• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Windows Vista

Sonicdude41

Bells
Microsoft is going to be releasing Windows Vista Janjuary 30. What are your opinions on Microsoft's latest version of Windows? Do you think Windows Vista will be a must-have product or a nice-to-have product?

Dicuss.

definately nice to have, but I'm going to get the home edition premium one when I get the money (I almost have it) and then maybe later I'll upgrade to ultimate (its costs less like that)

That means my free copy of Windows Vista Premium should be arriving sometime in February.. :gyroidveryhappy:

ZERO_13 said:
That means my free copy of Windows Vista Premium should be arriving sometime in February.. :gyroidveryhappy:
what? Do tell (also do you mean ultimate or home premium)

I'm gonna get the Home Premium version also.

Home Basic = SUCKZOR.
Ultimate = Too expensive.

Thanks and Thanks!

It looks like a ver, very updated version of XP. It would be nice to have, but it probably would have glititches.

JJRamone2 said:
ZERO_13 said:
what? Do tell (also do you mean ultimate or home premium)
I recently bought a computer and qualified for a free Windows Vista Upgrade. Since the current version of Windows XP I have is Media Center, I get a free copy of Windows Vista Home Premium.

I have a media center too, but I bought i too early.

:'(

I'm not getting Vista, I'm lucky that my comp runs XP <_<
I'm getting a new processor before I consider Vista.

I'm not getting Vista, I'm lucky that my comp runs XP

Lemme guess...yours was upgraded by an Upgrade Package, wasn't it? Meh, I honestly don't believe in upgrades... (Unless of course the computer tells you if it's capable with a Windows OS), like mine has that sticker that says that this computer is Windows Vista Capable. I would provide a snapshot of that sticker if I would. It even said it on my computer's box. But other than it telling you it's capable with an Windows OS, I don't believe in them, because you upgrade it with an Upgrade Package, and then the computer will die a few weeks later. That's just logically thinking.

Oh? What are the specs of your system currently?

Anyway, regarding Vista... I'm really rather indifferent. In my opinion, it's just yet another expensive factor I'll have to take into consideration when I get my new PC. There's really nothing groundbreaking about it.

Back