Splatoon Worst Salmon Run Teams?

koopasta

Bells
Special Snowflake
Holiday Candy Cane 2018
Ruby
Leif
Jack
This just happened to me, and needless to say I'm really mad. My Salmon Run teams have been awful lately. I've had some people that genuinely tried their hardest, and I'm not mad at them. What I'm mad at is the fact that some people just didn't do anything. Because of this I'm about to drop my second rank, and I was at Profreshional.

My worst story today is when I was trying to fend off a Mothership. By myself. With the H-3 Nozzlenose. It stole all our eggs. When I go and try to find my team, they're all partying on the other side of the map.

Please tell me I'm not alone!

Most of the time I'm always with bad team mates on Salmon Run, so now today I goof around.
Its like no knows how to play Salmon Run at all.

I was grinding for chunks/cash earlier but towards the end of my goal (almost 5000p), I got paired with people who still didn't know what to do or even keep track of the time and egg count. They're almost just there spread out, probably killing the bosses but not depositing the eggs. I mean, I expected a lot more at Prof 300+. It was just the first wave and pretty sure they're alive.

Last edited:
Tell me about it. The last few Salmon Runs, I always kept getting splatted and no one cared to revive me. My team mates kept running around the stage without depositing the eggs. I lost count of how many times I got demoted.

Oh man, at least y'all have made me feel better. The next stages have all random weapons, so I'm looking forward to getting weapons I don't know how to use for every single wave.

I somehow got up to Profreshional, it was a struggle I tell you. Some of those low rank players make the easy ranks of Salmon Run feel harder then higher up ranks! It’s like the don’t know you’re supposed to deliver eggs. (which I didn’t know at first either, despite the tutorial, I, didn’t pay attention) Recently I was playing with my BFF and dropped down to the 0 point mark, which usually when that happens I just quit since next weapon rotation/time it bumps it back up to 40, but I felt confident and kept playing. Ended up going down to overachiver for a good week. Only a couple days ago got back up to Profreshional. I hate how if you play with a higher ranked player (aka, a friend), and you lose, they lose a TON of points. So I couldn’t even play with my BFF until I got back up to Profreshional. I wish ppl would try harder with this mode to actually y’know, meet quota. Maybe make sure their wifi doesn’t cut them out every min and perhaps at least give it their all. I’ve had people sit there doing nothing except saying booyah like trolls, despite us losing. It’s all only a game though, for fun and all. But, c’mon get some skill or at least try to play

If you’d like to send me a Switch FR go for it, I could use some good Splatoon players on my side.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, some of the teams are terrible. The lower ranks are worse than Profreshional I swear.

Lately I played with some friends online and got knocked down not only 1 rank, but 2 ranks below Profreshional. It's only now that I've miraculously made it back to Profreshional. It took me so long. The teams in Go-Getter and Overachiever just don't communicate. Like seriously, I don't want to be wasting 20 seconds just to swim around aimlessly until I find a boss, you've gotta call out for help lol. Then you guys might stop dying. If there's eggs to be collected, once again call out so we can meet the quota.

It's a team mode for a reason, it doesn't work if you don't work as a team!

Luckily for this rotation, the only complaint I have for this team is how they handle the Grillers. I've only bumped into them twice, but both of them cost us the match. They ended in the same way, too. The Griller would target me and I would run around and obviously try to lead it to an optimal position.. but when I did, my teammates would all stand in front of me and get splatted, leaving me alone. And I couldn't revive them, obviously, since I was getting chased.

This is partially why I don't play Salmon Run... I've been frustrated when people don't come and help you when you have been splatted, or even communicate to ask for help, there's been times where I've only noticed I was the last one alive because they didn't spam the "Help" option and we lost. When it's low tide and you've found a boss, I communicate and show them where the boss is, some times they just stay near spawn and ink the turf :l I've not had this game long so I'm not a Profreshional yet, it just seems impossible to rank up because the teams are useless.

The good (although I guess it could be seen as bad as well) is that it restarts each rotation :) I don't think I've had anyone flat out just not play the mode, although sometimes someone will go to the egg basket after a low tide round before the water rises, and they just kind of jump around there, and it's like .-. But yeah, I noticed that the higher the rank, the more likely my team was to work as a team. Like, my highest rank I believe was like 165 or so and at that high up, everyone on the team would kill all the boss salmonids before depositing the eggs which was nice because then it rarely got super chaotic c:

Well, I've been getting good teams lately especially when I get past Prof 100. I just couldn't get in the 500 range (highest I got was 460) lol I don't know why. I'm trying to balance putting the eggs and reviving my team. There was one time I revived my team 15 times ang still lost aww but then there was another when two of them kept on dying and squidbagging all the time but we won in the end probably due to me being patient in reviving them haha. I don't see much of a difference between Prof 300 to 400 except for one time when I had that random Hazard max level lol omg we barely finished the first wave. I've been grinding a lot in Salmon always going past 1200p. I've gotten to 12000p+ sometime last week then broke it last friday reaching 14200p mostly with randoms. My gf and my kid who both have Splatoon doesn't have the patience for that lol they will play with me until they reach 1200p then byebye, I'd be on my own lol.

