Wireless earbuds recommendations?

Croconaw

アリゲイツ
Bells
I had my fair share of wonky generic earbuds, but they’d fall out of my ear sometimes and literally break in half. They were so cheaply made, I just caved and got AirPods. That’s what I’ve been using. However, my AirPods are driving me insane. Actually insane. I’ve had them for a good year or two.

I literally have to disconnect them and reconnect them each time I want to use them because “they aren’t in range.” This hasn’t been an issue until recently but I’m unsure how to fix it. It’s been doing this about three weeks. Otherwise, they are pretty comfortable in the ear.

I’m not too concerned with price and this isn’t an emergency by any means because the AirPods still work, but I’m thinking I may invest in some new ones within the next year.

I really hate those rubber tips because those never stay in my ear. I prefer the ones without the rubber tips, but that’s basically my only requirement.

Does anyone have any recommendations if I do decide to ditch these wonky AirPods? I use them to listen to music while working and traveling by train (so, long distances). Thanks.

Last edited:
wireless headphones without rubber tips arent super common, at least here in the USA. there's galaxy buds but they're a bit of an unconventional shape (THE BEANNNS)

airpods are best in business for a non rubbery earbud. however my dad has a pair of "Shocks" (Shox?) from Best Buy USA that he loves. they're sport style earbuds tho so they're the ones that wrap around your head and theyre not super bud like but theyre wireless and he says they sound good.

lemme actually look for those on their website cause idk what the brand name is. i'll edit this once i find them

edit: found them pretty quick haha, brand is Shokz.

they sell like, various price points on these. if these arent your style you might wanna look into just getting new airpods or the samsung beans.

I’ve heard good things about the Sony Linkbuds and JBL Tunes. Not sure if the ear pieces are rubber though. I always see the raycons in the sponsorships and they have great reviews, but they’re rubber i believe.

I have similar issues finding good ear buds, my problem is my ear/ear canal is very tiny so most earbuds are too big and end up hurting really bad.

I’ve been looking at Raycons but those rubber buds never stay in my ear. I’d literally need a piece of scotch tape holding it in. My ears are weird, I guess.

I might just see if I can fix these AirPods or get a new pair. I’ve come to the conclusion they’re just broken, but at least they somewhat work.

I use JLab Jbuds when I exercise and they're pretty decent for the price (around $30 USD on amazon last I checked). They do have the rubber/silicone earpiece things but surprisingly I've never had them fall out or feel uncomfortable. To note though, I do not know what the bluetooth range is like since I only have ever taken them a couple of feet away from my device.

I'm the kind of person who can barely even wear regular foam earplugs or hard earphones since they fall out or are super uncomfortable, so it was really nice to find wireless earbuds that worked for me!

I know it's not cool anymore but it might be worth considering using wired earphones with an adapter. That's my preferred way and completely removes the bluetooth issue.

I use JLab Jbuds when I exercise and they're pretty decent for the price (around $30 USD on amazon last I checked). They do have the rubber/silicone earpiece things but surprisingly I've never had them fall out or feel uncomfortable. To note though, I do not know what the bluetooth range is like since I only have ever taken them a couple of feet away from my device.

I'm the kind of person who can barely even wear regular foam earplugs or hard earphones since they fall out or are super uncomfortable, so it was really nice to find wireless earbuds that worked for me!

I know it's not cool anymore but it might be worth considering using wired earphones with an adapter. That's my preferred way and completely removes the bluetooth issue.
I'm not OP but I wanted to thank you for the rec. I assumed I'd have to fork over $100 for a good set of wireless headphones, which I obviously didn't want to to. These are a big contender.

I actually found out by accident my Airpods have a limited warranty (Expiring December 31st, 2022) so I’m going to see if they can be fixed.

I use JVC wireless earphones. The HA-A7T-W model specifically. They do the job wonderfully and only cost me £35. Fully charged they last approx 15hrs without needing plugged in again - which works well for me because I don't carry the charger with me and only go home 2-3 nights a week.

personally when it comes to ear buds i have both recommendations for both wired and wireless. for wireless i recommend the taotronics soundliberty 94 as they have great sound, Active noise cancelling (blocks outside noises with or without playing music), a decent ambient mode (allows you to hear through your music good if you wanna talk to some one and listen to music). its also pretty cheep as you can always find deals on them ive seem them in the $30 to $50 range(usd). also if you want some good want some educational content about audio and stuff by a funny Australian man i recommend dank pods on yt.

also if you want some good want some educational content about audio and stuff by a funny Australian man i recommend dank pods on yt.
i was also going to recommend dank but didnt wanna sound like a nerd lol. seconding dank pods!

I got the Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 last year and really like them. They do have the rubber tips though. You could try the Sony LinkBuds, I heard they were pretty good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if you or anyone else is looking (and I can't say I'm an expert at this as it takes me forever to upgrade) but I found these wireless earphones not buds, that seemed decent enough. They're called Sony, WH-CH510. Knowing how I live under a rock with tech, you all probably know of them and consider them trash, but they seem to work pretty good for me.

I've use them when I exercise which is roughly an 1-1 1/2 every other day or so. And I haven't had to charge them yet.

Back