't have any concept related issues with any of the other food characters, maybe because none of the others are related to a formerly live animal that is no longer thus?
So yeah, at any rate I would absolutely not have all 3 of them XD
I get why people would want that since it is the easiest group to be able to collect all of without sacrificing personality types or whatever, but not my thing

I had the chance to have all three I had Zucker, Marina and found Octavian in the islands but I didn’t want to have too many of one species so I passed up on him.

Back