Splatoon Worst Salmon Run Teams?

Oh, what can I say? Eh, I was supposed to be done with SR but thought, "Oh, my favorite map again. Let me play a few, and then another.. then another". It was a pretty good weapon set. UCB normally sucks but for the first time I kinda like it this rotation lol. I played more defensively most of the time especially when egg running. I actually should have finished this faster but got 3 communication errors. Two of which happened when I was around 920 and 970. They.killed my.momentum. Ugh. I also got several HLMs but it's kinda 50/50. There were HLM matches I lost on W1 or 2. Randoms thought we are at 16 quota. That's how it's been for me i rarely get 15/16 quota nowadays. My lowest was 17. And once I reached 600 or near, I start getting 19 quota. Then 19/20 or HLM at 700+. That's JP lobbies for you, for the most part, but not all are good players. If anything, it's easy to mess up if you don't lure at the start. If you have this impression that JP lobbies are easier, I dare you to play full FL with them. Can't wait too see the reactions when you get matched with 3 dumb JP names or 2 JP + 1 English name and your starting quota is 20 or HLM. It's not like those English lobbies with 14 to 16 quota. It makes me sleep watching those runs, tbh lol. Ahh I'm done with SR, finally.

Added note:
As per splatnet, I counted and I (legit) lost only 9 games. Then, like I said, had 3 communication errors on my end. Those 5 losses (combined) occurred right after the errors. They basically killed my momentum, got me annoyed and made me lose focus at times. It wasn't fun anymore at the end (to be honest), and just badly wanted to finish it. And those 3 games were winnable (either got dc'd in the middle of Wave 2 or 3, while things were doing great). For the record, I rarely have disconnection issues on Freelance. As in, it almost never happens. This, if I'm not mistaken, was the most I had in one rotation. My internet has been perfectly fine. Just really unfortunate. I actually almost had one in my final game. The "connection unstable" appeared for a second in the middle of Wave 3 while I was near the basket running eggs trying to make the quota early. Anyway, it's good that I don't have to deal with it anymore for the time being. I'm done.

I got my 50th full Freelance 999.

RYOZXLd.jpg

JaLLrzF.jpg

a0qEvPo.jpg

Also proof that I'm starting to get 19 quota at 560 to 600+

8gqX7hn.jpg

8gqX7hn.jpg

YWZ1wIF.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, let's do this. How many times did I say it is my last freelance? SR be like ".96 Gal, Sploosh, Dapple, RB, you don't want? On the Ark, you really don't want? The temptation was so hard to resist. But the game decided to welcome me by giving me a communication error literally on my first game. Back to 380, really? It was just trying to load the map of Ark over and over. I cannot even start "What the?". Boom. Comm Error! Fine. I still just want to play. Please don't make me mad this early. And wow. I never "technically" lost a game until I was 840. That's 23 straight wins. Cohock Charge on Ark? Nah. Rush HT? Nah. Griller HT which was suppose to be hard on this map? Not really. My technique worked both times (I had 2 HT Griller. Never lost 'em.). Never lost any Rush and Griller rounds. Well, I got a bit annoyed around 860 to 880/890/900. I lost 4 times around these range. I even dropped down from 900 to 890. But.once I gotten back to 910, I kept winning until the end. It wasn't smooth-sailing though. Had to work hard especially in my final 999 game. 4 losses is my personal best but that comm error at the start costed me to possibly finish the job lower than 37. I'd still take it. 4 losses, on Ark? It's not like I lost or was playing on lower quotas. My losses had 19, 19, 21, 20 starting quota. I only had 5 matches that started with 17 or 18 quota from 600 to 999. Most of my ganes started at 19 to 21. I had 6 Hazard Level Max too even if I played really early. Got 5-1 record on those. Guess, this is how I wanted to end my Splatoon 2 SR FL "run".

Got my 51st full Freelance 999. 😊

Zu0zUPQ.jpg

yMrlhFM.jpg

LNhCqIF.jpg

I0Esvw0.jpg

LixOrRZ.jpg

sTttAuu.jpg

Bonus:
Got my FL11 earlier 😅 (because it's normally FL10 but got dc'd on my first, right? ). Just for the fun of it. I like that my stats (revive/death/eggs) has gotten better as I was ranking up till 9s.

