• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

With the rumors of Switch 2… Do you think a new AC could be in development?

If I'm being honest, I think the focus the AC devs took with NH is also due to "knowing what fans want".

I think your points are really good to bring up- and also think that they are the natural progression of the series' features when it comes to decorating. I can see why they made outside decorations limited to PWPs in NL and how that evolved into being able to place other items outside, regardless of fan frustration with what limits were put on what PWP could be placed where. What I was getting at more with bringing up the devs taking into account "what fans want" comes into play when looking at features that got taken out/reduced/changed, i.e. no more pelicans running the post, Reese and Cyrus being limited to Harv's Island, no Tortimer's Island, etc. I feel like they thought there were certain parts of the game that people didn't care about, so they omitted or changed them, and now see that there's a lot about this game that fans really love and would like to see back.

What makes the fact that people have completely ignored this in favour of going "whyyyyy" worse is that the people who say things like "NH isn't enough of a life sim" are also the people in the ACNH Rant Thread saying things like "why do I have to go to Blathers to assess fossils?", "why do I have to go to the airport to go online?" or "why is the drop-off box giving me less money than actually interacting with the Nooklings when the shop's open?", stuff which gives off the Exact Opposite Impression imo, and it worries me!

The fact that a good portion of Animal Crossing fandom is blindly chanting "QOL, QOL" without actually considering it's going to tip it further into Design World is worrying on its own, the fact that a good portion of the Animal Crossing fandom is that media illiterate that it somehow both wants AC to be super convenient and bending to your every whim and more life sim (life, of course, being a thing that is Always Easy And Convenient) fills me with a great dread... because when that inevitably doesn't happen, yay! Horrible. I don't look forward to it at all!

Very good points here. I think a LOT of people are too impatient with this game and its roots, and while some changes to streamline things and make them easier are definitely appreciated, the cuts that people want the game to make will take a ton of the life sim aspect out, as you've stated (of course, listening to fans' demands request for some things like improved villager dialogue would enhance that aspect, but I digress).

The next move this series makes is going to be critical going forward, and I'm very excited to see how it goes. I'm a 100% believer that the pandemic forever changed the way this series functions and what fans expect from it (specifically when it comes to the rollout of holiday events, swimming, Brewster, etc - had we not all been locked inside 24/7, most people with in-office jobs/other work wouldn't have had soooo much time to burn through everything in the game, and getting certain things over time would've been so cute imo), so I would be shocked if the next game had a similar rollout of major updates. Maybe some DLC, but I'm confident they will release a game that people consider "full/complete" at launch.

The devs said that as soon as NL released they started thinking about ideas for the next game. I think they would have done the same after NH released but the pandemic obviously delayed the plans they already had. I don't think they started brainstorming until after the 2.0 update.

The gap between NL and NH was so long because [again, my belief] they started development of a game for Wii U but those plans were shelved and they had to start over. If the rumours of a Switch 2 are true, however, I can imagine it being easier to start actual development of a new game sooner but it would depend on the engine they use.

It's usually about four years between games but NH is still consistently in the top 15 downloaded titles every month so they may ride that wave a little longer. They may take a little more time as well considering they delayed NH and didn't have time to fully implement all the features they wanted to for NH's launch [hence the first few big updates], at least to the standard they wanted in a first party, triple-A game ...

What makes the fact that people have completely ignored this in favour of going "whyyyyy" worse is that the people who say things like "NH isn't enough of a life sim" are also the people in the ACNH Rant Thread saying things like "why do I have to go to Blathers to assess fossils?", "why do I have to go to the airport to go online?" or "why is the drop-off box giving me less money than actually interacting with the Nooklings when the shop's open?", stuff which gives off the Exact Opposite Impression imo, and it worries me!
I wasn't aware of anyone complaining specifically about needing Blathers to identify fossils. I did respond to someone who suggested that we should be able to do so ourselves after we collected every fossil, to which I agreed, because your character should probably already be familiar with every fossil that's in the game at that point. Maybe Blathers could've given them a D.I.Y Recipe — a tool used to identify fossils, perhaps. Not far off from being rewarded the Golden Net and Fishing Rod for nabbing every creepy-crawler and reeling in every sea creature, respectively.

