With Wi-Fi Unavailable, is it Worth Buying?

Jessy_Azran

Small-Fry Lawn Clippings
Bells
Switch
2848-7128-6492
User Title Color Change
Silver Mailbox
I haven't got the game yet. I wanna know if it's worth buying, as a lot of people like this game. Wi-fi got shutdown, so is it playable without needing to play with others?

What's the storyline like? What do you have to do? Is it like New Leaf? Wild World? What's the roles you have to play.

Everyone, I realise there is a thing called Google. But sometimes it is easier to get a proper opinion from experts like you. I definitely know you're legit honest. Please convince me or not to buy the game.

P.S. I see this wi-fi thing in the threads, which I have tried to do, but it doesn't work in Australia, and I'm not even sure if it's legal to obtain it.

City Folk was my first game, and quite frankly I don't really remember going online for anything really!

I don't remember TOO much about the game, other than you don't really have a role similar to the newer ones. You're just a new person moving to a town. Tort is mayor. The big appeal of this game was being able to go to the city (hence the name) and honestly that was my favorite part of the entire thing.

Is there any reason why you want this game? If you think of the reasons you want this specific game and see if it outweighs the reasons why you don't want to get the game, then I'd say get it!! It can't be that expensive right?

City Folk was my first game, and quite frankly I don't really remember going online for anything really!

I don't remember TOO much about the game, other than you don't really have a role similar to the newer ones. You're just a new person moving to a town. Tort is mayor. The big appeal of this game was being able to go to the city (hence the name) and honestly that was my favorite part of the entire thing.

Is there any reason why you want this game? If you think of the reasons you want this specific game and see if it outweighs the reasons why you don't want to get the game, then I'd say get it!! It can't be that expensive right?
Thank you for your opinion! I will see if my store has it in stock as soon as they open after the pandemic. Also one question, is it necessary to play every day? Will my animals feel sad if I don't go on everyday?

You'll definitely want to play every day if you can, or even every other, since the villagers can move out without your permission!
Anyways, the ciity aspect of the game is definitely a lot of fun~ I have really really fond memories of City Folk! Honestly, I don't remember going online for anything other than to visit my friends maybe once or twice. It's definitely playable and enjoyable without wifi.

City folk was such an amazing game, I loved traveling to the city, I would hope they add something like it to the game again! Online is really only to visit friends, so you don't need online support to enjoy the city in City Folk!

Yay!

Does time-travel work in City Folk? Where i write down exactly what day I was last on and time travel to there, does it affect the game? I'm just soo addicted to New Horizons I don't have time for the Wii every day. Also the fact my tv is usually hogged by my brother or dad lol

Time traveling works! :D That's super understandable hahahaha~~ I think it just carries the same risks as New Leaf, where if you time travel too far in the future, a villager could move out without you knowing. So just be careful ^^

Time traveling works! :D That's super understandable hahahaha~~ I think it just carries the same risks as New Leaf, where if you time travel too far in the future, a villager could move out without you knowing. So just be careful ^^
Yes, I think I really will play this game! The only games I can't own is the gamecube, nintendo 64 and Amiibo festival, since all consoles have been discontinued, so I'm glad to keep some games

Yes, I think I really will play this game! The only games I can't own is the gamecube, nintendo 64 and Amiibo festival, since all consoles have been discontinued, so I'm glad to keep some games
Depending on what wii you have, gamecube games can be supported. :) I play animal crossing gamecube on my wii often. But again, it depends on what wii you have.

Actually people have been hacking their wii consoles to play online on games like MK Wii. I did it to my old wii console in 2017 and it worked when it wasn't a good time because the wii was breaking down that time and i got a new one that same year. So I did forgot how to do it, so idk anymore how to get online or what website I used. Just wanted to let you know about that. But City Folk can still be a fun game, I never used the online in the game like only once.

Back