uIdWD6O.jpg

m3XweOL.jpg

Last edited:
After playing HFW on my PS5 earlier, I looked at the rotation and thought, "Hey ny favorite map is coming up again and, yeah, decent weapons". So, I played a bit of SR. A few games later, I was starting to get bored. I don't need anymore 9s on this map as I got a ton already lol. I took a break and looked at my splatnet app and learned that I was averaging around 25 golden eggs at around 500+ before I even reached 600. So I told myself, "Let's make this interesting and I'd try to beat my personal best". Well, it's 26.8 eggs. Because normally I start at early 20s. By the time I reach 700 or 800, I tend to start running crazier egg numbers due to my matches having high quota (19 to 21 start). I only got four matches with 17/18 quota after reaching 600 today. So, I thought, why not? 😋 Every time I see an egg, it was like gold. My eyes were twinkling lol. I literally tried to abuse putting the eggs. My fingers felt hurt/numb holding the controller and pressing anf soamming A while swimming, movingvand dodging around the basket. 🤣 I had one match wherein I got 60 eggs. I could not believe that. I was overfishing on Freelance. 😅 I'm so proud because I've done it without Cohock Charge or Griller (easy to get eggs on this map) or a Fog round. If anything, I had a Rush round which is hard. And the rest of the two were Normal Tide. Anyway, I guess this is the rotation where getting to 30 eggs is just normal. 😆. I did enjoy the ride. I got 10 losses overall. Not bad. There were times I got annoyed losing W1 because of the worry that they'd lower my average. I guess, they weren't due to me running 40+ eggs after those games. Had to run crazier to try to balance the losses. In the end, I got my personal best and proud to get that kind of egg average on Freelance. 😎

Got my 52nd full Freelance 999.

I think I'm finally done with SR on Splatoon 2.

5DeybHe.jpg

4h9X4Ro.jpg

p9vCFnH.jpg

3HeYM3Z.jpg

Okay, this Freelance run was strange I'm supposedly done playing FL on Salmon Rin after my last 999 two weeks ago. I'm pretty satisfied with that run setting a personal best for eggs (average). I was talking to a good friend who has several of FL9s under his belt. It's been a long-time since he had one. So I challenge him to play this rotation on full Freelance and get to 999. "So hey, the weapon set is good and it's been awhile since you had it. I know you can do it. I'm rooting for you". I also told him that I'm done Freelancing so I probably won't play this rotation. But he told me "Why don't you play. You never know. You might do something crazy". It's been exactly 10 days since I played FL for longer than just going for FL10s. I kinda missed playing with randoms lol. So I just tried to play a bit. No expectations. Not going for anything. Just plain fun, you know? Didn't expect I'd get a match having 53 eggs, 9 revives (1 death), and would even lead the boss kills. I was not honestly going hard for the eggs and just wanted to play a balance game. But when I looked at the splatnet app with me at 600 (I got FL10), I was averaging around 33 eggs. I was like "Seriously?" Color me surprised, I guess. So I decided to play more. Part of me thinks, I'd probably try to go for sub-40 jobs. Like, get to 9s with maximum 7 to 8 losses, if I can. My record was 4 losses (with comm error though) but I have another one with 5 losses and finished it on 36 jobs. Oh yes. Of course, they are non-Grizzco rotations.

So going back on topic, I did not lose until I was 800. Literally, lost just 5 points. Gpt the highest egg and had 8-0. Randoms kept on dying and worse, not so.much running eggs. It was HT ugh. But you kniw what? I'd take it because I never lost another game after that lol. Oh yeah. I've beaten my personal record and finished everything in 32 jobs. Only 1 loss. But I'm more than happy that I've beaten my previous record of 31.1 eggs. Could not imagine that I can still run more than that. Now, I was able to push it to 35.1. 🥰 Didn't really expect that I could run this good on Freelance, especially if I look back in the past. I mostly just hovered around 18 to 22. I guess, that's what I get for playing (legit) FL for years. It was really worth it. 😊

I set 2 personal records on my way to my 53rd full Freelance 999. I'm sure I'm finally done at this point.

PS. I also had 8 Hazard Level Max games today when I reached Profresh 815 to 999. 8/10 matches were HLM and I won all of them. 😎

Oh yes, my friend was right. I did something crazy today on Freelance.

WlDSRoj.jpg

yFMnAgN.jpg

xYZDR5t.jpg

aofsNdH.jpg

rQ5jPzx.jpg

Yqz46iL.jpg

Hi windfall! Oh wow, it's been a long while. I've missed talking to you. How's life treating you so far? Thank you so much. Your compliments are making me feel ashamed and embarrassed, but I appreciate it. 😊 And even if you're not actively playing anymore, you're still the best and super amazing in Ranked. 😁

I didn't imagine that I'd go back to playing Salmon run and Nintendo online in general, after my partner passed away early this year. I lost motivation in basically everything. 😓 Just thought of recently that maybe, I need to go back to doing the things that I enjoy, even just to take my mind off. Sorry about that. My reply turned into "melodramatic". Anyway, yes, I'm definitely getting Splatoon 3, mainly to play more SR and to experience something new as well as see the improvements. Hope I can see you there and play with you once the game is released!