I might just be a bit out of the loop when it comes to the criticism of New Horizons because I find at least some portion of it to be asinine, unfair, and contradictory, especially when it comes to villagers "feeling like props" rather than living beings. Don't understand this particular criticism, when villagers hardly did anything in earlier games that wasn't an event or what-have-you. And the fact that villagers can't leave without absolute permission from the Island Rep would only confound this weird take people have with villagers somehow being more lifeless than the ones from older titles which didn't even have hobbies sans Wild World and CF — and even those were randomized in those games (hobbies in CF were barely noticed because the weren't tied to favors this time, and are only rarely mentioned by villagers, to the point that it's hard to recognize that they even exist in the game).

I'm not sure if the same people making those complaints are the same ones making these other complaints which undermine the former ones made about NH, but again, I don't pay much attention to this criticism, because... let's face it: fans DON'T know what they actually want out of these games.

Last edited:
Lets not forget when City Folk first came out on the Wii it was bashed on for being too similar to the original Animal Crossing and Wild World..
I didn't catch this in my other post, so here it is, now.

I wasn't there when City Folk was new, but I think it's more for the fact that it didn't add much to the series, other than a few new characters, events, a city that feels more like a plaza than an actual, lived-in city, and that awful, WRETCHED mechanic which tracked the player's movement by having grass shrink beneath their feet just as they walked — this one thing, alone, was enough to lambast the game. Also, the dialogue was neutered, severely. Worse than any game since. Easily the worst in the series, by a mile.

Certain elements from WW were removed for no reason, such as villagers giving you their photos and celebrating their own birthdays — both of which returned in NL and NH, so it just makes their absence in this particular entry even more jarring.

Some of the holiday-based events from the original game lack the boisterousness they once had, leading to a pretty empty and dull experience.

Last edited:
City Folk was my first animal crossing game, I basically grew up on it. I think most of the criticism from already existing fans is valid like most of the stuff said above.
But as someone who never played Wild World until recently, City Folk is an AMAZING game on its own. And yes, although fans were looking for something different, I don’t think this was an unenjoyable experience for them after they played for a while. And yes, they’ll probably enjoy Wild World more if they played it first; but just because it’s not your favorite doesn’t mean it’s not good! And you have to admit the Wild World graphics are less than ideal compared to City Folk.

Hey, whatever they come up with, just name it something different this time. 😏 New Leaf. New Horizons. How about a New Name, huh? 😜 I also wonder what transportation you will be riding in this time. 🔮🤔 First it was a locomotive 🚂 then a taxi 🚕 followed by a school bus 🚌 then a bullet train 🚅 and finally an airplane. ✈ Maybe the next vehicle will be a cruise ship? 🚢

There was like a 7 and a half year gap between the Japan release of NL and the release of NH. Previous gaps aren't always indicative of the future, but personally I'm not expecting a new AC game for a while. It was just over two years ago that they released that very large DLC for NH, too.

Maybe?

I would want the next game to be something like ACNH Deluxe.

1. Start with ACNH and add some quality of life elements like crafting multiples of the same item in one sitting provided that the player has all the necessary ingredients.

2. Add ACNL items that didn't return for ACNH. All those public works items? Add them to the list of Nook Mile items? The missing themes and series like Royal, Rococo, Modern etc. Discrepancy between similar items seen in the ACNH catalog and the ACNL catalog? Defer to the ACNL catalog.

3. Yes, Add every prior catalog item into this ACNHD catalog. I suppose except the NES games from ACPG.

4. Bring back Kapp'n Island games.

5. Bring back every villager ever. Even the more exclusive ones like Bow, Meow, Holden, etc.

6. Know how some species lack a villager of every personality type? Add as man new villagers as needed so that every species has at least one villager for each personality type without having to resort to Amiibo.

I think your points are really good to bring up- and also think that they are the natural progression of the series' features when it comes to decorating. I can see why they made outside decorations limited to PWPs in NL and how that evolved into being able to place other items outside, regardless of fan frustration with what limits were put on what PWP could be placed where. What I was getting at more with bringing up the devs taking into account "what fans want" comes into play when looking at features that got taken out/reduced/changed, i.e. no more pelicans running the post, Reese and Cyrus being limited to Harv's Island, no Tortimer's Island, etc. I feel like they thought there were certain parts of the game that people didn't care about, so they omitted or changed them, and now see that there's a lot about this game that fans really love and would like to see back.
I think in that case it's more a combination of trying to mix things up and avoid making or coming across as The Same Game, Again, mixed with some stuff that's either a consequence of the deserted island setting and the idea to drastically mix things up further (this is mainly the pelicans because having Reece and Cyrus on your island proper would have felt kind of redundant imo, although this is coming from someone who hated having Re-Tail as the main shop in NL), a consequence of people misusing something (I have a suspicious feeling that one of the reasons some form of Minigame Island didn't end up in NH, aside from using Kapp'n for the island tours, is the horrible amount of hackers Club Tortimer had), or a consequence of "NL wasn't very newcomer-friendly, let's simplify things!"