Last edited:
i just started playing the game 3 days ago...not good enough to do salmon run yet...i need more practice when i improve a bit maybe you can set up a salmon run with players here...and of course me too..do you have a thread to invite friends to salmon run?

Honestly this is so relatable and it makes it so that I'm scared to even go on Salmon Run because I don't want to lose my Profreshional 200 rank. I already ranked down from 300 and so far, 3 months passed trying to get back to 300 but my teammates keep disconnecting or squid partying...

I've gone through another 'Hazard Level Max' the other day. Think I was between Prof 650-670 at that time. We were able to finish it but wow, it was really intense.

Last edited:
SO, I went from Profreshional to Overachiever due to a) Terrible weapon loadout (two weapons involve charging) and b) Teammates who rather be the last one left standing and fight off the enemies themselves rather than reviving players who are SERIOUSLY RIGHT NEXT TO THEM!!

It wasn't that bad playing with randoms earlier (my gf and kid chose not to play lol). Initially, I thought it was going to be a horrible shift because of the slow albeit powerful weapons (Nozzlenose, .96 gal and Hydra). I started at Prof 300 then ended up grinding to 13000p and to Prof 600+ IIRC.

Last edited:
It wasn't that bad playing with randoms earlier (my gf and kid chose not to play lol). Initially, I thought it was going to be a horrible shift because of the slow albeit powerful weapons (Nozzlenose, .96 gal and Hydra). I started at Prof 300 then ended up grinding to 13000p and to Prof 600+ IIRC.

Yeah I felt like I was contributing nothing whenever I got the hydra splattling because I'm so terrible with it lol. It was good when there was a Mothership or Rush though, so easy to shoot everything down xD

I forgot to post earlier about one run I did the other day. We were in Wave 1 and I kid you not, there was about about 5 flyfishes that spawned in a row :lemon: Whenever a boss spawned it was a freaking flyfish. I've never had so many of one boss type spawn xD We survived, idk how though!

Yeah I felt like I was contributing nothing whenever I got the hydra splattling because I'm so terrible with it lol. It was good when there was a Mothership or Rush though, so easy to shoot everything down xD

I forgot to post earlier about one run I did the other day. We were in Wave 1 and I kid you not, there was about about 5 flyfishes that spawned in a row :lemon: Whenever a boss spawned it was a freaking flyfish. I've never had so many of one boss type spawn xD We survived, idk how though!

Dude, if you think that was bad, they spawned Steelheads on my teams like nuts. They're not bad by themselves, but if you get weaker weapons and span 5 of 'em, you're done. However, I've also learned a ton of new strategies for Glowflies and Grillers. As rude as this sounds, I feel like Switch Online weaned out the wave of amateur players.

Dude, if you think that was bad, they spawned Steelheads on my teams like nuts. They're not bad by themselves, but if you get weaker weapons and span 5 of 'em, you're done. However, I've also learned a ton of new strategies for Glowflies and Grillers. As rude as this sounds, I feel like Switch Online weaned out the wave of amateur players.

Oh really? :eek: Yup, that would've been worse! Yeah, I feel that too. A lot of the casual players, I guess, have gone probably because they don't feel the need for Switch Online. Although, some of the newbies are still around. I play with one of my irl friends who has only starting playing recently, so we always get paired with low levels and that just reminds me that noobs still exist lol.

Hydra is one of my least fav weapons, maybe up there with the Dynamo. 'Nore' always try to bully me whenever I get them since she likes using those bigger Splatings and Dynamos, lol.

Oh great job! You were able to finish somehow :) Flyfish. I hate it when they spawn on that part in Lost Outpost where there are grills that you can barely submerge in ink. It feels awkward to throw a bomb coming from the side lol and that usually happens at the start. Also in Salmonid Smokeyard during hightide when there are tons of them spawning on the other side then your teammates deal with them and stay there almost the whole time (pretty sure they'll end up dying). That's a guaranteed 'that's a wrap!' xD

Back