I've honestly toned down a bit from doing Freelance 9's lately, and have also been more open to casually playing with someone or meet other players to experience something different, and just to have fun overall. If you're up to and available, sometime, maybe we could try playing together for a few games! Just let me know. It would be a pleasure to be in the same team with you. 🙂 I hope you're taking care.

Just scrolling through the thread - your latest FL streak in salmon run in particular is insane Lorii!! A true inspiration!

Apologies for the late response yet again. I have been playing alot of SR in splat3 and it reminded me of you. I hope you are doing better. My condolences on the loss of your partner. :( I'm glad SR could provide you with a bit of respite, if only for a little bit. I hope you have gone back to doing things you enjoy and spending time with loved ones - I can't even imagine how much pain you are going through.

Have you been playing SR in splatoon 3? They've increased the difficulty quite alot by adding more boss salmonids and increasing the quota and adding an "xtra wave" - I'm sure you'll find the challenge enjoyable!

Depending on the rotation, my SR rank varies from profresh+2 to VP. Hopefully I will get better, so I can play along side you!

Keeping you in my thoughts.
Would definitely be down to play a few rounds :)

I always get the worst teams this 2022.

Every time I play Salmon Run, there's always a team who really sucks. So I'm one of the people who prioritize the egg and prioritize to "carry" my hopeless teammates to victory, but... I CAN'T DO MY DUTIES BECAUSE MY TEAMMATES KEEP GETTING KILLED AND THEY'RE KILLING SO FAR FROM THE EGG BASKET AND IT'S ANNOYING ME! And sometimes, I'm encountering people who have the same duties as me (like reviving teammates professionally) and don't expect me to be happy with that because they're ruining my plan or strategies ughhhhhhhh. (I'm sorry if I sound rude but that's what I feel.)

I would like to throw my joy-cons when I'm getting pissed but I would choose the right choice to don't do it because it's just a game like
would I die if I lose in a game? or it is the end of the world? Well, no. That's a bad attitude for a person ngl-

Actually, I don't know if I'm ranting about the worst teams or something else but ehhh-

Since I'm seeing people posting Profreshional 999 successes here...
I might not have a picture proof but I have 10x 999s and It's all freelance because I work hard for my 999 successes and I want to achieve it
solo. 😊

I always get the worst teams this 2022.

Every time I play Salmon Run, there's always a team who really sucks. So I'm one of the people who prioritize the egg and prioritize to "carry" my hopeless teammates to victory, but... I CAN'T DO MY DUTIES BECAUSE MY TEAMMATES KEEP GETTING KILLED AND THEY'RE KILLING SO FAR FROM THE EGG BASKET AND IT'S ANNOYING ME! And sometimes, I'm encountering people who have the same duties as me (like reviving teammates professionally) and don't expect me to be happy with that because they're ruining my plan or strategies ughhhhhhhh. (I'm sorry if I sound rude but that's what I feel.)

I would like to throw my joy-cons when I'm getting pissed but I would choose the right choice to don't do it because it's just a game like
would I die if I lose in a game? or it is the end of the world? Well, no. That's a bad attitude for a person ngl-

Actually, I don't know if I'm ranting about the worst teams or something else but ehhh-

Since I'm seeing people posting Profreshional 999 successes here...
I might not have a picture proof but I have 10x 999s and It's all freelance because I work hard for my 999 successes and I want to achieve it
solo. 😊
I feel your pain lol
I was just about to post how sick I am of seeing the ‘One player left’ message, then I’ve gotta drop what I’m doing and go find people.

I have to revive this thread to rant, because I just CANT ANYMORE!!! I have been trying desperately to grind for ability chunks via salmon run but it’s so awful! In every SINGLE game I played today at least one player disconnected during the game. If they are not disconnecting then they are running off shore killing bosses as far away from the basket as possible. I’m not a pro player either but like people don’t seem to know ANY BASICS??? Then I have team members dying at the very edge of the map and instead of freaking moving closer to the team or basket they just SIT THERE and wait to be rescued?!! I have been in the same god damn rank for like 57 (!!!) matches now ( I kid you not, I counted) because for every one win there are 5 losses!

Back