Very good points here. I think a LOT of people are too impatient with this game and its roots, and while some changes to streamline things and make them easier are definitely appreciated, the cuts that people want the game to make will take a ton of the life sim aspect out, as you've stated (of course, listening to fans' demands request for some things like improved villager dialogue would enhance that aspect, but I digress).

The next move this series makes is going to be critical going forward, and I'm very excited to see how it goes. I'm a 100% believer that the pandemic forever changed the way this series functions and what fans expect from it (specifically when it comes to the rollout of holiday events, swimming, Brewster, etc - had we not all been locked inside 24/7, most people with in-office jobs/other work wouldn't have had soooo much time to burn through everything in the game, and getting certain things over time would've been so cute imo), so I would be shocked if the next game had a similar rollout of major updates. Maybe some DLC, but I'm confident they will release a game that people consider "full/complete" at launch.
Agree that the next move AC makes is critical, both for the series itself and also for the Switch 2, but I'm not gonna lie, I'm... not quite convinced that the next game in the series is going to be complete from Day 1? I think there's lots of good reasons why NH used updates (tl;dr version: ensuring regular releases for the Switch after the Wii U didn't have any, getting an Animal Crossing game out in its customary early to mid-console lifespan slot instead of in a mid-late lifespan slot, avoiding the same massive gap between Japanese and western release NL had, ensuring the feeling of collective discovery isn't spoilt by that or time-travellers, as a way of easing newcomers in like Splatoon does, as a way of generating hype like Pocket Camp does, and the fact that Live Service is The Big Trend In Gaming right now, for better or for worse), and I think at least the first three are still very much in play here. However, I do know that Nintendo is on a massive expansion drive right now (they're hiring more people and building a second building to house them in), and I feel as if the reaction to their use of free updates being as mixed as it has been is at least part of the desire to do so (it's worth mentioning that 2023 was the first year in the Switch's history to not have any major titles released utilising free updates, although Splatoon 3's updates are still ongoing), and I think we're going to see at least the start of the results in the next couple of years. I just don't know how exactly it's going to affect the development of AC specifically, tbh.

as for dialogue, as I keep saying, feel as if that's partially due to you being the big boss of the town (half of that is just "you're encouraged to do what you like with the place" which feels like it'd jar with mean villagers, and half is just "a good portion of dialogue is now just "huh, someone put this thing there, nice one" as a result), partially due to NL adding two more personalities which dilutes the dialogue pool further, and partially due to the fact it isn't the early 00s anymore (although very specifically I'm referring to the fact that Nintendo then seemed to want to act a bit edgier then to try and get the PS2 crowd involved, for better or for worse. It didn't really work, the DS and the Wii happened and Nintendo ended up going "actually, screw being edgy, we're Nintendo and we're family friendly" a couple of years into that, again for better or for worse as The Sanriofication of Nintendo Branding took hold.). I honestly don't see dialogue getting better unless Animal Crossing stops being about you being the big boss, they get rid of the two newer personalities, or Nintendo decides for some reason "actually, let's be edgy again"

I wasn't aware of anyone complaining specifically about needing Blathers to identify fossils. I did respond to someone who suggested that we should be able to do so ourselves after we collected every fossil, to which I agreed to, because your character should probably already be familiar with every fossil that's in the game at that point. Maybe Blathers could've given them a D.I.Y Recipe — a tool used to identify fossils, perhaps. Not far off from being rewarded the Golden Net and Fishing Rod for nabbing every creepy-crawler and reeling in every sea creature, respectively.
tbh I've clearly misread that, my apologies. However, while it's not the full "here's a way of completely avoiding interacting with a character!" I'm still not a fan of it, purely because once you've collected every fossil (and especially once the museum's fully completed) there'd be borderline no point to interacting with Blathers afterwards, let alone going into the museum. I want to have reasons to interact with characters! I like going into the museum, getting Blathers to assess my fossils, then popping into the Roost for a cheeky coffee, dammit. I don't want it to end up like Shrunk in NL, where because there's now a full two pages of slots for emotes there's a point in which I'm no longer interacting with this character.

tbh I've clearly misread that, my apologies. However, while it's not the full "here's a way of completely avoiding interacting with a character!" I'm still not a fan of it, purely because once you've collected every fossil (and especially once the museum's fully completed) there'd be borderline no point to interacting with Blathers afterwards, let alone going into the museum. I want to have reasons to interact with characters! I like going into the museum, getting Blathers to assess my fossils, then popping into the Roost for a cheeky coffee, dammit. I don't want it to end up like Shrunk in NL, where because there's now a full two pages of slots for emotes there's a point in which I'm no longer interacting with this character.
It's fine. Just wanted to add some clarification, since criticism towards the latest installment in a series can seem messy and discrepant, especially in a community as big and active as the Animal Crossing fandom.

As for Blathers, I still think there could be a workaround, here, that could satisfy both convenience and the life-sim aspect this series (not just NH, specifically) could use a little more of. Grant players the ability to identify fossils, but bring back the Episodes Blathers had which delved into his entomophobia, his relationship with his sister, and his backstory of how he came to be a museum curator. Wild World did this with most of the special NPCs in that game, exploring a little bit of themselves through brief exchanges throughout the year. It boggles the mind most of this was emitted the next game after — regulating it exclusively to the Able Sisters, then completely abandoning it altogether. The world will never understand Nintendo's bizarre, enigmatic thought process. I understand this is tangential, but I'm still miffed that Tom Nook's backstory wasn't expanded beyond WW. It wasn't even touched upon at all in City Folk, which is especially infuriating since it would have been a good opportunity to port his Episodes into the game, because Nookington's no longer needed this dumb "visit from another town" requirement in order to be established. It would've been a good window to look into who Tom Nook's character really is, rather than a misleading meme of a corrupted landlord — which he isn't.

Back to my point: it doesn't have to mirror WW exactly, but we should at least get small intervals of casual communication between characters like Blathers. It's a bit of a shame how much of his character is defined by his fear of bugs, because one Episode in WW made him look as if he was undergoing a character arc — shedding his fear to be a part of Celeste's activities. Status quo ultimately prevents him from receiving one, but it doesn't make any of this any less heartwarming:

"You recall that I declared I'd work on conquering my fear of bugs, eh wot? Yes. Well, I've been doing my own special training! [...] The means to which I have resorted are quite extreme, really... Hoo. Yes. Indeed. Just thinking about it makes my belly burble, but... I lay my Giant Dictionary of Insects before me, fight my gag reflex, and... slowly run my talon over each of the foul images! Ugh... The thought alone of those furtive caresses makes my gorge rise! The other day, I opened the book to a close-up of a green caterpillar's face... I believe I may have pocket-retched a bit... Ugh. So very vile..." — Part 2 of Blathers' Episode in December

Here, he laments that he hasn't made much progress in conquering his fear:

"I'd very much like to take Celeste camping in the summertime, you see... Youths her age still tend to enjoy such activities, do they not? Yes. Well. In any case... I believe a night of camping is just the thing! I should think she'd rather enjoy that, wouldn't you say so? [...] To be forthright, I owe her an enjoyable time. I've been a substandard brother... We go to the beach, I see a sea louse, and soon I'm covered in nerve-hives... We go hiking. I glimpse a common butterfly and need a week of therapy... When I think of the scenes I've made, I'm simply horrified for Celeste!" — Part 4 of Blathers' Episode in December

This fifth and final part of this Episode is when he gives up on this effort; he explains why:

"Last night, I was gingerly perusing my bug dictionary... I imagine this will come as no surprise, but some vile image caused me to swoon... When I came to, there was Celeste caring for me. She said this to me: 'Big brother, I have had quite enough. This madness must end this minute! Why, everyone has certain fears, certain things that one cannot abide. You detest bugs, Brother! And that is what makes you you! Got it?' ...I daresay they were the nicest words I'd ever heard. Hoo! Indeed, hootie hoo!"

He bewails over the fact that he can't be a part of her life more often, yet is proud of how mature and caring his sister is:

"It saddens me that I lack enough leisure time to dedicate to her, but... Even without brotherly guidance, Celeste has grown into a fine young lady... The pride I feel for my little sister... Well, it cannot be quantified, wot! You could scour the essays and dissertations of the world's academics,
and I'm quite certain you'd fail to find evidence of a superior sibling!
"

This interchange, alone, is probably the best writing this series has ever had. If I say WW has the best dialogue, it's because of these Episodes. These are way better and more important than villagers making crass jokes and sniping insults at you for no reason. I'm not sure why these aren't discussed often when it comes to AC dialogue. It's still dialogue, regardless if it's from NPCs rather than villagers.

This is just one example of there being incentive to talk to Blathers beyond just giving him fossils to examine. Honestly, he'd be no more than a fossil-examiner, which wouldn't be much better than the alternative of there being no reason to speak to him after everything in the museum's completed. Had other ideas, but thought they lacked detail, and this post is already too long for anyone to care about, anyway.

A spot-on take on Shrunk. Wouldn't it have been great that, after you unlocked every emotion in New Leaf, Shrunk would perform his comedian routine in your town, with your villagers showing various levels of reviled criticism towards his awful jokes? Frillard could've taken his place at Club LOL while he was out. It would've made quite a lot of sense, given you were the only person who came to him for his jokes in the first place. It could've been a motivator for him.

Last edited:
Considering I'm still not even done with my island... and there has been no evidence of a new game to my knowledge.. no I don't think it'll be with the release of a new console.. probably some time after

I would not be surpised if Nintendo pulls a "3DS" and just makes a "Nintendo Switch XL" which means it will have more storage and probably will have more power to it to improve preformance. Its something that they might do. They are weird these days.

I don’t think that a new console will be announced and released for another year. The Switch has been a huge success and the most successful Nintendo system to be a massive success upon release since the Wii.

I don’t think that a new console will be announced and released for another year. The Switch has been a huge success and the most successful Nintendo system to be a massive success upon release since the Wii.
I think they're going to try and get that last few million sales out of it before the successor comes along, but I’d be genuinely surprised if it came out next year, given that everything seems to be pointing towards it being announced soon:
  • no proper February Direct, just a load of Twitter drops with information about stuff we already knew about like Side Order and Princess Peach Showtime (the last time there wasn’t a Direct when one was expected was June 2022, when everything upcoming already had release dates and TOTK had been delayed to 2023)
  • on top of that the fact that the well of announced Switch titles is drying up and there’s nothing dated after Princess Peach Showtime next month/the current financial year ends (the TTYD remake’s been given an age rating so presumably sometime later on in spring at the earliest, and Luigi’s Mansion 2 HD is scheduled for summer). That combined with “no Direct” and the fact the Switch is just about to turn 7 generally sets alarm bells off!

The fact that a good portion of Animal Crossing fandom is blindly chanting "QOL, QOL" without actually considering it's going to tip it further into Design World is worrying on its own, the fact that a good portion of the Animal Crossing fandom is that media illiterate that it somehow both wants AC to be super convenient and bending to your every whim and more life sim (life, of course, being a thing that is Always Easy And Convenient) fills me with a great dread... because when that inevitably doesn't happen, yay! Horrible. I don't look forward to it at all!

I'm sorry, but have you seen what some of the QOL stuff people are asking for is? Here's a video that I think does a great summary.

TL;DW:
  • "Craft X" feature.
  • Customize the color of an item when you craft it.
  • Pull materials from storage while at the crafting bench.
  • Drop/transfer/withdraw items from your inventory with a single press.
  • "Grab X", so you can grab 5 items from a stack of 30.
    • Same thing but for eating.
    • Same thing but for buying things in bulk like medicine.
    • Buy multiple things from the Able Sisters' fitting room at once.
  • "See whether or not you donated an insect to the museum from your inventory".
  • Reorganize your apps on the Nook Phone.
  • A targeting indicator to see what you're about to dig/plant/terraform/water.
  • "Lock furniture in place so you don't accidentally pick it up"
  • "bring back the megaphone".
And yes, I've excluded some of the other stuff that I don't think is necessary QOL but would be nice, like, as you mentioned, the "going to the airport" thing. I don't think any of these exactly go against "life sim" and are just "features that weren't included to artificially slow down the game". I respectfully think you're accusing the people chanting QOL of being mindless in bad faith.

I'm sorry, but have you seen what some of the QOL stuff people are asking for is? Here's a video that I think does a great summary.

TL;DW:
  • "Craft X" feature.
  • Customize the color of an item when you craft it.
  • Pull materials from storage while at the crafting bench.
  • Drop/transfer/withdraw items from your inventory with a single press.
  • "Grab X", so you can grab 5 items from a stack of 30.
    • Same thing but for eating.
    • Same thing but for buying things in bulk like medicine.
    • Buy multiple things from the Able Sisters' fitting room at once.
  • "See whether or not you donated an insect to the museum from your inventory".
  • Reorganize your apps on the Nook Phone.
  • A targeting indicator to see what you're about to dig/plant/terraform/water.
  • "Lock furniture in place so you don't accidentally pick it up"
  • "bring back the megaphone".
And yes, I've excluded some of the other stuff that I don't think is necessary QOL but would be nice, like, as you mentioned, the "going to the airport" thing. I don't think any of these exactly go against "life sim" and are just "features that weren't included to artificially slow down the game". I respectfully think you're accusing the people chanting QOL of being mindless in bad faith.
Hi, sorry for taking a month to reply to this, but:
I think the wording of calling people mindless is a bit harsh, true... but I feel as if a lot of the time in general, people fail to consider the potential drawbacks of QOL changes (because "why would something that makes something more convenient make a game worse?", people ask, then when that QOL change happens and there's some kind of drawback, like when people complained about not being able to skip the opening cutscenes in Splatoon then when they made it optional, it took them the best part of a year to add stage-specific dialogue because it's not a priority, because everyone's gonna skip it anyway; or by removing the "being thrown out of a level" part of 3D Mario in Odyssey, so there's not really much of a hub world outside of the Odyssey and it generally feels a bit less special to start a mission) or fail to realise why exactly something is inconvenient (because more often than not, there's some underlying thought going on, it's not just "mwahahaha, we shall make it INCONVENIENT".). l I feel as if the people who made these videos are well-intentioned, and they've managed to do a very good Nintendo Direct impression (they've got the nauseating kid's TV presenter/condo sales rep voice down pat), but they clearly haven't thought about either of these two things, and neither has 99% of the Animal Crossing playerbase.
It's just "this is inconvenient, change it" without considering "Animal Crossing has multiple types of slight inconvenience built into its DNA, and getting rid of it would make the game tremendously boring"

I think crafting, customising etc being as slow as it is is a deliberate design choice. The fact the game has several Nook Miles goals going "hey, you crafted X things" tends to back this up, as in general anything goal-orientated in Animal Crossing's either going to be a tedious and gruelling marathon session where you're basically at it for hours, or something that you do steadily, day by day (paying off your mortgage is a good example). You're on a deserted island with essentially whatever you've got to hand and a basic toolkit. You've not got a large factory full of mass production machinery. If you're able to craft everything you need with just a few clicks of a Joy-Con stick, what's the point of them going "craft things by hand?"

Bulk buying isn't a bad QOL change on its own, because I will admit using the Able Sister's changing room is incredibly awkward. However, it does make the fact they've shoved everything non-furniture related in Nook's Cranny into the cabinet and every colour variation of the items on display at the Able Sisters so, so much worse. You're barely interacting with Mabel when you're buying items as is (as 'everything's in there, why bother buying things off the mannequin?'), now you can just add Literally Everything Available into a shopping basket and go... so what's the point of having anyone there to buy clothes from? Having infinite amounts of everything else in the cabinet already makes shop upgrades redundant and makes it feel less like a real shop, now I'm also barely interacting with Timmy and Tommy too... so what's the point of them, either?

I don't necessarily think the others are tremendously bad ideas (at worst, I think bringing back the megaphone would feel less natural due to the lack of a microphone on the Switch), but COME ON. Don't just clamour for things you've not thought because you're slightly inconvenienced, or worse, actually have to play the game, then complain that the charm's gone (these two things are connected). Think about why they're there.

I would also like to say "lol, lmao" as literally a few days after, we heard about the Switch 2 potentially being pushed back to next year. Admittedly, people are also saying "Indie World in March, April Direct" and we've got one week of March left... so idk what's true here.

Back